Detonator is Ratt's underappreciated MASTERPIECE

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

str
Playing Frat Parties

Re: Detonator is Ratt's underappreciated MASTERPIECE

Post by str »

Nice to see some love for "Hard Time" ,
always liked that one ,
I saw that Robbin played part of the lead live ,
I always wondered if he played that part on the record,
both Pearcy and Blotzer said in their books that Warren rerecorded some or all of Robbin's parts on Detonator,
It has never been made clear how much Robbin is on that record
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Given how the tour went, probably not at all.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

After reading this thread I might be the only one who actually likes reach for the sky. 😆
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
gtrjay

Post by gtrjay »

HottKarl777 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:31 pm Dope boy only cowrote one song on it. Shit sandwich.
Win for the day! :lol:
I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. These two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin - Modern Philosopher
SW
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by SW »

pieceofme wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:06 am After reading this thread I might be the only one who actually likes reach for the sky. 😆
Nope.

So much better than Detonator even tho singles are not that good.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

pieceofme wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:06 am After reading this thread I might be the only one who actually likes reach for the sky. 😆
Nah. As I said above, I think pretty much Ratt's whole '83-'90 run of EP and albums are great.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
SchenkerFan
Headlining Clubs

Post by SchenkerFan »

dmbrocker wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:51 am
Nah. As I said above, I think pretty much Ratt's whole '83-'90 run of EP and albums are great.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I dig the 1999 s/t. It's different but most of the songs are fairly good. Still prefer it over Reach for the Sky.
HoldenSSV
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by HoldenSSV »

SW wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:40 am
Nope.

So much better than Detonator even tho singles are not that good.
I prefer Reach as well. "No Surprise" is as good as anything from Detonator and it wasn't even a single.
"Copying off of one person is called plagiarism.
Copying off of ten people is called research."
whiteowl yesterday
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by whiteowl yesterday »

skinni wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:48 am Detonator is certainly an underappreciated release.

It's a great album that I occasionally play.

this.
"artist formerly known as midnighttoker"
whiteowl yesterday

Post by whiteowl yesterday »

i like it too.
"artist formerly known as midnighttoker"
AlexVonHaig

Post by AlexVonHaig »

if it was the 80s and it was RATT it was good
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:23 pm i think it's their best album. desmond child strikes again.
Agreed. It's my favorite Ratt album but I don't think these are the definitive Ratt songs/singles like on their earlier records.

Desmond obviously had a ton of hits but they were singles not full albums like this. He had Alice Cooper Trash right around this time that hit it out of the park.

Honorary mention to Kane Roberts "Saints & Sinners". He looked (and sounded) like Rambo! But Desmond's songs and production turned it into a huge arena rock album. It's the poor man's Detonator. Check it out if you haven't heard it!
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:38 am
Kid-Wicked wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:23 pm i think it's their best album. desmond child strikes again.
Agreed. It's my favorite Ratt album but I don't think these are the definitive Ratt songs/singles like on their earlier records.

Desmond obviously had a ton of hits but they were singles not full albums like this. He had Alice Cooper Trash right around this time that hit it out of the park.

Honorary mention to Kane Roberts "Saints & Sinners". He looked (and sounded) like Rambo! But Desmond's songs and production turned it into a huge arena rock album. It's the poor man's Detonator. Check it out if you haven't heard it!
big fan of that album. he put out a new album a few years ago. he shot the video for the lead single here. i was asked to work it but they couldn't afford me. as it turns out alice cooper was in the video. i would have worked for cost had i known that ahead of time.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:48 pm

big fan of that album. he put out a new album a few years ago. he shot the video for the lead single here. i was asked to work it but they couldn't afford me. as it turns out alice cooper was in the video. i would have worked for cost had i known that ahead of time.
You've got to make bank for that expensive sushi habit of yours!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

pieceofme wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:26 am
Kid-Wicked wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:48 pm

You've got to make bank for that expensive sushi habit of yours!
i've had to cut back because of the two strikes last year.
going tonight though. lol