OLD MAN ALERT ... Sebastian Bach: "All 'American Idol'-Style Shows 'F***ing Suck'"

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

endstand
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: OLD MAN ALERT ... Sebastian Bach: "All 'American Idol'-Style Shows 'F***ing Suck'"

Post by endstand »

American Idol first aired over 20 years ago, how can anybody whine and complain about it in 2023? I mean, how on earth it can bother anybody?

I kinda understood if somebody was all confused and bitter when it started and bitched about it at the time.

But STILL, in 2023?

Jesus.
DangerZone
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: OLD MAN ALERT ... Sebastian Bach: "All 'American Idol'-Style Shows 'F***ing Suck'"

Post by DangerZone »

I didn’t realize the current skid row singer got his start singing skid row on an American idol type show.

All makes sense now, and makes Bach look petty
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

DangerZone wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:31 am I didn’t realize the current skid row singer got his start singing skid row on an American idol type show.

I think a few people missed out on that part. That's the whole inside joke. If Sebastian just said "American Idol sucks. I'M an idol", it would be stupid. But him saying "you too can sing for Skid Row" makes it a little funny at least.

I agree with what somebody posted above. "He's not wrong. Who cares?"
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

DangerZone wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:31 am I didn’t realize the current skid row singer got his start singing skid row on an American idol type show.

""""""""""""""I didn’t realize the current skid row singer got his start singing skid row on an American idol type show.""""""""""""""""""

Yes... as history has told us... Erik first auditioned for Swedish Idol in 2007 when he was 19 years old... and he sand "18 & Life" which got rave reviews and went "viral" at some point.

He did not win that year, but did win 2 years later in 2009... so... about 15 years ago.

He was in the popular Swedish band HEAT for years, toured all over Europe, and had some success as a solo artist.

Then... he lived life... a full decade or more, and got some form of Cancer... all the while, he was married, with a child.

He fought the Cancer, and battled back... then, a few years ago, decided to re-sing "18 & Life" while recovering and put it on his social media.

He wrote a little story about how this song meant so much to him as a kid, and he sang it 12 years earlier, blah, blah, blah.

At the same time, Skid Row were recording NEW music, for a record... and ZP Theart was their singer, but... there were some issues.

One of which, I had heard through the grapevine for a few years since Covid, is that ZP would not get vaccinated, and Skid Row had to pass on several gigs, because he (ZP) could not travel into those areas, etc.. and the band was passing on enough gigs, it was taking $$$$$ out of their pockets... as they were all vaxed.

Either way... there was tension with their singer.

Someone suggested, "Why don't you check out that Erik guy from Sweden, he's amazing... and he did a killer version of "18 & Life", etc..

Snake and Rachel watched the clips, and decided to message him, told him the stuff was great, and then asked: "Would you be interested to sing on a song or two?"

And, if I am not screwing up the story, they sent him the track for "The Gang's All Here" and asked him to track it and sing it.

Erik agreed, BUT... had NO experience tracking his OWN vocals, and did not want to let anyone else in on the news, they had reached out as it was supposed to be on the down low.

So, Erik basically wing'd it... googled online, and cut his own vocals at home, and sent it back soon after...

Rachel and Snake heard it, shit their pants... and the rest is history.

This guy smokes Bach... ALL day long in all categories, no question.

#teamskidrow

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Erik Gronwall singing "18 & Life" in 2009 live on Swedish Idol... and playing the guitar too > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkx5TU48A2U

2 years ago during recovery from Cancer.., complete with a bald head covered by a hat > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cthGs8EsrM

$tEvil
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Sebastian should work on another solo album and show them how it's done.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Steve Perry stays home collects paychecks while younger dudes sing his songs
Maybe Tuff should have this business plan. Some younger Eric could sing for Tuff while the Steve Perry of Tuff collects paycheck or not

I’m getting old- I don’t care
Making plans to see U2 at The Sphere-old person life
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"