DEE SNIDER Says METALLICA 'No Repeat Weekend' Concept Is 'Self-Serving': 'It Only Appeals To A Small Percentage Of Fans

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: DEE SNIDER Says METALLICA 'No Repeat Weekend' Concept Is 'Self-Serving': 'It Only Appeals To A Small Percentage Of F

Post by Tymaster »

Dee is approaching Ted Nugent levels of needing to STFU.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Re: DEE SNIDER Says METALLICA 'No Repeat Weekend' Concept Is 'Self-Serving': 'It Only Appeals To A Small Percentage Of F

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

kytepunches wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:25 am What I do find to be the most amusing about Dee and his delusional history. Is the bands he so easily lumps Twisted Sister in with . Kiss, Iron Maiden,Metallica,Aerosmith,Def Leppard and Motley Crüe are stadium level acts. Twisted Sister is a glorified bar band. If Dee compared his band to Winger ,Anthrax or even Gwar I could see the comparison.
They all kinda do that though. I'm pretty sure Joe Elliot thinks Def Leppard are on the level of Queen, Bowie and Led Zeppelin.

As for Metallica...when tickets first went on sale they are for both nights. You couldn't buy a single night ticket. And prices were decent for 2023. But the travel involved and getting in & out of the stadium was just too much of a pain. I only went one night. In retrospect, I should've went both nights though. I missed out on the opening bands and a lot of Metallic songs I didn't get to hear.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

I thought it was a great concept. I wish the Rolling Stones or Aerosmith did this.

They have been consistently changing the setlists night to night since St Anger era.

I only went as far as watching a download of the movie theatre thing and it flowed really well. All the tedious songs they have to play every night get split over 2. That stage is stupid though.

And everybody has the album / knows the songs.

Too bad Sofi is terrible, if it were at the Rose Bowl I might have put some effort.

Haven't seen Metallica since 1996.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
Metal Heart
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Metal Heart »

Dee, much like Bach and Paul Stanley, has revealed himself to be a douche. I admire Metallica for mixing up the setlist. Most artists are too lazy to do that and don't have the songs.
"Life sucks, but in a beautiful kind of way." - Axl Rose
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:05 am Resident MAGAt edgelord contrarian is butthurt

:lol: You're a dumbfuck.

Never cared for MAGA. Never will.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:06 am You couldn't buy a single night ticket. And prices were decent for 2023. But the travel involved and getting in & out of the stadium was just too much of a pain. I only went one night.
I love that this is the state of music in 2023. Band forces you to buy 2 tickets to 2 shows, totaling $500-$600. "Great lineups, no repeats!" Then add in $100 parking costs per night, 2hour in traffic to get into your parking spot, $60 T-shirts, $20 beers, $11 popcorn, convenience fees, facility fees, 2 hour snarl to get out.

Leaves you with a $250-$300 dollar ticket for night 2 of your favorite band, where you're just "put it in the trash, my soul cant do any more of this"
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

This concept is incomprehensible to Dee because his catalog of listenable tunes is two songs deep.

Metallica, as always, is doing things their way. Seems to be working out for em.
DwightFry
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by DwightFry »

Thank goodness Dee is here to offer guidance to the younger bands. Maybe they'll even reach Twisted Sister's lofty heights one day.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Even during their peak, Stay Hungry, to get booked at the largest venue in their hometurf, The Nassau Coliseum, they had to open for Ratt. Yet, Metallica should listen to Dee. :roll:
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Bob Sacamano
Headlining Clubs

Post by Bob Sacamano »

Tymaster wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:20 pm Even during their peak, Stay Hungry, to get booked at the largest venue in their hometurf, The Nassau Coliseum, they had to open for Ratt. Yet, Metallica should listen to Dee. :roll:
I was checking their tour dates for Come Out and Play to see what kind of venues they did. The New York gig was at Radio City music hall. I am guessing they wanted to do multiple nights but could only do one because their next show was four days later in Richfield, OH.

Looks like most of the tour was in large theatres or B arenas.
"I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in this country, I don't believe in religion, or a god, and I don't believe in all these man-made institutional ideas"

-- George Carlin
Hellbound

Post by Hellbound »

I was going to write something but then I lost interest.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Bob Sacamano wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:19 pm
Tymaster wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:20 pm Even during their peak, Stay Hungry, to get booked at the largest venue in their hometurf, The Nassau Coliseum, they had to open for Ratt. Yet, Metallica should listen to Dee. :roll:
I was checking their tour dates for Come Out and Play to see what kind of venues they did. The New York gig was at Radio City music hall. I am guessing they wanted to do multiple nights but could only do one because their next show was four days later in Richfield, OH.

Looks like most of the tour was in large theatres or B arenas.
Their fall was amazingly quick and precipitous.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Mojo wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:28 am I don't see anything wrong with what Dee says here, and I don't think it matters that it's the singer from Twisted Sister saying it. Just because Metallica has the catalog doesn't mean that a huge percentage of the audience doesn't want to hear "Sandman," "Fade to Black," "Puppets," "Creeping Death," or whatever. No matter what they play, people are going to be disappointed because they don't get to hear some of the really well known songs and are instead hearing album tracks. It's exactly as Dee says. The hardcore fans may love it, but the average fan will probably be bored.
That said, it's just one tour and people have had ample time to go see them, and if all they want is "Sandman" and "Nothing Else Matters," they can hit up the next one.
Agreed.

What Dee is saying isn't too outlandish.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
mrsnikkisixx
Headlining Clubs

Post by mrsnikkisixx »

Dee is just pissed 80,000 people wouldn’t pay to see him in a huge stadium. But, he’s entitled to his opinion, even if it’s a really stupid one.
DangerZone
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DangerZone »

Dee is like the David Allan Coe of hard rock
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

HueyRamone wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:08 pm
DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:06 am You couldn't buy a single night ticket. And prices were decent for 2023. But the travel involved and getting in & out of the stadium was just too much of a pain. I only went one night.
I love that this is the state of music in 2023. Band forces you to buy 2 tickets to 2 shows, totaling $500-$600. "Great lineups, no repeats!" Then add in $100 parking costs per night, 2hour in traffic to get into your parking spot, $60 T-shirts, $20 beers, $11 popcorn, convenience fees, facility fees, 2 hour snarl to get out.

Leaves you with a $250-$300 dollar ticket for night 2 of your favorite band, where you're just "put it in the trash, my soul cant do any more of this"
I did figure out a better way after the first night if I had to do it again ...

Use SpotHero for parking. It was $60 bucks and far enough away to completely avoid the snarl. Go GA, it was $190 a night, and just go the last night. You can get boozed up outside now from the street vendors, I got a shot of Patron and Modelo's for $5 each before I went in
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

I am almost glad I never drove otherwise I would have had to get used to taking the bus around age 40. Like fuck that shit.

At some point the halfway point this year I had spent more on parking than event tickets just for the few I took the dearly neglected to.

I have yet to have or see a single problem in Inglewood day or night. Still the occasional rapper getting blasted and I guess it's still the hood even if a house will set you back 800k minimum
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
Zinny
Headlining Clubs

Post by Zinny »

Don’t forget to add that the band has a night off in between the concerts. Fans travelling to town for the shows need to book/pay for another hotel night. So, three hotel nights in total.
I did, however, see that there’s a possibility to buy tickets to one show only. Of course the price for both is more favourable.
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

I usually agree with Dee, but not on this one. I think most people going to a Metallica show know all the songs and welcome a cool experience like a whole weekend of music from them. The prices dont seem significantly higher to me than a single show. (I looked a while back and there were $200 seats which means $100 a night.)

I checked out the concert at the movies a few weekends ago and I thought it was awesome. I dipped after Justice, so I am not super familiar with anything other than the hits after that point but I enjoyed all the songs. I especially thought the stuff off 72 Seasons was good live.
IREEKOFAWESUMNES
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by IREEKOFAWESUMNES »

I absolutely DESPISE metallica and it blows my mind that anyone cares to pay to see a group that hasn't written a good song since the USSR was still around

With that being said

***EVEN I*** think what they did with the no repeat setlist is fucking awesome and admirable for a band at their stage in their career

Dee snider is a fuxking retard
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

It also just occurred to me, how would supposedly playing to a small percentage of the crowd be self-serving?

Self-serving would be playing the same 90 minute hits-only set both nights, because in Dee’s logic that would both appeal to most of the crowd and obviously it would be easier for the band.

So in addition to being an egocentric arrogant entitled blowhard, he also doesn’t even make any sense.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
Busch1724
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by Busch1724 »

The nature of the music business is self serving. Write songs, release them, hope they sell, tour, and appeal to a group of fans to make a living. What an idiot.