Skid Row to postpone dates until March 2024

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Hellbentforfeathers
Opening Act in Local Bars

Skid Row to postpone dates until March 2024

Post by Hellbentforfeathers »

Singer health issues

#stemcellrefund

https://www.skidrow.com/single-post/ski ... -october-2
Police and Naggerz
Get outta my way
roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: Skid Row to postpone dates until March 2024

Post by roxxxtar »

Oh crap. They’re getting another singer.
Well it was good while it lasted.
SexxAtraxxion
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by SexxAtraxxion »

Low ticket sales?

They need Bach.
My music library at last.fm:
https://www.last.fm/user/JonathanHalen
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

1. It has nothing to do with ticket sales.

2. They are not looking for a new singer.

3. They do not need, and will not go back to Bach.

Lastly... Erik already made a video about this, in short... because of his previous condition, the Cancer, etc... his immune system is compromised, and he said that he has a much higher chance of getting sick, colds, the flu, etc...

I hope he is not going backwards in the way of health... that would be horrible. But he has gotten sick a bunch in the last 6 months... and he's said himself, it's related to his condition.

$tEvil
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

They also are finishing their last 9 shows in Sept before the resheduled OCT dates
endstand
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by endstand »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:24 pm 1. It has nothing to do with ticket sales.

Lastly... Erik already made a video about this, in short... because of his previous condition, the Cancer, etc... his immune system is compromised, and he said that he has a much higher chance of getting sick, colds, the flu, etc...

I hope he is not going backwards in the way of health... that would be horrible. But he has gotten sick a bunch in the last 6 months... and he's said himself, it's related to his condition.

$tEvil
Yep

I can imagine that it obviously has been a very intense period for Erik with Skid Row, getting into band the way he did, putting out the album and then touring and travelling a lot. Adding the pressure he has gotten.

So for everybody it would be very draining! Adding to the health issues he had, no wonder he needs a break. Hope he is doing OK! And of course health always comes first.
endstand

Post by endstand »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:24 pm 1. It has nothing to do with ticket sales.

$tEvil
Yep.

I can imagine that it obviously has been a very intense period for Erik with Skid Row, getting into band the way he did, putting out the album and then touring and travelling a lot. Also he has gotten a bit of a pressure for sure, so not an easy task.

So for everybody it would be very draining! Adding to the health issues he had, no wonder he needs a break. Hope he is doing OK! And of course health always comes first.
AlexVonHaig

Post by AlexVonHaig »

or.................... and I hope its not.......................the return of...................the C word
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

The
As someone who has personally gone through 2 Stem Cell Transplant’s 5 years ago now, let me tell you, the first 2 years are insanely difficult when it comes to recovering from chemotherapy and adding weight back to your frame. Not to mention, every day rest is needed. Whether it is being off of your feet or napping. In my recovery experience, long hours of travel, physical fitness and and days putting in over 15,000 can exhaust me considerably. Throw in trying to avoid catching a cold (or Covid) or anything detrimental that can drop your red blood cells to the point of needing a transfusion or complete long-term rest, you’re seriously playing with fire. Simply put, it can take you out permanently. Erik is still very early in his post leukemia journey all things considered.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

ParaDime77 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:05 pm The
As someone who has personally gone through 2 Stem Cell Transplant’s 5 years ago now, let me tell you, the first 2 years are insanely difficult when it comes to recovering from chemotherapy and adding weight back to your frame. Not to mention, every day rest is needed. Whether it is being off of your feet or napping. In my recovery experience, long hours of travel, physical fitness and and days putting in over 15,000 can exhaust me considerably. Throw in trying to avoid catching a cold (or Covid) or anything detrimental that can drop your red blood cells to the point of needing a transfusion or complete long-term rest, you’re seriously playing with fire. Simply put, it can take you out permanently. Erik is still very early in his post leukemia journey all things considered.
I did not know this. Congrats on the recovery. What are you a pilot?
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

eddie lee roth wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:14 pm
ParaDime77 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:05 pm The
I did not know this. Congrats on the recovery. What are you a pilot?

Thank you btw, and no sir, not a pilot. Think more of someone who covers expansive windshield time for a living.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
WCiezak
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by WCiezak »

It's a really bad idea for anyone, especially a cancer survivor to keep picking up covid over and over. That's the end result of touring in the modern era...for now. I don't think it's sustainable to do these tours. They do make covid singing masks and they could take some other measures, but it would take a lot of effort. Apparently people in Congress don't know any better as multiple members have had it 3x in the last year. Even for fans, I don't see how picking up covid from the Taylor Swift show every year is going to be a practical way of doing things. All the damage that can be done to T-cells and organs, your body isn't supposed to get stronger with each infection. So, it's survival of the fittest at the moment. Until venues and people start taking more precautions or the tech exists to neutralize or eradicate viruses that are a threat to immunocompromised people, we will see a lot of problems. And it's just sad because so much of it is preventable.

Skid Row should just play it safe. Either take the measures necessary so Erik doesn't pick up things, or just halt touring and focus on records. But that's not to minimize the risk to the other guys. If they want to tour like things are normal and just see how many infections they can survive, then they'd have to bring Bach back. They have all this momentum and if they can't risk being out there, then the only way to keep it up is to get Sebastian. Finding another singer who is up there with Erik would be a real challenge. The Skid Row guys seem pretty sensible, I think they're going to opt to play it safe and resume tours with Erik when the time is right.