Cool Knebworth Darkness clip from 2003

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

sirthx2
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Cool Knebworth Darkness clip from 2003

Post by sirthx2 »

You're welcome for the Friday dose of Les Paul, Marshall bad-assery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H90mZp_NrhY
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Cool Knebworth Darkness clip from 2003

Post by pieceofme »

This was the Darkness at their peak of popularity in the UK. Can't believe it was two decades ago!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

They were just what the doctor ordered during their first album cycle. Great footage.

They lost the magic sauce shortly after. I love every album they've done, but they never got close to these heights again.
sirthx2
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by sirthx2 »

FreddyFender wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:48 pm They were just what the doctor ordered during their first album cycle. Great footage.

They lost the magic sauce shortly after. I love every album they've done, but they never got close to these heights again.
Yeah, luckily they don't need to reach those heights. Not that it wouldn't be nice, but they have this pretty devoted fan-base where if they continue to work hard and release records/tour, they can keep the lights on.
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
VinceVanLane
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by VinceVanLane »

They've never put out a bad album. Every album has some classic songs and some great lyrics. They should have a new album out next year.

It would be pretty hard for me to rank their albums. I think #1 is pretty solid, but 2 through 6 would literally depend on the day as any of them could shift around. Even though Hot Cakes is last, it's still like a 7 or 8 out of 10.

1. Permission To Land
2. One Way Ticket To Hell And Back
3. Motorheart
4. Easter Is Cancelled
5. Pinewood Smile
6. The Last Of Our Kind
7. Hot Cakes

Justin's Hot Leg band was pretty cool too and basically sounds like a Darkness record.