KISS Alive III in Detroit (Uncut)

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Re: KISS Alive III in Detroit (Uncut)

Post by BernieTaupson »

Sure, but literally every single Ace solo 74-81 was memorable, that’s the difference. He might be a total fuckup, but he improved all the songs.
Bobby Blotzer wrote: This is the kind of shit the bozo over at metal sludge does
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Here's an example of what Ace sounds like on a song straight out of '87....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilxuVDzcJRY

His solo isn't bad, but Bruce fits the role better. When you need '70s KISS, you get Ace.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

Mister Freeze wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:34 am Here's an example of what Ace sounds like on a song straight out of '87....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilxuVDzcJRY

His solo isn't bad, but Bruce fits the role better. When you need '70s KISS, you get Ace.
When you need '70s KISS, you get Tommy Thayer.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Dude, the blonde guy from Gene/Ace’s band plays Ace’s stuff more accurately than Tom does.
Bobby Blotzer wrote: This is the kind of shit the bozo over at metal sludge does
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

BernieTaupson wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:41 am Dude, the blonde guy from Gene/Ace’s band plays Ace’s stuff more accurately than Tom does.
The blonde guy gets paid shit. Sucks to be him.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Your comebacks and reasoning are straight out of junior high. Tommy gets paid more than the guy in Ace’s band ergo he’s a better guitarist? Makes absolutely no sense at all. Gene/Ace’s band play the old stuff WAY better than Tommy could dream of.

The fact that you’re the only scab KISS bootlicker ever to be banned from KISSFAQ says it all - those guys only ban people for complaining about the current lineup. You’ve got your head up their collective kabuki asses and you still got banned!
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Sleek wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:45 am Man, I fucking hate KIss, but Ace was always better than Bruce.

The only thing that matters about guitar is WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO PLAY, not what you CAN play.

Liiiike, technical ability is meaningless. ACE had the ability to play stuff that I actually know, solos and riffs I remember.

I honestly could not tell you how a single Bruce solo or riff goes. I honestly do not know what is him or any of the other mediocre guitarists Kiss has had..VV, MSJ, Bruce, Frankenhead ~none of them have any distinctive voice on the instrument.

...but it is all moot because as always, Kiss is shite.

Speaking of shiite aren’t you bffs with and a former employee of Poison?

Ace was cool four about four years, seven if I’m being nice.
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

risingfarce wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:15 am
Sleek wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:45 am Man, I fucking hate KIss, but Ace was always better than Bruce.

The only thing that matters about guitar is WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO PLAY, not what you CAN play.

Liiiike, technical ability is meaningless. ACE had the ability to play stuff that I actually know, solos and riffs I remember.

I honestly could not tell you how a single Bruce solo or riff goes. I honestly do not know what is him or any of the other mediocre guitarists Kiss has had..VV, MSJ, Bruce, Frankenhead ~none of them have any distinctive voice on the instrument.

...but it is all moot because as always, Kiss is shite.
Q--Tips. Use them.

Go listen to Adam Lambert. That's more your speed.
ONly if he doesn't want a prissy prancing pansy onstage singing. Otherwise, KISS.
ImageImage
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.