Gene Simmons renames George Lynch to John Lynx!

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

metalmike76
Recording Your Demo

Gene Simmons renames George Lynch to John Lynx!

Post by metalmike76 »

From my interview with George: “I’ve never been a huge KISS fan. I was into their image when I was young, not so much the music. Maybe Destroyer. There are some things I love on there like “Detroit Rock City”. I remember the early days when he would spit blood and do a bass solo. I thought it was the most fucking cool, angriest bass tone I had ever heard. It’s really the only time I’ve seen a cool bass solo. I think bass solos should be against the law. Because it was entertaining. I actually met him few times previous to Dokken. They kinda wanted to discover us. Him and Ace would come to our shows in Hollywood. He told me I had to change my name. Right off the top of his head, he named me John Lynx. He told me I can’t be a rockstar with the name George. Then they discovered Van Halen and forgot about us.”

https://youtu.be/L2FArzlJB0s?si=luqlli4953UponAf
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Re: Gene Simmons renames George Lynch to John Lynx!

Post by BDG135 »

..and spell it Jonn Lynx
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

BDG135 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:50 pm ..and spell it Jonn Lynx
Or Lynxxx
TooOldToCare
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by TooOldToCare »

Bc Gene and Paul are cool, rockstar names.
metalmike76
Recording Your Demo

Post by metalmike76 »

TooOldToCare wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:08 pm Bc Gene and Paul are cool, rockstar names.
😂😂😂Gene just screams coolness
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Hey, don’t give Gene any shit, he is a business genius.

Wanted to rename Van Halen to Daddy Longlegs.

Couldn’t get Van Halen a record contract.

Got fired third episode of Celebrity Apprentice for pissing off the judge and totally alienating Kodak, whose task he was doing. Told the Kodak execs “you’re wrong!” when they didn’t like his tagline. Was brought back briefly at the finale and doubled down on it, saying they were still wrong.

Masterminded the careers of stellar acts like Loz Netto and Bag.

Founder of massive institutions such as Simmons/Abraham Marketing and Gene Simmons Tongue Magazine.

Partnered with I AM INDY for three years to promote the racing. Attendance declined every year for three years.

Partnered with LA KISS football team, total disaster, all the players and season-ticket holders were left in the dark when the whole enterprise ran out of money and got shitcanned.

Hasn’t had a platinum studio compilation since 1988 or a platinum studio album since 1987.

Was the biggest touring act in America 96/97 then highly anticipated studio album barely limped to gold in 1998.

Mastermind of his son and daughter’s careers, which don’t exist. Only thing Nick Simmons is remembered for is getting busted tracing existing artwork for an original comic book.
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:30 pm Hey, don’t give Gene any shit, he is a business genius.

Got fired third episode of Celebrity Apprentice for pissing off the judge and totally alienating Kodak, whose task he was doing. Told the Kodak execs “you’re wrong!” when they didn’t like his tagline. Was brought back briefly at the finale and doubled down on it, saying they were still wrong.

Founder of massive institutions such as Simmons/Abraham Marketing and Gene Simmons Tongue Magazine.

Partnered with I AM INDY for three years to promote the racing. Attendance declined every year for three years.

Partnered with LA KISS football team, total disaster, all the players and season-ticket holders were left in the dark when the whole enterprise ran out of money and got shitcanned.

Hasn’t had a platinum studio compilation since 1988 or a platinum studio album since 1987.

Was the biggest touring act in America 96/97 then highly anticipated studio album barely limped to gold in 1998.

Mastermind of his son and daughter’s careers, which don’t exist. Only thing Nick Simmons is remembered for is getting busted tracing existing artwork for an original comic book.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:30 pm Mastermind of his son and daughter’s careers, which don’t exist. The only thing Nick Simmons is remembered for is getting busted tracing existing artwork for an original comic book.
I subscribed to Tongue for the few months it was published. Garbage, but at that time, I was KISS nerd. His kids, ha. I recall him saying years ago that they would earn their keep finding their paths. Sophie, whatever she does in music, is 100% because of Gene and/or Shannon. Nick is 34 and seems employed as a professional traveler and concert attendee—no help from Geno, of course.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Exactly right, he said that his kids wouldn’t get his money and would have to work.
AJL
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by AJL »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:30 pm Hey, don’t give Gene any shit, he is a business genius.

:D

I like Gene, but yeah, I don't understand why people keep handing him money except to play music. Every single one of his other business ventures flopped. How many years till the sodas and vodka his promoting now turns belly up? Can't be more than a year or two.
And yeah, his kids has turned out to be everything he ever spoke against, except they're not druggies :lol:
How old are they now? And still living of of him, embarassing.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

TooOldToCare wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:02 pm I subscribed to Tongue for the few months it was published. Garbage, but at that time, I was KISS nerd.
Don’t worry dude we ask you to be patient because all subscriptions to GENE SIMMONS TONGUE will be honored as soon as Gene returns from the 2004 KISS tour.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

December 2, 2003
GENE SIMMONS’ Tongue magazine co-founder/publisher Allen Tuller has issued the following message to subscribers of the magazine:

“Dear Gene Simmons’ Tongue Subscriber, As you probably know, Gene and KISS are on tour with Aerosmith and the tour has been extended indefinitely.
With this in mind, we have decided to go on hiatus until Gene is ready and able to devote the attention to GST that he feels is worthy of the quality magazine we are proud to publish.

Gene is involved in the publication of the magazine on a day-to-day basis and the tour schedule simply does not allow sufficient time right now to devote to publishing the next issue of GST. Since we cannot commit to a future issue date, we feel that it would only be fair to give you, the loyal subscriber, a refund on any unused portion of your current subscription. We will be mailing you a check in the next few weeks and we will notify you when we start gearing up on the next issue and start taking subscriptions again.

Of course we hope that you will resubscribe at that time and we will allow ample time for you to do so and still receive the next issue of Gene Simmons’ Tongue Magazine.

We appreciate your understanding and your patience.

Sincerely, Allen Tuller, Co-founder & Publisher - Gene Simmons Tongue Magazine.”
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

AJL wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:23 am

I like Gene, but yeah, I don't understand why people keep handing him money except to play music. Every single one of his other business ventures flopped. How many years till the sodas and vodka his promoting now turns belly up? Can't be more than a year or two.
The fact that a business only lasts for a few years doesn't mean the owners / founders don't make money in the meantime. And that seems to be Gene's focus. To make money in the short term, not to build a global classic vodka brand on the level of Absolut or Smirnoff, or to make Simmons Records a competitor to Universal and Sony.

I would be surprised if LA Kiss or Tongue made money even in the short run though.
AJL
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by AJL »

Also the I AM INDY campaign seemed weirdly to be more about promoting Simmons/Abraham Marketing than Indy Racing, so no wonder is was a flop for everybody involved.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

You can say that about everything he’s ever done.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

BernieTaupson wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:18 am You can say that about everything he’s ever done.
Isn't that mediocre restaurant chain doing okay?
Newsted's FU Money
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by Newsted's FU Money »

What some here are missing is the fact that Gene doesn't front his own cash for these failed business ventures. He finds chumps cashed-up, sad and desperate enough to use his "name recognition". If the venture fails, it's no skin off Gene's nose. He's made his money.

Yes, he's a plastic twat...but he knows what he's doing.

The exception being something like Rock & Brews, where Paul bitched at him like a wife to include him in on the windfall. If Gene had a sack, he'd tell bitch Paul to go fuck himself.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

TooOldToCare wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:42 am
BernieTaupson wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:18 am You can say that about everything he’s ever done.
Isn't that mediocre restaurant chain doing okay?
Was meaning the Simmons/Abraham Marketing stuff was really more about Gene promoting himself than the product he was being paid to promote.
metalmike76
Recording Your Demo

Post by metalmike76 »

Now hold on a sec....those albums he produced for Keel and Ezo were pretty huge!
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Yeah I heard the Keel one has almost gone Double Styrofoam!