Streaming hack for small-fry artists??

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Streaming hack for small-fry artists??

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

After searching Smashing Pumpkins on Apple Music, I noticed a handful of songs titled "Smashing Pumpkins." Smart! I guess? I mean, it's probably catapulting their earnings from $7 to $16 but I thought it was kinda funny and clever.

Is this common knowledge? Have I become Tym?? :shock:

So there you go. I look forward to seeing an Eightball song called "The Beatles."
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Streaming hack for small-fry artists??

Post by HueyRamone »

Yeah, some artists also had some really good success finding artists who werent on the platform and then covering their biggest hits.

So if Kid Rock "All Summer Long" is big, you do a faithful cover of it, and get all the streams/downloads. Prolly works better too, if they listen to the snippet.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
McNasty
Wannabe Rocker

Post by McNasty »

Whoever decided the word "hack" should be used for everything should have the shit beaten out of them and owe the world an apology.
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

McNasty wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:25 am Whoever decided the word "hack" should be used for everything should have the shit beaten out of them and owe the world an apology.
Specifically with a sock full of billiard balls.
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Somebody should cash in on Spotify as Neal Young.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:58 am After searching Smashing Pumpkins on Apple Music, I noticed a handful of songs titled "Smashing Pumpkins." Smart! I guess? I mean, it's probably catapulting their earnings from $7 to $16 but I thought it was kinda funny and clever.

Is this common knowledge? Have I become Tym?? :shock:

So there you go. I look forward to seeing an Eightball song called "The Beatles."
Chip, my dude bro. i had no idea this was a thing. I’m too busy listening to AWHI to care. Please don’t turn into Tym.
Busch1724
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by Busch1724 »

Or go as Garth Brokes.