New MoFi Van Halen Remaster

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

sicktwistedfreak
Opening for Slaughter

New MoFi Van Halen Remaster

Post by sicktwistedfreak »

Mine finally showed up after 1 year + of having it pre-ordered. I like the sound so much that I am ordering VH II and WACF [already paid for Fair Warning and 1984]. The clarity for me is incredible and I find it to be the best of the VH remasters. I was skeptical about buying it, but now I am certain it was worth the wait. Here are some more reviews from Steve Hoffman...

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ ... 61/page-34
Whether it's his outer glaze or cream-filled insides, King Ding Dong gets his subjects filthy!
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Re: New MoFi Van Halen Remaster

Post by BernieTaupson »

What kind of schmuck pays $125 for a Van Halen album and then has the inconvenience of having to get up to change sides three fucking times to even listen to it!!
Bobby Blotzer wrote: This is the kind of shit the bozo over at metal sludge does
skatexedge
Headlining Clubs

Post by skatexedge »

I’d like to hear the Fair Warning remaster. I’ve always said that FW is my fave and was the best sounding, best mixed of the original records.
sicktwistedfreak
Opening for Slaughter

Post by sicktwistedfreak »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:00 pm What kind of schmuck pays $125 for a Van Halen album and then has the inconvenience of having to get up to change sides three fucking times to even listen to it!!
I here ya. I bought the SACD versions and not the vinyl.
Whether it's his outer glaze or cream-filled insides, King Ding Dong gets his subjects filthy!
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

SteveHoffman forums... a place for obsessive compulsives.
sirthx2
Touring With Stryper!!!

Post by sirthx2 »

I have 1984 ordered. I'll forget about it until it shows up.
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
jens
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by jens »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:00 pm What kind of schmuck pays $125 for a Van Halen album and then has the inconvenience of having to get up to change sides three fucking times to even listen to it!!
Agreed, full albums on 45 are a pain in the ass. Same goes for live-shows or compilations on vinyl, just too much hassle.
sirthx2
Touring With Stryper!!!

Post by sirthx2 »

jens wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:08 am
Agreed, full albums on 45 are a pain in the ass. Same goes for live-shows or compilations on vinyl, just too much hassle.
If you know....then you know. My two channel analog system blows away my digital system so vinyl is the demo material of choice. And when I want to remind myself how good it can be, I reach for the 45rpm Rumours and put on Dreams. I don't put on the 45 version to listen to casually all the way through, I just want the best sweet-spot serious listening session possible. Otherwise i'll just put in the CD and let 'er rip.
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021