KARMA IS A B!TCH ... COREY TAYLOR Says He Had 'A Complete And Utter Breakdown': 'I'm Getting The Help I Need'

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

KARMA IS A B!TCH ... COREY TAYLOR Says He Had 'A Complete And Utter Breakdown': 'I'm Getting The Help I Need'

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

I don't even know the full story here... but I can sum it up for you and I think I am right!

In short... Corey Taylor has not only won the Lottery with Slipknot, and had success with his 25 side-projects...

... but... along the way, he has (I'm betting) sh!t on a TON of people to get where he's at!

I know a few people loosely associated with that camp and I have heard more than once, some things that are questionable.

And now... the karma is cashing the checks... what goes up, must come down.

In the end... that whole Joey Jordison firing, the lawsuits from other ex-members detailing being screwed over and F#@ked out of their fair shares, guys dying and more... all adds up and now he's seeing the fruits of those actions the same.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COREY TAYLOR Says He Had 'A Complete And Utter Breakdown': 'I'm Getting The Help I Need'

SLIPKNOT frontman Corey Taylor has shared a new video message addressing fans' concerns over his well-being after he canceled a tour.

Earlier this month, Taylor announced that he was scrapping his solo dates in North America to take a break and focus on his mental and physical health and spend time with his family. Less than three weeks later, he revealed he would go ahead with a short run of four shows in Asia between late March and early April.

Shortly after Corey announced the Asia tour, some fans of the 50-year-old musician expressed their confusion online as to why his North America shows were canceled but he was able to proceed with the Asia gigs.

In a video posted to his Instagram, Taylor responded to the Internet chatter, saying (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "Hey everybody, Corey Taylor here. Where do I even start?

"I decided to make this video in response to a lot of the feedback that came out after I announced that I would be carrying on with my Southeast Asia run. Originally, that was supposed to be mentioned in the statement that I released relating to my mental health lapse.

"The truth of the matter is I understand why so many of you are upset, and I'm just gonna break it down for you," he continued. "I, over the last year, have had a complete and utter breakdown of boundaries, mental health, ego, entitlement, the whole nine yards, culminating in a very, very real, very near relapse that I kind of don't recognize myself.

"So, again, I wanted to address this and just tell people that I needed time to reset, I needed time to start working on my heart and my mind and get straight. The reason I'm keeping the Southeast Asia run, it's literally four shows, it's literally a week. I'm gonna see how I do with that and just take it day by day, basically. I'm working on self-care right now, getting the help that I need and surrounding myself with my family.

"So, to everyone concerned with me, thank you very much. I appreciate it. To everyone who's upset, I hope this answers any of your questions. I'm just doing the best for me right now. And it's a long road and I don't know what's at the end of it, but I look forward to it. I have gratitude for it, and I hope you can show me some patience. Thank you."

Corey recently completed European and North American tours in support of his sophomore solo album, "CMF2", which was released in September. Taylor's first album for BMG and the first on his own label imprint, Decibel Cooper Recordings, was produced by Jay Ruston (ANTHRAX, STEEL PANTHER, AMON AMARTH),who also helmed STONE SOUR's 2017 LP "Hydrograd" as well as 2020's "CMFT".

Taylor began tracking the follow-up to 2020's "CMFT" LP in January 2023 at The Hideout Recording Studio in Las Vegas, Nevada with Ruston. Joining Corey in the studio was the rest of his solo band — bassist Eliot Lorango, drummer Dustin Robert, along with guitarists Christian Martucci and Zach Throne.

"CMFT" featured the No. 1 Billboard mainstream rock single "Black Eyes Blue" and "CMFT Must Be Stopped" (feat. Tech N9ne and Kid Bookie). The LP hit No. 6 on Billboard's U.S. Top Rock Albums chart.

> https://blabbermouth.net/news/corey-tay ... elp-i-need

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think about it... to anyone who has ever been sued, for REAL... not an email, but getting served, going to court, and paying the Attorneys for 12-24 or 30 months... you know.

This band, and more directly Taylor and Clown who are the "Gene & Paul" of the group, must have Legal on speed-dial... and these lawsuits, are no joke.

This stuff will destroy you... and it's no fun.

Slipknot Sued Dec. 2023 (Re: Jordison Estate files) This was just filed, and this will likely be a long legal war like the previous.
> https://pagesix.com/2023/12/30/entertai ... ers-death/

Slipknot Sued by former member Chris Fehn (Settled Sept. 2022) Fehn was fired in 2019, after being in the band for 21 years.
> https://www.loudersound.com/news/the-ch ... en-settled

In a nutshell, that was a 3 year war, that likely cost them (Taylor and Clown) a pretty penny... and this guy didn't settle for Free either... he was likely paid nicely.

In addition to the lawsuits, the bass player died in 2010, and then Jordison passed away in 2021.

The death of members/friends, and related lawsuits all piled on top of the rigors of touring, recording deals, family, divorce, kids and more... like Biggie Smalls once said, "More money, more problems."

Now add on the recent, "Let's fire our drummer (again)", and the reaction from Weinberg was literally like "Huh? WTF!"

You know there was something more to this than any of us truly know... and like a player on an NFL team, who is due a bonus on their next contract, etc... he gets cut the week before... I bet this has some similar dirt attached to it as well.

They also fired their keyboardist (Craig #133) in 2023, after he was in the band for 27 years. Expect a lawsuit down the line from him as well.

This article, while short, seems to point to their on-going and random "firings" of members and how they don't seem to handle it well. > https://audiophix.com/posts/slipknot-ne ... re-members

Now throw in a few ex-wives, 3 marriages and at least 3 kids between them... and this guy is a hot mess!

From the outside, it's easy to think Taylor has a charmed life for sure, and in many ways he does... but make no mistake there is a steep price to pay for those charms.

I can't help but think all of the above, is essentially what has lead to his "mental breakdown"... and then throw in the women, booze and the beefs and you have a recipe for disaster.

$tEvil
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Re: KARMA IS A B!TCH ... COREY TAYLOR Says He Had 'A Complete And Utter Breakdown': 'I'm Getting The Help I Need'

Post by FreddyFender »

Agree with all of the above, also he was talking a while back about how his new album was going to be huge. He did an interview where he went on about how he played all the guitar riffs and wrote all the songs and heavily implied he didn’t need the guys in Stone Sour/Slipknot. The last Stone Sour album hit the top 10.

Corey’s new album didn’t even chart.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: KARMA IS A B!TCH ... COREY TAYLOR Says He Had 'A Complete And Utter Breakdown': 'I'm Getting The Help I Need'

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Just sharing these with the class. Interesting insight into why Jay was fired followed by insight into why Joey was fired.

Corey grates, for sure. His interviews are exhausting to read, everything’s melodramatic, he’s probably difficult to work with. Could say all the same things about Clown as well. Still pretty sure the firings are more complicated than the ‘Corey and Clown run everything (true) and they just woke up one day and decided to start firing people because they’re greedy assholes’ narrative making the rounds lately.

There’s plenty of inside info cited here. I watched them both a couple weeks ago, not typing it all out.

https://youtu.be/UtxdmFpSVbg?si=g21KEfy08CNJYScy

https://youtu.be/lFH0rdy6VT4?si=Ge7L1WQWFghZGGls
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
Playboyliquor59
Recording Debut Album

Post by Playboyliquor59 »

I have no idea about the other stuff, but Jay is a diva and fucked over against me and when he was with madball, complained and snitched to Freddy and Hoyas wives for partying when they were in Europe. They then fired him
Ziggy Sawdust
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Complete breakdown but still able to speak to blabbermouth.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
SW
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by SW »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:31 am Complete breakdown but still able to speak to blabbermouth.
You know Blabbermouth transcripted his Instagram video post?
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

What's amazing is that all his projects are completely forgettable.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

How come Slipknot are shít?