2026 ... Skid Row returns with Sebastian Bach, a full 30 years after their split...? Well...

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

2026 ... Skid Row returns with Sebastian Bach, a full 30 years after their split...? Well...

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

They fired him in 1996... is the year 2026, a magic number... the 30 year mark?

Does the calendar line up for their 30th Anniversary apart, to end... and reunite?

What say you... ?

$ludge
schlonginski
Opening for Slaughter

Re: 2026 ... Skid Row returns with Sebastian Bach, a full 30 years after their split...? Well...

Post by schlonginski »

Get all of the members in a practice room, together, and no talking. Play a few songs together and see where it goes.

Rules:
- no discussing past issues
- no discussing past comments
- Bach calms down and acts like the 60 year old he is and makes an effort to out-perform his heroes in Ki$$
- all of them wear shock collars, someone neutral controls the remotes
- each of them put 100k into a pool, whoever gets negative first loses 100k
- put them on a tour like the stadium tour and let them rock the f out

They don't have to be friends, but can at least perform like Poison did.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Re: 2026 ... Skid Row returns with Sebastian Bach, a full 30 years after their split...? Well...

Post by Mister Freeze »

Just posted this in another thread, but seems to fit better here...

Mister Freeze wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 am
So... Contract was up and "both agreed" not to renew due to question marks about his health? I could see that.

It's weird to hear people on here talking about Skid Row like they're a current band, suggesting they "get settled" and take time off. This is a nostalgia weekend gig with occasional new music. Nothing more. The hunger to stage a big comeback was never there and not worth bringing Bach back into the fold. We're beyond the sweet spot for that anyway.

I just finished the "Nothing But a Good Time" book, and it's funny how everyone (excluding a couple Gn'R guys) hated Bach from the beginning. There's a funny moment with Ozzy telling Bach to "shut the fuck up" on the infamous flight to Moscow.

They put up with Bach as long as he was a major-label ticket, and once that was done, he was gone.

This band cycles in singers on an as-needed basis, regardless of the situation. That's always been the deal.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

They need to get back together.
But I doubt Bach can refrain from making a big deal out of it on stage.
Look how bad he hammed it up bringing Michael Sweet on stage - you’d think Israel & Palestine made up.
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Mister Freeze wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 am
Just posted this in another thread, but seems to fit better here...

Mister Freeze wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 am
So... Contract was up and "both agreed" not to renew due to question marks about his health? I could see that.

It's weird to hear people on here talking about Skid Row like they're a current band, suggesting they "get settled" and take time off. This is a nostalgia weekend gig with occasional new music. Nothing more. The hunger to stage a big comeback was never there and not worth bringing Bach back into the fold. We're beyond the sweet spot for that anyway.

I just finished the "Nothing But a Good Time" book, and it's funny how everyone (excluding a couple Gn'R guys) hated Bach from the beginning. There's a funny moment with Ozzy telling Bach to "shut the fuck up" on the infamous flight to Moscow.

They put up with Bach as long as he was a major-label ticket, and once that was done, he was gone.

This band cycles in singers on an as-needed basis, regardless of the situation. That's always been the deal.
Did the Ozzy deal ever show up on the MTV footage of the Moscow concert special? I ask because I don't remember that at all.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 am Did the Ozzy deal ever show up on the MTV footage of the Moscow concert special? I ask because I don't remember that at all.

This was on the flight heading to Moscow, full of drinking and drug use, for a concert to promote the opposite. So very behind the scenes. Sharon was one of at least two people who brought up the Ozzy moment in the book (currently free as an audiobook on Spotify, which is how I heard it). There's a chapter where everybody is shit-talking Bach, especially his old bandmates from Skid Row and Madam X.

The guy comes off as a child with no filter who never grew up.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Rocker4Real
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Rocker4Real »

It would make sense to hold out until they get a large enough offer. I heard that they didn't even wanna rehearse with Bach when they tried to make a deal in the past.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

I'm sure this is old news, but I didn't realize until yesterday the reason why they broke up in the first place (or at least the cited one).

Bach goes and gets Skid Row booked as the opener for KISS on their big reunion tour in 96, and the rest of the guys give him the "Fuck no, we're Skid Row, we're too big to open for other bands".

Then, four years later, guess who's opening for KISS (and Ted Nugent)? That's right, the same guys.

Shit talk Bach all you want, I'm sure he deserves it, but THAT is fucking Karma.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
Zabooka

Post by Zabooka »

Not likely to happen, but if it does, it will end quick and not well.

It should produce some good sludge for a bit.
PBFSUCKS
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by PBFSUCKS »

Anthrax442 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 am I'm sure this is old news, but I didn't realize until yesterday the reason why they broke up in the first place (or at least the cited one).

Bach goes and gets Skid Row booked as the opener for KISS on their big reunion tour in 96, and the rest of the guys give him the "Fuck no, we're Skid Row, we're too big to open for other bands".

Then, four years later, guess who's opening for KISS (and Ted Nugent)? That's right, the same guys.

Shit talk Bach all you want, I'm sure he deserves it, but THAT is fucking Karma.
Where did you see it was because they were too big to open for reunion Kiss?

The Karma to me is Bach wanted to do it so bad and then they did it without him.

Bach WAS great. He’s not great anymore. At all. On his best day he might be good. His voice is shot and his fat ass is winded 10 seconds in. Even if he lost weight, his voice is beyond repair.

And what are they gonna do, an arena tour? Some half empty sheds?

I don’t see any advantage to Skid Row having to deal with that fucking man/child unless Live Nation dumps a huge payday in their laps.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

PBFSUCKS wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am
Anthrax442 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 am I'm sure this is old news, but I didn't realize until yesterday the reason why they broke up in the first place (or at least the cited one).

The Karma to me is Bach wanted to do it so bad and then they did it without him.

Bach WAS great. He’s not great anymore. At all. On his best day he might be good. His voice is shot and his fat ass is winded 10 seconds in. Even if he lost weight, his voice is beyond repair.

I don’t see any advantage to Skid Row having to deal with that fucking man/child unless Live Nation dumps a huge payday in their laps.
Bach's version of the story, so sure, grain of salt. From wikipedia, summarized from BraveWords

Eventually, Bach was fired from the band in late 1996 after an argument with Bolan who turned down an opening slot on the Kiss reunion tour even though Bach had already booked it. The other band members told Bach that Skid Row was too big to be an opening act and that they were not going to do the show. Bach then left a message on Snake's answering machine telling them the band would never be too big to open for Kiss along with a number of insults; this resulted in Snake telling Bach that he would never work with him again.[31]
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

It’s already 15-20 years past due, but I guess it would be cool and I’d see it and of course wouldn’t be surprised if it happened.

I know you disagree but I’ll never shut up about how great Sebastian sounded when I last saw him in December 2021. It was on a Monday night, there were maybe 250 people there, and he just shredded. I remember you pointed out the imperfections. I was thrilled to hear imperfections. Not a backing track nor an autotune in sight. It was raw and it was awesome. The time prior, in 2018, was very not awesome, so it was cool to see him come back in a sense.

Love his solo albums, couldn’t care less about post-1996 Skid Row, but it’s pretty obvious they need each other if they want a decent draw.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
PBFSUCKS
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by PBFSUCKS »

Anthrax442 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 am

Bach's version of the story, so sure, grain of salt. From wikipedia, summarized from BraveWords

Eventually, Bach was fired from the band in late 1996 after an argument with Bolan who turned down an opening slot on the Kiss reunion tour even though Bach had already booked it. The other band members told Bach that Skid Row was too big to be an opening act and that they were not going to do the show. Bach then left a message on Snake's answering machine telling them the band would never be too big to open for Kiss along with a number of insults; this resulted in Snake telling Bach that he would never work with him again.[31]
Thanks for the follow up!
Rocker4Real

Post by Rocker4Real »

I think Snake said they just weren't ready at that time because they haven't played together in months. Rachel was also busy with his side project Prunella Scales. And...when Bach cussed Snake out on his answering machine, Snake's family was there to hear it.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

Mister Freeze wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 am
Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 am Did the Ozzy deal ever show up on the MTV footage of the Moscow concert special? I ask because I don't remember that at all.

The guy comes off as a child with no filter who never grew up.
yep, already a known
The power of Sludge compels you.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 am
Love his solo albums, couldn’t care less about post-1996 Skid Row...
Same here.

I could give a fuck if they got back together or not... Come to think of it, I'd rather see Bach solo just to get a few of his own songs thrown in the mix.
SexxAtraxxion
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by SexxAtraxxion »

+ When Sebastian left, the band lost their major-label record deal.

Sebastian was the driving force of Skid Row.
My music library at last.fm:
https://www.last.fm/user/JonathanHalen
LitaStrauss
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by LitaStrauss »

If it's gonna happen with Bach, I see it happening next summer. Let Bach finish up with his CD this year while trying to get into better shape and then they do the Live Nation stadium tour with whoever is the headliner. Nobody is getting any younger and the more time they have to sit around and think about it, the more chances Bach says something stupid and fucks it all up. It doesn't matter if it's 29 years or 30 years, the same amount of tickets are gonna be sold.

At this point, Skid Row needs Bach as much as he needs them. I like Erik and his voice but "The Gang's All Here" didn't set the world on fire. They released three videos off it 2 years ago and not a single video has still even come close to a million views. Meanwhile Extreme put out their record last year and have 4 videos that hit over a million views all within a few months, and one that hit 4 million. Extreme ended up getting bumped into bigger venues in some cities. Skid Row didn't get a career bump at all with Erik, even though he's the best vocalist they've had since Bach. At this point they either call it a day or they suck it up and call Bach.

With that being said, I would still laugh if they got a new singer and avoided Bach again. That would be funny. He's showed absolutely zero signs of maturing and everybody knows it.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

If the next singer doesn’t work out, it might happen.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 am
Same here.

I could give a fuck if they got back together or not... Come to think of it, I'd rather see Bach solo just to get a few of his own songs thrown in the mix.

Agreed. This’ll get me banned on a hair metal board but I honestly would prefer more SB solo stuff in the set than deep cuts from the first album.

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 am
Same here.

Agreed. This’ll get me banned on a hair metal board but I honestly would prefer more SB solo stuff in the set than deep cuts from the first album.
Nah. First album is great beginning to end. Slave was still damn good…but the filler began to creep in. They’ve been 100% filler (outside of Ghost and a couple off the new release) ever since.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

A reunion with Bach is not PHYSICALLY possible.

It isn't possible for Bach to walk into a room and be told "Hey, Skid Row is our band and this is how it's gonna be. Here's the dates, here's the setlist" and not have a complete meltdown. It isn't possible for Bach to sit in an interview and not talk shit about Rachael. It isn't possible for Bach to not get fired again immediately. Bach is not capable of being a team player.

The reunion would never make it out of the first time the guys are all in a room together.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

It’s hilarious that Sebastian ultimately got fired for being a triggered KISStard.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

FreddyFender wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm A reunion with Bach is not PHYSICALLY possible.

It isn't possible for Bach to walk into a room and be told "Hey, Skid Row is our band and this is how it's gonna be. Here's the dates, here's the setlist" and not have a complete meltdown. It isn't possible for Bach to sit in an interview and not talk shit about Rachael. It isn't possible for Bach to not get fired again immediately. Bach is not capable of being a team player.

The reunion would never make it out of the first time the guys are all in a room together.
Pretty much my sentiments with my bridge burning comments in the other thread. Bach's ego would thwart any attempt at a reunion.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Wednesday 13 Fan

SexxAtraxxion wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am

+ When Sebastian left, the band lost their major-label record deal.

Sebastian was the driving force of Skid Row.
That was going to happen with or without Bach.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Wasn't the Kiss tour their first tour with Solinger?
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

All parties need to get in a room with a mediator and an absolute no bullshit manager and has everything out from top to bottom. On top of that, Bas’s wine habit will have to be nipped before any out of terms are met officially. If the guy wants his own bus fir he and his wife, cool. The guarantee’s will be elevated significantly. Also, I have Bad work with a vocal coach to bring his best abilities back out. After that, a test run or 3 reunion shows would be scheduled. If things go to shit after the 3 dates, the whole thing is finished for good. No tour then.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:42 pm
SterileEyes1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 am

Same here.

Nah. First album is great beginning to end. Slave was still damn good…but the filler began to creep in. They’ve been 100% filler (outside of Ghost and a couple off the new release) ever since.

Not saying any of it is bad or filler, just that I prefer a lot of SB’s solo stuff over it. Personally I’d take “Angel Down” or “Negative Light” over “Can’t Stand The Heartache”. I’m also biased because I was 23 or so when Angel Down came out and that album just ripped my head off and I think it’s aged really well. I know I’m in the minority here 8)

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

curryboy

Post by curryboy »

Bach will not be back.

The skid row guys hate him with a passion and will never entertain the idea. The pay off isn’t there. No one is asking for a skid row reunion.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

PBFSUCKS wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am And what are they gonna do, an arena tour? Some half empty sheds?

I've argued this a few times before, but a reunited Skid Row could do great business headlining a summer hair metal package tour - the kind Poison used to do.

BUT... the time for that was ripe at least 10 years ago. And every year that goes by is one more year farther away from that sweet spot.

Also... the older Bach gets, the less women will want to see him. He had a huge female fan base back in the day. (My ex named her cat after him.)

In general, Skid Row have lowered their stature over the years, becoming everyone else's opening act with a rotating lineup of singers. These guys are happy being betas. The don't have the hunger to reclaim even a little bit of what they used to have.

They're below Tesla in the pecking order.