The Stones are defintely live!

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

cowpins
Platinum Artist

The Stones are defintely live!

Post by cowpins »

Keith flubs the opening riff of the opening song on the opening show of the tour, and I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdE-sxkX9cs
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Stinky McFister
Recording Debut Album

Re: The Stones are defintely live!

Post by Stinky McFister »

Everything about this is awesome.
Haven't seen them since Bridges to Babylon. This will be good.
This is how the big boys do it!
Last edited by Stinky McFister on Thu May 30, 2024 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiseacre
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Wiseacre »

Not the old completely-fuck-up-the-beginning-of-the-very-first-song-so-we-can-play-the-rest-of-the-show-to-tracks-without-suspicion trick. Works every time. Suckers.

kidding
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Wiseacre wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:42 pm Not the old completely-fuck-up-the-beginning-of-the-very-first-song-so-we-can-play-the-rest-of-the-show-to-tracks-without-suspicion trick. Works every time. Suckers.

kidding
Hook, line, and sinker. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Gwrexx
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Gwrexx »

If he's going to royally fuck up, it's gonna always be that song....Hyde Park like 10 years ago, same thing, came out, hit the wrong chord, they fixed it for the Bluray/CD release lol..

Still, saw some clips of the entire show, apparently Keith JUST got over Covid like a day before the show, 80 years old fresh off covid and he did an 18 song show...the younger bands should take note...
Ain't flinging tears out on the dusty ground for all my friends out on the burial ground. Can't stand the feeling getting so brought down. It's just that demon life has got me in its sway
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

I was there! Good, not great but they played Rocks Off, my all time favorite and new backup singer Chanel Haynes totally crushed Gimme Shelter. They gotta move that back to the encore as the rest of the show was anti-climatic.

https://youtu.be/jt9GG0wDBKs?si=LJP6n_Jc_DSDJhF_
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
Ziggy Sawdust
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Brian Jones is laughing somewhere
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:45 am Brian Jones is laughing somewhere
That's like saying Mustaine laughs each time Hammett fucks up an intro or solo... BJ is crying in jealousy that his former bandmates are up there enjoying their careers.

BJ could have had an extra 50 years of banging bitches and taking drugs (in moderate quantities of course) and what does he do? He goes and falls asleep at the bottom of a pool!
DangerZone
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DangerZone »

y’all dudes ain’t right.
I’m sure it’s better in person, but that gimme shelter sounds like dogshit
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Lots of copium involved when you're paying $500 to watch a bunch of 80-yos struggle thru their set on a stadium video screen.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

I don't care if this thread is a month old... I finally got to see them live at MetLife last week and God damn, did they bring it! Mick is a God. The songs all hold up. The only bad thing I can say is that there were at least 20 or 30 other great songs they could've played.

For all the guitar players out there... Now that I've seen Keith live, I can tell you...we are all playing the songs wrong! I don't know what the hell he's doing. I know he plays around with open tunings but it was impossible to figure it out.

Long live the Stones.. Oh and yes.. I'm pretty sure he fucked up the opening of Start Me Up that night too! Seems like he's doing it on purpose now! :)
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:31 am For all the guitar players out there... Now that I've seen Keith live, I can tell you...we are all playing the songs wrong! I don't know what the hell he's doing. I know he plays around with open tunings but it was impossible to figure it out.
Keith's explanation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWwsGUzT1yU

"I'm just here for the irony and the dancing."
Stinky McFister
Recording Debut Album

Post by Stinky McFister »

Wiseacre wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:42 pm Not the old completely-fuck-up-the-beginning-of-the-very-first-song-so-we-can-play-the-rest-of-the-show-to-tracks-without-suspicion trick. Works every time. Suckers.

SLUDGE Post of The Year contender :lol:

kidding
VicStelly
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by VicStelly »

ijwthstd wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:04 am I was there! Good, not great but they played Rocks Off, my all time favorite and new backup singer Chanel Haynes totally crushed Gimme Shelter. They gotta move that back to the encore as the rest of the show was anti-climatic.

https://youtu.be/jt9GG0wDBKs?si=LJP6n_Jc_DSDJhF_
The band was awful. Maybe its my ears.
tooth

Post by tooth »

I saw "Stones" last night, at least that's how it is on the tour merch. Not "The Stones, not "The Rolling Stones" but "Stones", not a fan.
I'll do a review, here goes.
We arrived at Boston's South Station & board the $20, sold out, 5:25 concert train out to Gillette Stadium. Fast forward to 6:25, we're still on the train, waiting for them to "fix the rear engine". At least they turned on the air conditioning. After an hour of waiting we hear "everybody off & go to track 12"! Ok, at least we are on a train, that's moving & we can get cell service, the mood is high. Stones fans young and old, telling concert stories, touching up their bedazzled stones gear etc. One senior citizen even had their walker tricked out in homage to The Glimmer Twins & Co.
We get to the venue, make the walk down the path to the stadium, now what to do? It's 7:50 & we hear the Stones are going on at 9:00. Do we try to get into Red Robin for a burger & beer prior. We see it's a zoo the RR, so we decide to go into the venue. It's there I buy a round for the crew. Two 12 oz. cans of sparking wine, a 12 oz water & a 16 oz. ipa, $56 seems fair. We make our way to our far back, but lower bowl stadium seats for the openers, The Red Clay Strays. If you like the slow, country twang of say, Chris Stapleton, you would like these guys & yea, they were fine. Now a trip to find food, we settle on the pizza/hot dog place. I had eaten prior so I just went with pnut m&m's.
Back to the seats, lights go down, "Ladies & Gentleman, The Rolling Stones!" Start Me Up -> Get Off MyCloud -> Bitch, BITCH! One of my faves, so excited!! -> fan vote song is.......Emotional Rescue, first time since 2014, this is great.
After 10 or so songs, it was time for Mick to take a much needed, & well deserved, break. So now it's Keith's turn. He played a slow, bluesy one & Tattoo You's "Little TnA". If there was still any doubt that the Stones were "live", it was here that all doubts were squashed. Poor Keith, with those eyes glued to the teleprompter and that sloppy guitar on full display. For a second, I got Jack Russell vibes, thinking "He does not look comfortable up there, almost panicked, why are they making him do this!" Then I remember, this is the Stones & he's Keith, that's why.
Closing the set out was Gimme Shelter, featuring a "meh" vocal from the female background singer, but a strong one from Mick, Paint it Black & Jumping Jack Flash. For the encore of the bluesy new one, Sweet Sounds of Heaven & Satisfaction, we headed down to the common area to listen, as to get a head start for the walk to the train back to South Station. Great show, glad I went as I had never seen them before.
So we get to the train, remember how I told you they kicked everyone off the original train? Well, the concert trains are 10 cars, the train they moved us to was 5 cars & that train waits at the station till the end of the concert. Fearing there wouldn't be enough space, they held the standard commuter train at the Stadium to help take some of the concert goers back to South Station. Fine, but the standard commuter train makes al the stops was opposed to the concert train which is express. Let's just say, there were some unhappy folks on the way back. No biggee for me though, cuz if we drove we would have been in traffic for hours, to & from. In bed by 1:00 & up at 5:30 to feed kitty & give him his medicine. I win!
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Should have skipped the opening band. Red Robin now serves Donato’s Pizza! Worth the wait and 100x better than the opener you described.

Only get Donato’s pepperoni pizza. They are famous for it. Same if you get Marcos Pizza. They both use the pepperoni that gets slightly crispy and forms little cups of pepperoni grease. Better than it even sounds!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

That read more like a train review than a concert review.

Red Robin > dropping $500 to see the stones live these days
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Spongie

Post by Spongie »

Mick has to have made a deal with the devil. 😈
bigmakoshark
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by bigmakoshark »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:54 am
Ziggy Sawdust wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:45 am Brian Jones is laughing somewhere
That's like saying Mustaine laughs each time Hammett fucks up an intro or solo... BJ is crying in jealousy that his former bandmates are up there enjoying their careers.

BJ could have had an extra 50 years of banging bitches and taking drugs (in moderate quantities of course) and what does he do? He goes and falls asleep at the bottom of a pool!
If there was never a Brian Jones, there never would have been a Rolling Stones. So, you can STFU.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

bigmakoshark wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:11 pm

If there was never a Brian Jones, there never would have been a Rolling Stones. So, you can STFU.
BJ created a cover band, big deal. If Jagger/Richards hadn't entered the picture no one would be talking about BJ today, BJ couldn't write a song, much less a bridge or chorus. Add to that, he was a deadbeat dad and a woman-beater, fuck Brian Jones!
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

bigmakoshark wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:11 pm

If there was never a Ian Stewart, there never would have been a Rolling Stones. So, you can STFU.

Fixed it for you
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

pieceofme wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:26 am That read more like a train review than a concert review.
There were a few drops of Jupiter in that post.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.