All the lies in Super Size Me

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: All the lies in Super Size Me

Post by LAglamrocker »

Carl Lewis ate McDonalds every day while training for the Olympics - worked out for him
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

WCiezak wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:39 pm A lot of so-called "fine-dining" is much worse for you than McDonald's. Regular chains like Red Lobster have absolutely horrendous nutrition if you look at their info. Just massive amounts of sodium, saturated fat, added sugar, etc. McDonald's at least has stuff prepared right in front of you and you can customize a lot to get the excessive stuff down some. Get rid of the cheese and salt for starters. Someone should make a movie on the restaurant industry and how the whole goal is to addict you and all. There's no government warning labels on anything and no one in the media talks about how bad that stuff is. We don't get basic nutritional education like a dietitian would give in the US. What we do get is massive propaganda about how it's this big privilege to scarf down loads of expensive restaurant junk. It's become almost as sacred as those blood diamond engagement rings in the world of dating. You go look at women's profiles and maybe 90% of them are obsessed with restaurants. That and travel. The people who run the government and big media and entertainment industries do not have our best interests at heart. We're supposed to be mindless zombies.
ImageImage
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:13 pm McDonald's changed their ingredients for fries in the early 1990s. Specifically, they changed the oil they used to cook the fries from a mixture of vegetable oil and beef tallow to 100% vegetable oil. The change was made in response to health concerns about the use of saturated fats, such as beef tallow, in fast food...

Beef tallow turned out to be MUCH healthier than bullshit vegetable oil, which is awful for you. There was a certain lobby that pushed for the change back in the '80s. They vilified coconut oil too, which is ridiculous.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Beef tallow is not healthier than non- hydrogenated, trans-fat free vegetable oil which they've been using since 2007...

https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/her ... able%20oil.
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

Mister Freeze wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:06 am
GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:13 pm McDonald's changed their ingredients for fries in the early 1990s. Specifically, they changed the oil they used to cook the fries from a mixture of vegetable oil and beef tallow to 100% vegetable oil. The change was made in response to health concerns about the use of saturated fats, such as beef tallow, in fast food...

Beef tallow turned out to be MUCH healthier than bullshit vegetable oil, which is awful for you. There was a certain lobby that pushed for the change back in the '80s. They vilified coconut oil too, which is ridiculous.
He’s too far gone.
Let him enjoy his Brawndo
GreatWhiteSnake

And Don Gorske DOESN'T eat the fries as stated previously...

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/ne ... mac-766308
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
LovePowerFromTheMamaHead
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by LovePowerFromTheMamaHead »

LAglamrocker wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:27 pm Carl Lewis ate McDonalds every day while training for the Olympics - worked out for him
He should have ate what Ben Johnson did. He was faster. Plus, the McDonalds ruined his singing voice.
ROADHEAD wrote:No, the book is live. I can see guys holding guitars in it. It's a live book.
DeathCurse wrote:A guy like Mamahead couldn't inspire anyone to hand over 5 bucks. He's not a douche, he's not awesome. He's just here.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

LovePowerFromTheMamaHead wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:42 am
LAglamrocker wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:27 pm Carl Lewis ate McDonalds every day while training for the Olympics - worked out for him
He should have ate what Ben Johnson did. He was faster. Plus, the McDonalds ruined his singing voice.
I had a Big Mac meal on Thursday for dinner. Coke Zero for a drink (healthy). Had Culver’s for lunch yesterday. Coke Zero for a drink (healthy).

Either going to Cheesecake Factory or Red Lobster tonight for dinner. Leaning towards seafood (healthy).
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Rocker4Real
Opening for Slaughter

Post by Rocker4Real »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:38 am
I had a Big Mac meal on Thursday for dinner. Coke Zero for a drink (healthy). Had Culver’s for lunch yesterday. Coke Zero for a drink (healthy).

Either going to Cheesecake Factory or Red Lobster tonight for dinner. Leaning towards seafood (healthy).

What kind of seafood? Grilled salmon?
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Rocker4Real wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:48 pm

We ended up going to Chili’s. I got the Cajun chicken Alfredo pasta. And cheesecake.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Rocker4Real
Opening for Slaughter

Post by Rocker4Real »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:18 pm

We ended up going to Chili’s. I got the Cajun chicken Alfredo pasta. And cheesecake.
Doesn't sound healthy.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:18 pm

You're supposed to get cheesecake at the cheesecake factory, dumbass.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

real athlete eats Chili’s everyday not McDonalds
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
WCiezak
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by WCiezak »

There's like two things on Red Lobster's menu that aren't sodium bombs. I forget how much sat fat is considered bad. In my experience, if you limit the sodium to 2500mg a day, you'll automatically avoid most all the worst stuff. Henry Madison was just talking on X about how powerful social conformity is. How most everyone will not go against the crowd. Anyone who listened to the music this site celebrates after say 1993 knows that all too well. Millions wouldn't touch this kinda music because the prevailing narrative was that it wasn't cool due to MTV and radio removing it. Same with stuff like Vanilla Ice and New Kids. You get into the 00s and without the social pressure, all these acts got their fans back and made many new ones.
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

I just hate knowing that fast food is processed crap often not even the actual meat that it is advertised to be, and yet when you eat it, it's like, "damn, this is good!", almost making you want to get more.
That should be illegal, whatever chemical they put in there to make you THINK it's delicious.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Don't Damn Me wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:05 am I just hate knowing that fast food is processed crap often not even the actual meat that it is advertised to be, and yet when you eat it, it's like, "damn, this is good!", almost making you want to get more.
That should be illegal, whatever chemical they put in there to make you THINK it's delicious.

Have you considered the chemical itself is delicious?
ImageImage
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:28 am
Don't Damn Me wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:05 am I just hate knowing that fast food is processed crap often not even the actual meat that it is advertised to be, and yet when you eat it, it's like, "damn, this is good!", almost making you want to get more.

Have you considered the chemical itself is delicious?
I don't eat Soylent green. But I don't judge. A cannibal recently invited me over for dinner, so that was nice
LitaStrauss
Taking Music Lessons

Post by LitaStrauss »

WCiezak wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:39 pm A lot of so-called "fine-dining" is much worse for you than McDonald's. Regular chains like Red Lobster have absolutely horrendous nutrition if you look at their info. Just massive amounts of sodium, saturated fat, added sugar, etc. McDonald's at least has stuff prepared right in front of you and you can customize a lot to get the excessive stuff down some. Get rid of the cheese and salt for starters. Someone should make a movie on the restaurant industry and how the whole goal is to addict you and all. There's no government warning labels on anything and no one in the media talks about how bad that stuff is. We don't get basic nutritional education like a dietitian would give in the US. What we do get is massive propaganda about how it's this big privilege to scarf down loads of expensive restaurant junk. It's become almost as sacred as those blood diamond engagement rings in the world of dating. You go look at women's profiles and maybe 90% of them are obsessed with restaurants. That and travel. The people who run the government and big media and entertainment industries do not have our best interests at heart. We're supposed to be mindless zombies.
This! Go look at the nutrition menu from PF Chang's, Cheesecake Factor, or even Texas Roadhouse. Some of the stuff you think is on the healthy side still isn't. Just yesterday I went to Texas Roadhouse and they have a cactus blossom that has 5000 mg of sodium, which is 208% the daily value. It's has 2,250 calories. There's zero reason for anybody to ever eat that. Humans don't need to consume that much. But people will have that, and then a large Coke, and then the bread covered with butter, etc. It's pretty gross actually.
GreatWhiteSnake

Those are MLCRs. NOT fine dining...
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

LitaStrauss wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:13 pm
This! Go look at the nutrition menu from PF Chang's, Cheesecake Factor, or even Texas Roadhouse. Some of the stuff you think is on the healthy side still isn't. Just yesterday I went to Texas Roadhouse and they have a cactus blossom that has 5000 mg of sodium, which is 208% the daily value. It's has 2,250 calories. There's zero reason for anybody to ever eat that. Humans don't need to consume that much. But people will have that, and then a large Coke, and then the bread covered with butter, etc. It's pretty gross actually.
What is you people's definition of fine dining? 🤣🤣🤣
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:00 am
LitaStrauss wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:13 pm
What is you people's definition of fine dining? 🤣🤣🤣
Chili’s
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:00 am What is you people's definition of fine dining? 🤣🤣🤣
For many Yanks, fine dining = eating your Taco Bell at a table rather than in a car or on the couch.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

GoodJudge wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:33 am
Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:00 am What is you people's definition of fine dining? 🤣🤣🤣
For many Yanks, fine dining = eating your Taco Bell at a table rather than in a car or on the couch.
:lol:
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
HoldenSSV
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by HoldenSSV »

GoodJudge wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:33 am
That would be funny if "British Cuisine" wasn't an oxymoron.
"Copying off of one person is called plagiarism.
Copying off of ten people is called research."
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

WCiezak wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:26 pm There's like two things on Red Lobster's menu that aren't sodium bombs. I forget how much sat fat is considered bad. In my experience, if you limit the sodium to 2500mg a day, you'll automatically avoid most all the worst stuff. Henry Madison was just talking on X about how powerful social conformity is. How most everyone will not go against the crowd. Anyone who listened to the music this site celebrates after say 1993 knows that all too well. Millions wouldn't touch this kinda music because the prevailing narrative was that it wasn't cool due to MTV and radio removing it. Same with stuff like Vanilla Ice and New Kids. You get into the 00s and without the social pressure, all these acts got their fans back and made many new ones.
lol, the millions wouldn't touch this kinda music in 1993 because for the most part it sucked. It doesn't have anything to do with conformity.