Three years is STUPID - why the wait for the KISS avatar show is the death knell for KISS

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Roland Rockover
Saving Up For a Guitar

Three years is STUPID - why the wait for the KISS avatar show is the death knell for KISS

Post by Roland Rockover »

As an Italian KISS fan, let me tell you, the anticipation for the KISS avatar digital concerts is nothing short of agonizing. But three years? It's beyond absurd, it's downright insulting! I mean, come on, do they expect us to just sit here twiddling our thumbs while they dangle this digital carrot in front of us? We're not some patient saints, we're KISS fans! We want our fix, and we want it now!

I've been a die-hard Italian KISS fan for as long as I can remember. From blasting "Radar For Love" at full volume to proudly wearing my KISS Army t-shirt, my devotion to the band knows no bounds. I told the story of my part time job in the music store in a previous instalment. And when I heard about these avatar concerts, I was over the moon. Finally, a chance to experience the magic of KISS in a whole new way. But three goddamn years? It's like they're testing our loyalty, pushing us to the brink of insanity!!!

I remember when I was a kid, waiting for the latest KISS album to drop was torture. The anticipation would build and build until I thought I would explode. But oh, the payoff when I finally got my hands on that shiny new vinyl! The crackle of the needle as it hit the groove, the rush of adrenaline as the first chords blasted through the speakers... it was pure magic. And that's what I expected from this announcement of the avatar concerts – that same sense of excitement and exhilaration. But instead, as each day passes all I've gotten is disappointment after disappointment.

Just imagine the possibilities of a digital KISS concert! The fantasy elements could be off the charts. Picture this: Gene Simmons breathing fire in stunning high-definition, Paul Stanley flying through the air like some sort of rock 'n' roll superhero, Tommy Thayer shredding his guitar in a shower of sparks, and Eric Singer pounding away on the drums with the force of a thousand thunderstorms. And let's not forget the special effects – explosions, laser lights, pyrotechnics galore! It would be a feast for the senses, a spectacle unlike anything the world has ever seen. An Elder tour! An Asylum tour! Bring back the fox and Mark St John, there is no sickness in the digital realm.

But instead of delivering on this promise, the band and their management have left us hanging, dangling on the edge of our seats, waiting for a concert that may never come. It's as if they think they can just toy with our emotions, stringing us along with empty promises and vague updates. Well, I've had enough! I refuse to be treated like some second-class fan, unworthy of their time and attention.

And to add insult to injury, let's not forget about the KISS Dubai merchandise debacle. Fans, myself included, shelled out thousands for exclusive merchandise promised at the Dubai concert, only to have it never arrive. Where's our compensation? Where's our apology? It's like they think they can just take our hard-earned money and run without facing any consequences. Well, I've got news for them – we won't be ignored or forgotten.

I've reached the point where I'm starting to lose hope. Maybe these avatar concerts will never see the light of day. Maybe they're just a pipe dream, a cruel joke played on us by the powers that be. My love for KISS will never die. But that doesn't mean I have to like being jerked around like a puppet on a string. And if Doc McGhee is reading this - here’s a digital FUCK YOU all the way from Italy, motherfucker!

My KISS Odyssey : A Tale of Italian Fandom
Coming 2024
https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vi ... 1&t=384192

Why you are 100% wrong about the KISS DIGITAL ERA
https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vi ... 1&t=384235

Unveiling the Concept: KISS's "Animalize" and "Asylum" as Parts One and Two of a Rock Odyssey
https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vi ... ?p=7756407

Memories of the late 80s as an Italian KISS fanatic
https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vi ... 1&t=384738

Massive missed opportunity: KISS Elder crossover with WWF
https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vi ... 1&t=384915

10,000 Dolts! An essay about recent activities in the online KISS world from an Italian KISS Fan
https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vi ... 1&t=385093

Memories of REVENGE from an Italian KISS fanatic
https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vi ... 1&t=385183

The Interstellar Symphony: KISS Concerts and Extraterrestrial Encounters
https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vi ... 4#p7771214

The Battle Royale : KISS vs Bon Jovi
https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vi ... 7#p7775197

Three years is STUPID - why the wait for the KISS Avatars is the death knell for KISS
https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vi ... 2#p7777062
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: Three years is STUPID - why the wait for the KISS avatar show is the death knell for KISS

Post by Spongie »

Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Three years is STUPID - why the wait for the KISS avatar show is the death knell for KISS

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

It would take 3 years to read that crap.
ImageImage
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

Is this what they call fan fiction?

I hope you get your money.

I like spaghetti and Maneskin.

Arrivederci
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Roland Rockover wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:05 am there is no sickness in the digital realm.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Italian KISS fans.

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Such a blatant troll account. Not even KISS fans go around blasting out radar for love.

But keep posting!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

pieceofme wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:53 pm Such a blatant troll account. Not even KISS fans go around blasting out radar for love.

But keep posting!
Ha, I'll admit to really liking Radar for Love...But blasting it driving around....probably not. :D
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

"Radar For Love ... Radar For Love" ...

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

In 3 years all Kiss fans will officially be 65
They all can use the discount then
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

A digital fuck you to Doc McGhee all the way from Italy?? No way!! CRSHD and PWND!!
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Zabooka
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Zabooka »

What's the over/under that Paul and/or Gene will be dead by then?
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

daveg wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:14 pm
pieceofme wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:53 pm Such a blatant troll account. Not even KISS fans go around blasting out radar for love.

But keep posting!
Ha, I'll admit to really liking Radar for Love...But blasting it driving around....probably not. :D
Yeah its a decent album track but not one I've thought about blasting around whilst driving lol

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Zabooka wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:55 pm What's the over/under that Paul and/or Gene will be dead by then?
Paul is not going to die until he's at least a 100

killdrum
Opening for Slaughter

Post by killdrum »

Are there people REALLY interested in the KISS avatar thing? I assumed the band were just looking to stay current with tech and make some residual scratch(which isn't surprising). However... didn't think there were actual tards that were excited at the prospect? I mean I was excited as a kid for "Kiss meets the phantom". Then I saw it.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

LAglamrocker wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:51 pm In 3 years all Kiss fans will officially be 65
In 3 years half of all KISS fans will be dead.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

right. nothing draws fans like never going away.

vaffanculo
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Zabooka wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:55 pm What's the over/under that Paul and/or Gene will be dead by then?

Paul Stanley will die before Peter Criss, and it will drive the Starchild's ghost absolutely batshit in the afterworld.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

At this point, it wouldn't matter if a new KISS or digital KISS ever sees the light of day. With attention spans as they are, people (aside from the OP) have already stopped caring. If Bruce's band or Gene's band passed through town, I'd check it out if the price was right, at maybe a 50/50 chance. Probably everyone will be on the Amber Wild bandwagon in three years if they aren't already. :D
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:45 pm Image
Somehow his IGs that I do not follow occasionally scroll by. He seems as needy as daddy with his shirtless pentatonic wanking. Whatever...I guess he's doing more in life than Nick Simmons.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Nick made his millions on that reality show then tried to be an artist and got busted tracing and then gave up, he probably doesn’t have to do anything.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:02 pm Nick made his millions on that reality show then tried to be an artist and got busted tracing and then gave up, he probably doesn’t have to do anything.
I remember that. He probably considers himself a philanthropist. He seems to pop up at charity events and other random non-jobs.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:02 pm Nick made his millions on that reality show then tried to be an artist and got busted tracing and then gave up, he probably doesn’t have to do anything.
Millions from that shit show... :lol:
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

That shit show was an unexpected hit and ran for seven seasons.

It was big in Europe and Australia too. And arguably resurrected KISS’ career.

The 2004 tour with the two scabs was half empty internationally, it was so bad Paul went and did a solo album and tour thinking he would switch to that instead of doing KISS shows. Gene did his reality show and it was a hit, then the Alive35 tour was massive, their biggest ever tour to date in Europe. Take Gene’s show out of the picture and I don’t think they would have had a resurgence with a new audience.

The kids were 100% getting millions to resign for more seasons after the show became a hit.
kanister
Headlining Clubs

Post by kanister »

BernieTaupson wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:59 pm That shit show was an unexpected hit and ran for seven seasons.

It was big in Europe and Australia too. And arguably resurrected KISS’ career.

The 2004 tour with the two scabs was half empty internationally, it was so bad Paul went and did a solo album and tour thinking he would switch to that instead of doing KISS shows. Gene did his reality show and it was a hit, then the Alive35 tour was massive, their biggest ever tour to date in Europe. Take Gene’s show out of the picture and I don’t think they would have had a resurgence with a new audience.

The kids were 100% getting millions to resign for more seasons after the show became a hit.
Good points. Alive35 was the first time I saw them at a stadium.

I'd like to know what The Stanley`s reality show would be like. Or then again, maybe not :)
jens
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by jens »

BernieTaupson wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:59 pm It was big in Europe and Australia too. And arguably resurrected KISS’ career.
Only speaking for Europe here, it sure as hell wasn't.
I know it exists without ever having seen a minute, and I was the target audience for that shit. The Alive 35 was a hit because they hadn't played over here in nearly a decade.