Enuff z Nuff…or however they write it

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Enuff z Nuff…or however they write it

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Have they ever admitted that their band name was awful? It wasn’t just their ridiculous image they couldn’t overcome. No. That name was absolutely terrible.

Has Chip or Donnie ever acknowledged this?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
HoldenSSV
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Re: Enuff z Nuff…or however they write it

Post by HoldenSSV »

The guy named himself Chip Znuff fer Chrissakes.
"Copying off of one person is called plagiarism.
Copying off of ten people is called research."
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

The name got my attention I thought it was cool
Had wait few years later for the worst? Candlebox? ..really

Naming band Candlebox and not Enuff z Nuff. They wouldn’t have become the legends they are today
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

By far the most stupid bandname in music history. I never could get past the name. Songs are meh, although they are considered to be the second coming of the Beatles by some on here.
Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!:
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

Songs are absolutely amazing.

Listen to all the albums besides the Chip only garbage.

Donnie is a genius and legend.
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Playboyliquor59
Recording Debut Album

Post by Playboyliquor59 »

Why does chip still show up to lucky strike and wherever else with his wig and Halloween store glasses….who things this is cool? I figure this is the audience to ask. I did see Donnie acoustic and he was great, Vegas.
TheDeadBastard
Headlining Clubs

Post by TheDeadBastard »

Playboyliquor59 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:34 pm Why does chip still show up to lucky strike and wherever else with his wig and Halloween store glasses….who things this is cool? I figure this is the audience to ask
Because the fucker literally can't do anything else, and is perpetually broke. Always a hoot revisiting these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTzo6HUwQ_4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By5R9AsxUlI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoFfY0THjjI
ImageImage
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

They over paid for Monaco ..90$-150$ week :lol:
Someone at Whisky show said he looked like a short Bob Saget-always thought that was funny
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Spongie »

I’ll step forward to defend the Enuff Z'Nuff band name. It’s a delicious slice of 80s cheez. I’ve always liked it… still think it’s kinda cool. I never understood the hate.

Want to hate a band name? Start here… Goo Goo Dolls.
Rocker4Real
Opening for Slaughter

Post by Rocker4Real »

They never seemed very Rockin' to me. Why didn't they just go further into an alternative direction?
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Rocker4Real wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:20 am They never seemed very Rockin' to me. Why didn't they just go further into an alternative direction?
The first 3 records are their definitive rock albums. The ones with Vik Fox on drums and Derek Frigo on guitar. S/T, Strength and Animals.

1985 is pop/rock. That's actually a retro demo album from 1985. It's real fun, catchy simple stuff that shows how they sound without the hard rock guys Vik and Frigo.

Tweaked and Paraphernalia show a more alternative side of the band. They are not 80's hard rock sounding at all. Paraphernalia is the better album if you ask me so I recommend checking that one out first.

Seven (aka Chip & Donnie Brothers) is the pop side of the band.

After that...they have like 20 more albums/compilations but the ones mentioned (plus Peach Fuzz) are their first albums that all have some great songs on them.

As for the name...I think it describes them well. They are very Cheap Trick influenced. There is a little humor to it.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Their emergence could be the mile marker where the system broke down. Whatever exec signed those day-glo fairies should've been shot.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
steviedoes
Recording Debut Album

Post by steviedoes »

Spongie wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:22 am I’ll step forward to defend the Enuff Z'Nuff band name. It’s a delicious slice of 80s cheez. I’ve always liked it… still think it’s kinda cool. I never understood the hate.

Want to hate a band name? Start here… Goo Goo Dolls.
I don't mind the name Enuff Z'nuff at all. Or Goo Goo Dolls. Bad band name, but good music = Toad The Wet Sprocket.
New Fuzzruckus single "I Never Liked You The Way You Thought I Did" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkS904a ... t1cw%3D%3D
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

MattleyCrue wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:17 pm Songs are absolutely amazing.

MattleyCrue happy to set facts strait!!!!!!!!!!!!!
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Originally they were called... Enough's Enough.... if I am not mistaken.

$tEvil
AlexVonHaig

Post by AlexVonHaig »

MattleyCrue wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:17 pm Songs are absolutely amazing.

Few fans of the band bigger than I but Donnie is a mess and a junkie.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Never gave them a chance based on their name and look. Same with Tuff, Wild Boyz, Tigertailz, Sleeze Beez etc.
Seemed really uncool at the time...which is odd considering I loved poison just a few years earlier.

Missed out on some good stuff .. Sleeze Beez Stranger than paradise is one of the best songs of the entire genre, and I really like the Tuff album .
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

daveg wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:45 am Never gave them a chance based on their name and look. Same with Tuff, Wild Boyz, Tigertailz, Sleeze Beez etc.
Seemed really uncool at the time...which is odd considering I loved poison just a few years earlier.

Missed out on some good stuff .. Sleeze Beez Stranger than paradise is one of the best songs of the entire genre, and I really like the Tuff album .
People give TUFF shit because this is Stevie’s board. But it’s pretty strong beginning to end.

I’ve never given Sleeze Beeze a chance. Guess I should.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
TeslaFan
Recording Debut Album

Post by TeslaFan »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:21 am Originally they were called... Enough's Enough.... if I am not mistaken.

$tEvil
According to Wikipedia it was Enough Z'Nuff. That site is only correct about 70 percent of the time though.
Just a regular guy who likes Metal
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:37 pm
daveg wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:45 am Never gave them a chance based on their name and look. Same with Tuff, Wild Boyz, Tigertailz, Sleeze Beez etc.

People give TUFF shit because this is Stevie’s board. But it’s pretty strong beginning to end.

I’ve never given Sleeze Beeze a chance. Guess I should.
I've never had anything against CEO. Never gave Tuff a chance mainly because of the look and the ballad. Made my mind up when I was about 19 and didn't change it until I actually listened a while back.

Sleeze Beeze in general are not very good, but if you don't like Stranger than paradise, then you never liked hair metal. Don't know how that song never became huge.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

"""""""""""""Never gave them a chance based on their name and look. Same with Tuff,"""""""""""""

You are not alone...

I have had countless people, fans, other musicians, industry types, etc... ALL say the same for decades.

"""""""""""""""and I really like the Tuff album ."""""""""""""""

Then after listening to us, or seeing us Live... this is also the result.

Oh well... can't please everyone.

$tEvil
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Why wouldn’t you just listen to every band listed on cover of Metal Edge. They were telling you what you should check out. Then Rachtman would show those bands on his show.
See Roxy Blue on cover. See Mr Cathouse play it..take car to nearest cd store buy it. If it rocks..you are a fan today still
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

I just saw Donnie Vie tonight and it was an AMAZING show!
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

TeslaFan wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:51 pm
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:21 am Originally they were called... Enough's Enough.... if I am not mistaken.

$tEvil
According to Wikipedia it was Enough Z'Nuff. That site is only correct about 70 percent of the time though.

70 percent, lol.
TheDeadBastard
Headlining Clubs

Post by TheDeadBastard »

$tEvil
There’s a handbill in one of the videos I linked above with the Vie / Chip / Gino / Boeski lineup (which is the first I think) where they’re called “Enough Z’Nuff”, so I think you’ve got it.
ImageImage
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Tommy wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:50 am

$tEvil

70 percent, lol.
70 percent of the time it's right every time.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

It was their awful songs that they couldn’t overcome. “New Thing” is great, stuff like “Fly High Michelle” was embarrassing even in the 80s. “Mothers Eyes” could be an SNL skit of shitty self congratulatory 80s garbage.

“The Beatles” is a godawful name and people laughed at their image vs the leathers of the other groups at the time. But their songs MADE the name and image cool.
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

superglide88 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:58 pm By far the most stupid bandname in music history. I never could get past the name. Songs are meh, although they are considered to be the second coming of the Beatles by some on here.
Cinderella has to be the worst name ever.
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

MattleyCrue wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:48 pm I just saw Donnie Vie tonight and it was an AMAZING show!
Where??!!

And was Meddling Billy on drums??
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

REO Cokewagon wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:38 pm
MattleyCrue wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:48 pm I just saw Donnie Vie tonight and it was an AMAZING show!
Where??!!

And was Meddling Billy on drums??
Bet he was. Meddling Billy never shared any good Sludge with us.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!