Are you racist?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Re: Are you racist?

Post by mullet_head »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:39 am I guess I'm racist, I honestly believe the Japanese race is superior to us whites, as well as the blacks, the Mexicans and all them other races.
Mexican isn't a race.
VicStelly wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:22 am The ones demanding the N-word back or whatever agenda Fox is pushing are the problem.
Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:20 am People are demanding the n word back?
Which N-word are you guys refering to? Can you be more specific?

But seriously, while I understand the stigma behind such word, I think it's stupid that whites can't/shouln't say it, for example, while singing along to rap songs. People lose their shit nowadays without regards for context or nuance.
RicksPickWrangler
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by RicksPickWrangler »

Try them all. taste the rainbow!
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

"Taste the rainbow" sounds gay.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

LovePowerFromTheMamaHead
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by LovePowerFromTheMamaHead »

My wife is asian from the Philippines. Funny thing, she didnt believe when I told her India is part of Asia. She said she does not consider them asians.
ROADHEAD wrote:No, the book is live. I can see guys holding guitars in it. It's a live book.
DeathCurse wrote:A guy like Mamahead couldn't inspire anyone to hand over 5 bucks. He's not a douche, he's not awesome. He's just here.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

I like to drive fast but I wouldn't necessarily say I'm a racist...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

LovePowerFromTheMamaHead wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:52 pm My wife is asian from the Philippines. Funny thing, she didnt believe when I told her India is part of Asia. She said she does not consider them asians.
Do people from India consider themselves Asian? I know many from there, but I have never asked. Geographically, they may be, but I doubt they do.
Ol' Dirty Bastard
Recording Debut Album

Post by Ol' Dirty Bastard »

Only against crackers
LIVE N' UNCUT

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

purple70rt wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:21 pm Everyone is racist on some level.
    If you consider the concept/reality of benefiting from and contributing to systemic racism/“white privilege” as the wokies call it, then yes, you are absolutely 100 percent correct. This coming from a proud honkie.
    LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
    Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Ol' Dirty Bastard wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:31 pm Only against crackers
    Are you OK with rednecks and peckerwoods?
    ImageImage
    Ol' Dirty Bastard
    Recording Debut Album

Post by Ol' Dirty Bastard »

It's mostly saltines I hate, Ritz and those shitty square peanut butter crackers are trash too
    LIVE N' UNCUT

Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

TooOldToCare wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:27 pm
    LovePowerFromTheMamaHead wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:52 pm My wife is asian from the Philippines. Funny thing, she didnt believe when I told her India is part of Asia. She said she does not consider them asians.
    Do people from India consider themselves Asian? I know many from there, but I have never asked. Geographically, they may be, but I doubt they do.
    They identify more with being Indian/"desi" or their religion / home region ie. Kashmiri Muslim, Gujarati Hindu etc. And then there's the caste identity. But I don't think many would say they are "not Asian" if asked. Maybe more among those born in America or Europe.
    GoodJudge
    Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

Rocker4Real wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:39 am
    GoodJudge wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:33 am I'm not racist, except for the French. Everyone hates the French, even Psychobolia. There's a British phrase (which probably exists in translation in other languages), "France is wasted on the French".

(Actually, they're usually OK. I'm going there again next month.)
    Someone claimed you were Psychobilia's alt.
    Haha! I missed that. No. I've never understood the point of alts, unless it's a full-on comedy character like ERIC ADAMS.

Back on topic, I'm not keen on the Quebecois in principle. I've never knowingly met any but, by reputation, they make the French look sane and reasonable - a significant % of them vote for a party that wants to ban the existence of English in Quebec. Voivod get a pass for being awesome musicians but my jury's out on the rest.
    superglide88
    Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

Mailorder bride or did she already live in the US?
    Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
    eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
    Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!:
    mullet_head
    Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

TooOldToCare wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:27 pm
    Who cares if they do?

That's a 'Murican thing, it seems, to consider only slanted-eyed people from Asia to be asians.
    You don't see the Irish, or the Italians, or the Polacks, going around calling themselves European. Why would Indians be any different? India is in Asia. So is Saudi Arabia.
    Asian is not a race.

Is caucasian a race? Cause these guys are caucasian.

aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:16 am ^^^^^ Neither is homosexuality. If you want to go there . . .

You're just not attracted to people of color. No big deal. If you hate on these people, THAT makes you a racist/bigot.
    I don't know.

One common definition of racism is "the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another."

Attraction levels are largely based on our subconscious mind determining the suitability of a mate based on various factors.

Doesn't that mean his brain is determining that other races are inherently inferior as mates, therefore making him (technically) racist?
    DonJuanDeMarco
    Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

AlexVonHaig wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:20 am I've not dated nor been attracted to Black, Hispanic, nor Oriental women.
    Dating is a different story. Being comfortable within your race is natural.

I thought I was racist for awhile. It's really just about being comfortable. I grew up in a small town that was mostly white so moving to a big city was a huge transition. Still...seeing areas that were mostly white and are now black or asian or whatever throws me off. It's that "comfortable" thing again. Like it was familiar but now it's all changed.

Who knows? Maybe the next singer for Skid Row will be black.
    "You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
    Einstein Lawless
    Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

Serious question.... I've recently read the term "Pinoy/ Pinay" used to refer to people I've always heard called Philipino. Is that out of use now and/or considered offensive?
    Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
    Jason Jennifer Leigh
    Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

My girlfriend in Poland hates the Jews but she refuses to eat bacon. WTF?
    Jason Jennifer Leigh
    Headlining Clubs

They eat a lot of seafood and lamb in Poland.
    Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:14 pm They eat a lot of seafood and lamb in Poland.
    Not really. Seafood is not a Polish thing. Pork and beef it is. Only Jews and Muslims don't eat pork in Poland.

Also, Polish food is really bland. Like German food without spices.
    Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:07 pm My girlfriend in Poland hates the Jews but she refuses to eat bacon. WTF?
    Sounds like she is Muslim. There's a native minority in Poland. Or she just doesn't like smoked, salty meat.
    Jason Jennifer Leigh
    Headlining Clubs

She’s Catholic and eats squid, octopus and lamb every week … she also likes custard … but no bacon.

She also hates Ukraine.
    RicksPickWrangler
    Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by RicksPickWrangler »

Sleek wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:34 pm "Taste the rainbow" sounds gay.
    In the context of this conversation? That sounds like your personal preferences coming to light...
    Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:56 pm She’s Catholic and eats squid, octopus and lamb every week … she also likes custard … but no bacon.

She also hates Ukraine.
    There is a love/hate thing with Ukraine in Poland. In general, Ukrainians are rednecks who come to take our jobs and women and should just sod off back to the USSR, but now when they are kicking Russian ass they are our friends and brothers.
    Grendel
    Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:56 pm She’s Catholic and eats squid, octopus and lamb every week … she also likes custard … but no bacon.

She also hates Ukraine.
    Why?
    HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
    Jason Jennifer Leigh
    Headlining Clubs

It’s 11 pm there, I’ll have to ask her tomorrow.
    Cindy Buzzedimisa

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

I consider myself not but when I'm bartending certain nationalities do not handle alcohol well...I think you know which one in particular that genetically can't process alcohol easily. Natives, there I said it. Not like how everyone has Cherokee in them or whatever. Full Natives in tribes. When they drink it starts out fine then BANG they go from 0 to 60 and you're the one that has to deal with that. It's baaad. I can honestly say I'd rather wait on a group of Crips than Natives. So, I guess that can be considered racist in a way.
    DangerZone
    MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DangerZone »

Cindy Buzzedimisa wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:43 pm I consider myself not but when I'm bartending certain nationalities do not handle alcohol well...I think you know which one in particular that genetically can't process alcohol easily. Natives, there I said it. Not like how everyone has Cherokee in them or whatever. Full Natives in tribes. When they drink it starts out fine then BANG they go from 0 to 60 and you're the one that has to deal with that. It's baaad. I can honestly say I'd rather wait on a group of Crips than Natives. So, I guess that can be considered racist in a way.
    which nationality are you talking about?
    don’t be coy, spill the beanz!
    DonJuanDeMarco
    Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Cindy Buzzedimisa wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:43 pm I can honestly say I'd rather wait on a group of Crips than Natives.
    That should be your signature.

To me this is worse.....

I was in Maryland for the M3 Festival. A few exits away, I stopped at a hotel bar & grill before the show on the first night (Kix night). On 3 separate occasions while I was having a drink at the bar I saw 3 black guys order food to go. They waited. The bartender gave them their food to go. THEY ATE THE FOOD AT THE FUCKING BAR!!! And then they just left leaving the plastic to go bag, box and utensils all over the place. Finally after the 3rd time seeing this I asked the bartender what was going on. He threw away the black man's garbage and looked at me and said "Oh... that way they don't have to tip".
    "You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
    DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:12 pm
    Cindy Buzzedimisa wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:43 pm I can honestly say I'd rather wait on a group of Crips than Natives.
    That should be your signature.

To me this is worse.....

I was in Maryland for the M3 Festival. A few exits away, I stopped at a hotel bar & grill before the show on the first night (Kix night). On 3 separate occasions while I was having a drink at the bar I saw 3 black guys order food to go. They waited. The bartender gave them their food to go. THEY ATE THE FOOD AT THE FUCKING BAR!!! And then they just left leaving the plastic to go bag, box and utensils all over the place. Finally after the 3rd time seeing this I asked the bartender what was going on. He threw away the black man's garbage and looked at me and said "Oh... that way they don't have to tip".
    I waited and bartended a bit in college. Story checks out.
    KEYBOARD WARRIOR!