Van Hagar & the Gang

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

sirthx2
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Van Hagar & the Gang

Post by sirthx2 »

"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
ultra motion
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: Van Hagar & the Gang

Post by ultra motion »

I'm absolutely amazed at how well this mashes up together! 😲 Mcclintocks best one yet! 😃
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Get Highway To Hell in there (in standard tuning to match) for the trifecta!
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

McClintock always has the best mashups! This one is just perfect!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

Love it!
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

dmbrocker wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 5:31 pm McClintock always has the best mashups! This one is just perfect!
To be fair, this one was probably pretty easy to do. They're basically the same song.
sirthx2

Post by sirthx2 »

Tenacious_Dio wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:24 am
dmbrocker wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 5:31 pm McClintock always has the best mashups! This one is just perfect!
To be fair, this one was probably pretty easy to do. They're basically the same song.
Yeah but.....did anyone else think to do it? And edit together with comedic flare? How many times have you heard a riff that's completely awesome, yet so simple you can teach someone who's never played guitar how to play it in 5 minutes and think; man I could have written that!! "I will Follow", "Iron Man" etc. Poison never become Poison without that simple fucking Talk Dirty To Me riff.
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
TBONESBURDEN
Recording Your Demo

Post by TBONESBURDEN »

That little clip of DLR at the end caught me off guard. Funny shit!
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

sirthx2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:07 am
Yeah but.....did anyone else think to do it? And edit together with comedic flare? How many times have you heard a riff that's completely awesome, yet so simple you can teach someone who's never played guitar how to play it in 5 minutes and think; man I could have written that!! "I will Follow", "Iron Man" etc. Poison never become Poison without that simple fucking Talk Dirty To Me riff.
Don't get me wrong, I love the guy's videos. I thought the "Hip To Be the Sandman" mashup was genius.

I just thought this one was a little more obvious. Surprised it hadn't been done before.
MotleyKaos
Headlining Clubs

Post by MotleyKaos »

I was trying to think of what the two songs would be. "Celebrate" was a given, but in my head, before I clicked on the link, I was thinking "Right now! Ce-le-brate good times, come on! It's everything!"

Still enjoy the mashups though. Good stuff!
sirthx2

Post by sirthx2 »

Tenacious_Dio wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 6:10 am

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy's videos. I thought the "Hip To Be the Sandman" mashup was genius.

I just thought this one was a little more obvious. Surprised it hadn't been done before.
I get'cha.

Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Yeah but.....did anyone else think to do it? And edit together with comedic flare? How many times have you heard a riff that's completely awesome, yet so simple you can teach someone who's never played guitar how to play it in 5 minutes and think; man I could have written that!! "I will Follow", "Iron Man" etc. Poison never become Poison without that simple fucking She's Tight riff.
FTFY
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
sirthx2

Post by sirthx2 »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:32 am

Yeah but.....did anyone else think to do it? And edit together with comedic flare? How many times have you heard a riff that's completely awesome, yet so simple you can teach someone who's never played guitar how to play it in 5 minutes and think; man I could have written that!! "I will Follow", "Iron Man" etc. Poison never become Poison without that simple fucking She's Tight riff.
FTFY
100% :-)

Brainy Lane
Recording Debut Album

Post by Brainy Lane »

The Eddie-Sammy combination forms its most explosive bonding on “Best of Both Worlds.” Centered on a transcendent guitar riff not unlike the chordal motif of Kool and the Gang’s “Celebration,” “Best of Both Worlds” is a double rock dialectic.
From Rolling Stone magazine review in 1986
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Lol. I memba that. RS was all in on Van Hagar from the jump. Roth must've done something to piss someone off there.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.