Your least favourite song on slippery when wet?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Let it rock
4%
You give love a bad name
2%
Livin' on a prayer
4%
Social disease
49%
Wanted dead or alive
2%
Raise your hands
2%
Without love
15%
I'd die for you
9%
Never say goodbye
8%
Wild in the streets
6%

Total votes: 53
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Never say goodbye is a decent song but a notch below the other songs on this mega selling 80s classic.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Re: Your least favourite song on slippery when wet?

Post by Wild Obsession »

Looking at the song titles I can't recall how "Without Love" goes.....
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

I've never listened to the entire album, but my previous cover band covered Livin' on a Prayer, hated that song, fucking shite!
Brainy Lane
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Brainy Lane »

Social Disease is the sore thumb on this record.
Especially considering that they had Edge of a Broken Heart ready to go
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

I'd go with "Without Love", and that one's still pretty damn good. Really, the whole album is Jovi at their absolute best. Agreed that "Edge of a Broken Heart" should have been included.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Going off on a tangent here, but did anyone blast social disease really loud the first time they played the record so their parents could hear. And then feel awkward due to the intro. I reckon this happened to Mister Freeze.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
BulletProofPoet
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BulletProofPoet »

Brainy Lane wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:25 pm Social Disease is the sore thumb on this record.
This is the correct answer!
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

pieceofme wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:30 pm Going off on a tangent here, but did anyone blast social disease really loud the first time they played the record so their parents could hear. And then feel awkward due to the intro. I reckon this happened to Mister Freeze.

100%. I remember my dad driving my friends and I around. We played Slippery in the car and the intro to "Social Disease" was awkward as fuck. The song is better suited for Permanent Vacation anyway. The Bon Jovi guys should've sold it off.

Here's a tip. If you're making a homemade Bon Jovi compilation, put "Without Love" after "I'll Be There For You". It's a rare case of power ballads back to back, but it just works.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

I think pieceofme knows 1987 was my year. Having my parents drive my 13-year-old ass around while I played Slippery, Crazy Nights, and Girlsx3 on the car stereo.

Looking back, that Motley Crue album was lewd as fuck, but it was "okay" because they didn't swear. Although I always turned down "we've got the fuckin' crowd" before "Jailhouse Rock."

Years later, my conservative mom told me how much she appreciated a lot of that music. Brought up "Paradise City" in particular, and knowing that, it means a lot more to me now when I hear it these days.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

Brainy Lane wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:25 pm Especially considering that they had Edge of a Broken Heart ready to go
EOABH is nothing special. I voted for Social Disease as my least favorite and it's still better than EOABH.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:05 pm I think pieceofme knows 1987 was my year. Having my parents drive my 13-year-old ass around while I played Slippery, Crazy Nights, and Girlsx3 on the car stereo.

Looking back, that Motley Crue album was lewd as fuck, but it was "okay" because they didn't swear. Although I always turned down "we've got the fuckin' crowd" before "Jailhouse Rock."

Years later, my conservative mom told me how much she appreciated a lot of that music. Brought up "Paradise City" in particular, and knowing that, it means a lot more to me now when I hear it these days.

I certainly do. I played slippery and girls girls girls at the gym today. I was too knackered to get to crazy nights on the Playlist though ☹

Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

pieceofme wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:15 pm I played slippery and girls girls girls at the gym today. I was too knackered to get to crazy nights on the Playlist though ☹

Save "Bang Bang You" and "Good Girl Gone Bad" for leg day.
Zander
Recording Your Demo

Post by Zander »

Tough choice between the last two, but I'll go with Never Say Goodbye.. I guess Mr. Bonehead Jovi was trying out some Springsteen-esque lyrics, but it all came crashing down with the heartfelt "Remember when we lost the keys and You lost more than that in my backseat, baby" line by the end of second verse.
In Finland we have this thing called "Reilu Meininki".
Nobodyspecial
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by Nobodyspecial »

Brainy Lane wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:25 pm Social Disease is the sore thumb on this record.

^^^THIS!!!!^^
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

I always skip over both Let it Rock and Social Disease. It's funny how those 2 songs are on "side one" with Bad Name, Prayer and Wanted. I get it...they wanted to add some more straight ahead, fun/party rockers, but Edge of a Broken Heart really is a better song than either of those.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Its a tie between all of them.
SchenkerFan
Headlining Clubs

Post by SchenkerFan »

Yup. A dud that keeps this record from being perfect. Unfortunately later records would start having plenty of Social Diseases.