Kiss - "Forever"

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Kiss - "Forever"

Post by Mister Freeze »

Love the video. This was a great moment for them. Is this the most sentimental Kiss ever got?
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Kiss - "Forever"

Post by HueyRamone »

Ha ha, you just admitted you like Michael Bolton sappy chick bullshit.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

I do. Good stuff.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:35 pm Is this the most sentimental Kiss ever got?
https://youtu.be/fO2KooF-IRM?si=Jtm1ktjQADeuNkaI

https://youtu.be/xXLRCkqkCME?si=kCe7zkCjFdM92tdl

The first one is one of the most head-scratching things they ever did. I still remember when a friend emailed it to me and said “Here’s the new KISS song. It sucks dick.”
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:51 pm https://youtu.be/fO2KooF-IRM?si=Jtm1ktjQADeuNkaI

The first one is one of the most head-scratching things they ever did. I still remember when a friend emailed it to me and said “Here’s the new KISS song. It sucks dick.”

I always thought of that as them trying to have their own "I Don't Want To Miss a Thing" but falling way short.

There wasn't a trend this band didn't follow.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

That’s totally what it was trying to do. Then the director didn’t even put it into Detroit Rock City the movie. It’s tagged onto the credits. And it’s not even the first song of the credits!
aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by aznsquirt »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:55 pmThere wasn't a trend this band didn't follow. [/size]
Pretty much.

KISS is a terribly mediocre rock band that semi-lucked into being way ahead of the curve image wise for about five years (I was made for loving you came out in 79 ffs, and have been a shitty version of various trends since.

Their influence on a generation is undeniable, but how they've managed to reinvent their credibility as a band steadfastly flying the rock flag for decades Is a testament to human desire to romanticize.
KISStian
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by KISStian »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:55 pm
BernieTaupson wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:51 pm https://youtu.be/fO2KooF-IRM?si=Jtm1ktjQADeuNkaI

I always thought of that as them trying to have their own "I Don't Want To Miss a Thing" but falling way short.

But it was definitely their most sentimental.
aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by aznsquirt »

lmao

I've found this picture in an article on the origin of kisses makeup.

The caption reads "The early years of Kiss, before establishing their makeup style."

Nice editing work
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

A great song is a great song. Def dig this one.
The power of Sludge compels you.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Black Stuff wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:15 am A great song is a great song. Def dig this one.
Yup. Sometimes chasing trends has a good outcome. Love this song

Now... them trying to rewrite Pour Some Sugar on me with Read my Body is how to do it very poorly
Stinky McFister
Recording Debut Album

Post by Stinky McFister »

Didn't they write a song about Scooby Doo?
TooOldToCare
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by TooOldToCare »

I wonder what they'd have become in the 80s and 90s if they weren't trend chasers but simply a balls-out rock band a la GnR. I thought some of Revenger felt that way, but certainly not all of it. And as a previous poster mentioned, it did seem to begin with Dynasty with the pseudo-disco influence, then Pink Floyd concept city, through the hair/glam period, grunge, and then becoming a nostalgia act for the rest of their careers.
Domino
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by Domino »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:55 pm

you are a little confused, Forever came out 9 years before the Aerosmith sloppy ballad!
that bitch bends over and i forget my name
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

He’s talking about the 1999 song from the Detroit Rock City soundtrack you KISStardio.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Great song. Best song on one of the weaker KISS albums.

Between this and I Still Love You for their most sentimental ballad.

Stanley tried to repeat the trick with Everytime I look at you on the next album, but it seemed forced and very inauthentic.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

BernieTaupson wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:11 am He’s talking about the 1999 song from the Detroit Rock City soundtrack you KISStardio.
I'd never heard it before today. Completely not surprised it's a Diane Warren special, I can hear Steven Tyler singing it instead of Paul.

Forever kicks the shit out of that song.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Love the song. Outstanding solo and the fade out at the end is perfect.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

HueyRamone wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:43 pm Ha ha, you just admitted you like Michael Bolton sappy chick bullshit.
I'd admit to that as well. I actually listened to "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You" earlier today and marveled at how good it is.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Bolton has a few good tunes.
kytepunches
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by kytepunches »

A World Without Hero’s - The highlight is the single tear rolling down a sad demons face. So sentimental…So deep.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

dmbrocker wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 4:17 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:43 pm Ha ha, you just admitted you like Michael Bolton sappy chick bullshit.
I'd admit to that as well. I actually listened to "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You" earlier today and marveled at how good it is.
My wife is getting rid of her great Aunt's frilly pink pinafore, let me know your size, and if it's similar we could ship it off to you.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

HueyRamone wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 4:59 pm
My wife is getting rid of her great Aunt's frilly pink pinafore, let me know your size, and if it's similar we could ship it off to you.
Oooh, a PINK pinafore! I usually wear a size large. Does that work for you?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

dmbrocker wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:03 pm

Oooh, a PINK pinafore! I usually wear a size large. Does that work for you?
Yes. I'll see what other dresses she had for the other "men" on here who admit they like Forever.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

When did you get married?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:26 pm

When did you get married?
Nice to hear that tori black has found someone to settle down with
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

Anthrax442 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:19 pm
BernieTaupson wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:11 am He’s talking about the 1999 song from the Detroit Rock City soundtrack you KISStardio.
I'd never heard it before today. Completely not surprised it's a Diane Warren special, I can hear Steven Tyler singing it instead of Paul.

Forever kicks the shit out of that song.
Actual shit kicks the shit out of "Nothing Can Keep Me From You".........
Tyketto Meniketti
Music Fan

Post by Tyketto Meniketti »

Amazingly enough, some of that early Michael Bolotin stuff isn't all bad. Tunes he did with Bruce Kulick are pretty good.

I was a hater in the 90s but only because he was so ridiculously popular with those sappy radio ballads.

Forever ain't one of them. Eric Carr crushes on drums. Kulick is solid, as is Paul.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

People actually like this lame-ass shit? Haha. Awful.
Stinky McFister
Recording Debut Album

Post by Stinky McFister »

Dyslexicheart wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:25 pm People actually like this lame-ass shit? Haha. Awful.
I was thinking this exact thing

Garbage.

Air Supply crap. But that might be a slight to Air Supply :roll: