Kiss - "Forever"

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

KISStian
Picking a Band Name

Re: Kiss - "Forever"

Post by KISStian »

TooOldToCare wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:41 am I wonder what they'd have become in the 80s and 90s if they weren't trend chasers but simply a balls-out rock band a la GnR. I thought some of Revenger felt that way, but certainly not all of it. And as a previous poster mentioned, it did seem to begin with Dynasty with the pseudo-disco influence, then Pink Floyd concept city, through the hair/glam period, grunge, and then becoming a nostalgia act for the rest of their careers.
I don't think they had it in 'em. If you listen to the demo material that turned into The Elder and later the 4 tracks from Killers, it was just "meh." They were even going to call it "Rockin' w/ the boys." How lame is that?
KISStian
Picking a Band Name

Post by KISStian »

Anthrax442 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:19 pm
BernieTaupson wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:11 am He’s talking about the 1999 song from the Detroit Rock City soundtrack you KISStardio.
I'd never heard it before today. Completely not surprised it's a Diane Warren special, I can hear Steven Tyler singing it instead of Paul.

Forever kicks the shit out of that song.
It was a definite deliberate attempt at recreating "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" complete with it being a Dianne Warren song on a soundtrack. The trouble was, KISS didn't perform on it all (Bruce was on bass and Steve Ferrone was on drums) and Paul half assed it because he was already off to Toronto for The Phantom of the Opera. I'm not saying that it would've been a hit song if KISS had tried to act like they care or shot a video or whatever, but other than having Mercury send a CD-single to radio in July of 1999, there was absolutely nothing done with this song. I'm actually surprised Paul had it resurrected for the Box Set.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

We can all agree that "Nothing Can Keep Me From You" is a steaming turd.

Yet I'm sure if I looked it up on YouTube, there would be nothing but endless praise in the comments section by fans in foreign countries - plus the random person saying this was the favorite song of some dead relative.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Just checked, yes lots of KISStardio comments.

https://youtu.be/fO2KooF-IRM?si=uui0D4Si9Z0O3iB3
Bobby Blotzer wrote: This is the kind of shit the bozo over at metal sludge does