Skid Row-Erik joined Europe on stage in Stockholm

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Zinny
Headlining Clubs

Skid Row-Erik joined Europe on stage in Stockholm

Post by Zinny »

Erik Grönwall made a surprise appearence during Europe’s concert in their home town of Stockholm (amusement park Gröna Lund) earlier this week.
Erik joined from the second verse in ”Cherokee”
https://youtu.be/g86eA3FoJqU?si=qNnC3VP2qleD1H7O

Different angle:
https://youtu.be/RiY1S00P62Y?si=iuYJNsp8tKu3QXDj
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Skid Row-Erik joined Europe on stage in Stockholm

Post by Love_Industry »

That was cool and Europe kicked ass. Couldn't believe it when they kicked off with two of my favorite deep cuts On Broken Wings and Seven Doors Hotel and then went into one of their biggest hits Rock the Night.

Was close to the stage and saw how they were having fun, even Norum who often looks like he is phoning it in.

Joey laughed when he sang some of the old NWOBHM lyrics about devils and hangmen in ... Hotel and Scream of Anger 😀
AlexVonHaig
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by AlexVonHaig »

He's clearly too sick to have remained with SR. Im sure he is still in love with Snake and company but he can't even leave the house
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

AlexVonHaig wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:25 am He's clearly too sick to have remained with SR. Im sure he is still in love with Snake and company but he can't even leave the house
:D :D :D :D

On another note, that song has always been super cringey. Not that the rest of their catalog isn't, but to hear a bunch of guys from Sweden sing about Native Americans? Ick.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
Zinny
Headlining Clubs

Post by Zinny »

Anthrax442 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:19 am
AlexVonHaig wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:25 am He's clearly too sick to have remained with SR. Im sure he is still in love with Snake and company but he can't even leave the house

On another note, that song has always been super cringey. Not that the rest of their catalog isn't, but to hear a bunch of guys from Sweden sing about Native Americans? Ick.
Erik isn’t touring anymore, he sang half a song as a special guest.
It’s the second time I’ve read about an american being butt hurt over these lyrics here on Metal Sludge (a hair band forum). It’s like ”Unskinny Bop” or ”Fuck Like A Beast” make more sense. Get over it!
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Zinny wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 2:14 pm
It’s the second time I’ve read about an american being butt hurt over these lyrics here on Metal Sludge (a hair band forum). It’s like ”Unskinny Bop” or ”Fuck Like A Beast” make more sense. Get over it!
I said they were cringey, that's a far cry from being butt hurt. Europeans singing some tribute to people that they don't know and isn't part of their culture comes off as pandering.

Also, having said that, I don't dislike Europe the band, but whenever this particular song comes on Hair Nation, it's almost an immediate change of the channel.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Erik isn’t touring anymore, he sang half a song as a special guest.
WHat doenst make sense about Fuck like a Beast? It makes perfect sense!
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Yeah, all Swedish bands should be like Sabaton and sing about the heroic wars of the Swedish Empire...

(I do get your point, but it's not worse than a bunch of Brits singing about Native Americans in Run to the Hills, is it? Or another bunch of Brits singing about Kennedy being murdered in Dallas 1 PM...)
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

I've been to Gröna Lund, but what's the deal with the gigs there? Do they cost extra or are they free for who come to the amusement park?
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Hellsinkey wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:10 am I've been to Gröna Lund, but what's the deal with the gigs there? Do they cost extra or are they free for who come to the amusement park?
Most locals buy a season ticket for like SEK 400, then all gigs are included. But if you pay the regular entrance fee SEK 100 the show is included. But apparently you can only buy them until 6 PM on the day and shows start at 8 so you have time for a way overpriced kebab/burger /beer/ whatever.

The season ticket is great, I saw some bands I never would have seen otherwise that were really good: GVF, Thåström, Patti Smith....
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Love_Industry wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:38 pm
Hellsinkey wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:10 am I've been to Gröna Lund, but what's the deal with the gigs there? Do they cost extra or are they free for who come to the amusement park?
Most locals buy a season ticket for like SEK 400, then all gigs are included. But if you pay the regular entrance fee SEK 100 the show is included. But apparently you can only buy them until 6 PM on the day and shows start at 8 so you have time for a way overpriced kebab/burger /beer/ whatever.

The season ticket is great, I saw some bands I never would have seen otherwise that were really good: GVF, Thåström, Patti Smith....
SEK 400 is like the price of a club gig, very cheap. Gröna Lund has had some great gigs over the years.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Hellsinkey wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:36 pm
Love_Industry wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:38 pm

SEK 400 is like the price of a club gig, very cheap. Gröna Lund has had some great gigs over the years.
Indeed. All the way back to Kiss, Bob Marley and Zeppelin in the 70s...
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

That was strange … he didn’t even stick around.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Love_Industry wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:19 am
Yeah, all Swedish bands should be like Sabaton and sing about the heroic wars of the Swedish Empire...

(I do get your point, but it's not worse than a bunch of Brits singing about Native Americans in Run to the Hills, is it? Or another bunch of Brits singing about Kennedy being murdered in Dallas 1 PM...)
Oh, believe me, I thought of that. For whatever reason, with Cherokee, it sounds cloying, like they're trying to get an emotional reaction out of the listener by being sympathetic to what happened to the Native Americans, versus those other songs being more historical retellings.

It's probably just a me problems.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Anthrax442 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 2:19 pm
I said they were cringey, that's a far cry from being butt hurt. Europeans singing some tribute to people that they don't know and isn't part of their culture comes off as pandering.

Also, having said that, I don't dislike Europe the band, but whenever this particular song comes on Hair Nation, it's almost an immediate change of the channel.

Always loved Cherokee and Run To The Hills.

Did you find Passion of the Christ cringy and pandering? Mel Gibson isn’t from the Middle East or Ancient Rome and isn’t Jewish.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:05 pm
Always loved Cherokee and Run To The Hills.

Did you find Passion of the Christ cringy and pandering? Mel Gibson isn’t from the Middle East or Ancient Rome and isn’t Jewish.
Never saw it. Had no desire to. Also, that's a bit of false equivalence there.

To the people that mentioned Cherokee vs Run to the Hills, (at least to me) Cherokee feels like that commercial that they used to show in the US with the crying Native American when showing pollution, versus Run to the Hills feeling like an Action/Western. Subject might be similar, but the songs come off totally different. That's the best way I can explain it.