AC/DC live in Gelsenkirchen right now

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Re: AC/DC live in Gelsenkirchen right now

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Anthrax442 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:06 pm
Dyslexicheart wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 11:14 am I wish someone would track down Phil Rudd and find out why he's not drumming. He's integral to the band, like Malcolm was - at least Stevie is family and a good fit.
I'm sure it just comes down to too much of a legal headache to deal with whatever travel restrictions he might have after 2014.

Also, I'm not going to debate who the best drummer for AC/DC is or anything like that, but let's not act like Phil has ALWAYS been there. He wasn't there for their commercial peak from 1983 to 1994, and the only thing he's done with the band in the last 10 years is record the drums on Power Up.
Without Phil their commercial peak was also their musical low-point. Not that it's all on the drummer, but Phil is THE AC/DC drummer
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

This is just really, really sad and pathetic to see. Angus hardly moving, just nodding his head and attempting a half-assed duck walk then giving up. First time ever I'm hearing him flub solos as well. Totally past it. This huge stage in an enormous venue but you only know the names of two of the band members. AC/DC logos everywhere but this isn't AC/DC. One original member. Who the fuck are these other people? Brian struggling and wheezing and straining like a late stage tuberculosis patient. It's awful and completely ridiculous.

Why would you want to see such a previously virile and potent band full of wild feral energy reduced to this? Seriously. They sound like absolute dogshit, the stage is boring, corporate, dated, the setlist is utterly predictable, ticket prices are insane, what's left of the band are reduced to a shuffling shadow of their former glory.

Everything about this sucks.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

Whatever Happened To… wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 12:50 am
Why would you want to see such a previously virile and potent band full of wild feral energy reduced to this? Seriously. They sound like absolute dogshit, the stage is boring, corporate, dated, the setlist is utterly predictable, ticket prices are insane, what's left of the band are reduced to a shuffling shadow of their former glory.

Agree about everything except the setlist. Sure, they play all hits, but it has 24 songs and a lot more Bon era than expected. 4 songs off Let There Be Rock? Three from HTH? And even two from Powerage? That's above expectations for me.

This performed by Black Ice era AC/DC would have been killer. Or skip the 2 new songs, RnR Train and Stiff Upper Lip and play those 20 songs in 1991....
mrspeedgene
Headlining Clubs

Post by mrspeedgene »

Thank god I saw AXLDC When it existed
They laughed at their gods
And fought them in vain
So he turned his
back on them
And left them in pain
KISStian
Picking a Band Name

Post by KISStian »

Love_Industry wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 1:10 am
Whatever Happened To… wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 12:50 am

Agree about everything except the setlist. Sure, they play all hits, but it has 24 songs and a lot more Bon era than expected. 4 songs off Let There Be Rock? Three from HTH? And even two from Powerage? That's above expectations for me.

This performed by Black Ice era AC/DC would have been killer. Or skip the 2 new songs, RnR Train and Stiff Upper Lip and play those 20 songs in 1991....
IKR! And here Anthrax guy is bitching about. :lol:
klownzilla
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by klownzilla »

What's wrong with some of you people? No shit, a legendary band that's celebrating their 50th anniversary are not in their prime. You should be happy Angus Young is still alive and wants to perform for the hundreds of thousands of people that will see them this year. He has mountains of money and doesn't need to travel around the world putting on the best performances he can at his age. Same for Brian Johnson who has been in the band for 44 years and in music for longer than Angus.

Not to mention they are going out there with no backing tracks, no "piped in" vocals or high notes. They are actually performing. How many other bands at their level are doing that? Would you rather they sound perfect but everyone posts videos pointing out when the band is out of sync with the backing track and "effects".

AC/DC always been the Angus and Bon/Brian show. Malcolm died and his nephew Stevie took his place for years now and also for part of the Blow up your video tour. Cliff doesn't want to tour anymore and Phil probably has legal problems entering different countries, No reason to cancel a tour because of those two.
jens
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by jens »

mrspeedgene wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 3:37 am Thank god I saw AXLDC When it existed
Definitely, that was the best both Axl and AC/DC sounded these last 30 years. An insane yet beautiful glitch in the Matrix.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

jens wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 6:26 am
mrspeedgene wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 3:37 am Thank god I saw AXLDC When it existed
Definitely, that was the best both Axl and AC/DC sounded these last 30 years. An insane yet beautiful glitch in the Matrix.

Very possibly the best concert I’ve ever seen and I will never shut up about it.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Not as bad as I was expecting, but I certainly wouldn't pay any money to see it live. Not that they need my business looking at the size of that crowd!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
KISStian
Picking a Band Name

Post by KISStian »

pieceofme wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 3:36 pm Not as bad as I was expecting, but I certainly wouldn't pay any money to see it live. Not that they need my business looking at the size of that crowd!
I haven't seen AC/DC since 2001 or so. I can't remember what happened with the Black Ice tour but I remember just not being interested in Axl in '16. That said, this is my probably my last chance to see the Keith and Mick of hard rock and I'd pay a decent amount to catch this in a football stadium near me. I'm curious to see what US pricing will look like. Looking at what Metallica was able to get out of shows where they are playing TWO friggin' days, isn't encouraging. :lol:
Ryan81
Headlining Clubs

Post by Ryan81 »

Would Phil's legal issues from 2014 still be causing him problems as far as being able to tour? That is fucking ridiculous. That tells you how lame the music business has gotten...if you want to be in a rock band and tour you cannot have any felonies. WTF?!? What's next, drug testing before you can take the stage?

Phil may have his problems, but that guy is more accurate than a metronome!
Ziggy Sawdust
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

KISStian wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 4:34 pm
pieceofme wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 3:36 pm Not as bad as I was expecting, but I certainly wouldn't pay any money to see it live. Not that they need my business looking at the size of that crowd!
I haven't seen AC/DC since 2001 or so. I can't remember what happened with the Black Ice tour but I remember just not being interested in Axl in '16. That said, this is my probably my last chance to see the Keith and Mick of hard rock and I'd pay a decent amount to catch this in a football stadium near me. I'm curious to see what US pricing will look like. Looking at what Metallica was able to get out of shows where they are playing TWO friggin' days, isn't encouraging. :lol:

Get ready to sell a kidney.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
AlexVonHaig

Post by AlexVonHaig »

We should support bands in need at this time. Go to the show. Buy a T. Every little bit will help our friends from the penal colony get by.
KISStian
Picking a Band Name

Post by KISStian »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:38 am
KISStian wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 4:34 pm

Get ready to sell a kidney.
:lol: :lol: I guess I'm not too ready then. I wouldn't go over $200 per. I absolutely can't believe what nosebleed NFL stadium seats go for these days to see dinosaurs like Billy Joel and The Rolling Stones.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

Ryan81 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:46 am Would Phil's legal issues from 2014 still be causing him problems as far as being able to tour? That is fucking ridiculous. That tells you how lame the music business has gotten...if you want to be in a rock band and tour you cannot have any felonies. WTF?!? What's next, drug testing before you can take the stage?
To be fair, one of his convictions is for threatening to kill someone. And I don't think visa applications include a "if youre a rock star, tick this box and skip the 'criminal record' section' option.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

Dp
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

GoodJudge wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:48 am
Ryan81 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:46 am Would Phil's legal issues from 2014 still be causing him problems as far as being able to tour? That is fucking ridiculous. That tells you how lame the music business has gotten...if you want to be in a rock band and tour you cannot have any felonies. WTF?!? What's next, drug testing before you can take the stage?
To be fair, one of his convictions is for threatening to kill someone. And I don't think visa applications include a "if youre a rock star, tick this box and skip the 'criminal record' section' option.
Tyson Fury was the heavyweight champion of the world until a few weeks ago - a world-famous guy. and he hasn't been able to enter the US since 2021.

Why? Known associate of Daniel Kinahan, wanted drug kingpin.

And that's just entering the US - getting a visa with a criminal background is not, especially if it was a serious crime.
Last edited by FreddyFender on Sat May 25, 2024 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
KISStian
Picking a Band Name

Post by KISStian »

FreddyFender wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:01 am
GoodJudge wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:48 am
Tyson Fury was the heavyweight champion of the world until a few weeks ago - a world-famous guy. and he hasn't been able to enter the US since 2021.

Why? Known associate of Daniel Kinahan, wanted drug kingpin.

And that's just entering the US - getting a visa with a criminal background is not, especially if it was a serious crime.
You get that feeling that some of these posters have never left the country. Getting a passport post 9-11 is a cumbersome and tedious little experience.