Priest returns with DARK PULSE and single "Demon's Call"

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Priest returns with DARK PULSE and single "Demon's Call"

Post by NeonKnite »

Priest has not disappointed with their 4th full length album DARK PULSE released on 6/3.

New single "Demon's Call" has a raunchy video many of you perverts will likely enjoy.

https://youtu.be/bOLD8vV_XaI?si=nxgqluQyr8t8Ect9
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Priest returns with DARK PULSE and single "Demon's Call"

Post by HueyRamone »

Priest has had a hell of a lot more than 4 albums. Their 4th album was Stained Class.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

I think he means the wacky EDM group with the dead Queen singer singing...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
DangerZone
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DangerZone »

HueyRamone wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:05 pm Priest has had a hell of a lot more than 4 albums. Their 4th album was Stained Class.
no, this band is Half ghost
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

DangerZone wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:34 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:05 pm Priest has had a hell of a lot more than 4 albums. Their 4th album was Stained Class.
no, this band is Half ghost
Half isnt a ghost, he's still alive. Merc is a ghost.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:33 pm I think he means the wacky EDM group with the dead Queen singer singing...
Yeah.

Why is an EDM band getting posted on this board? Is it because they are trying to steal Priest’s name?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Psychobolia.com
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Production sounds pretty good, Andy Snip?
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Is DJ Ashba involved in this?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Horrible band. All the guys who Tobias kicked out because they couldn’t keep up creatively and/or wanted to be Depeche Mode; then they turned around and sued him (and lost). This shitty material shows who the talent was in Ghost.
DangerZone
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DangerZone »

These guys were never creative in Ghost!
They were the 2 guitarists know as Proctor & Gamble, respectively
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

NeonKnite wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:59 pm Priest has not disappointed with their 4th full length album DARK PULSE released on 6/3.

New single "Demon's Call" has a raunchy video many of you perverts will likely enjoy.

https://youtu.be/bOLD8vV_XaI?si=nxgqluQyr8t8Ect9

Love it. Great stuff!
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

DangerZone wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:11 am These guys were never creative in Ghost!
Neither of them were guitarists, they played keyboards and bass. The guitarists have another band called Magna Carta Cartel that Tobias used to be in as well
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:48 am
DangerZone wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:11 am These guys were never creative in Ghost!
Neither of them were guitarists, they played keyboards and bass. The guitarists have another band called Magna Carta Cartel that Tobias used to be in as well
Is it EDM too? Does it suck as bad as the above band?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:48 am Neither of them were guitarists, they played keyboards and bass. The guitarists have another band called Magna Carta Cartel that Tobias used to be in as well
Actually, Martin Persner "Omege" does Magna Carta Cartel. There's a few decent things on it, but it's pretty mellow stuff that hasn't wowed me.

Simon Soderberg, aka "Alpha" has actually been the producer for all of the Priest albums including DARK PULSE.

DARK PULSE is an absolute TRIUMPH of an album!
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

NeonKnite wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:38 pm

ALLIED FORCES is a Triumph album.

You're getting all this shit wrong.
DangerZone
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DangerZone »

Did they sing more verses than Meneketti on stars?
I seriously doubt it
AJL
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by AJL »

Ghost became way better after these morons left + they lost the case. And Priest has got to be one of the worst, most confusing band names ever. Huge pass on this wannabe shit
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

AJL wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:10 am Ghost became way better after these morons left + they lost the case. And Priest has got to be one of the worst, most confusing band names ever. Huge pass on this wannabe shit
I'm sorry you're confused.
AJL
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by AJL »

NeonKnite wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:15 am
AJL wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:10 am Ghost became way better after these morons left + they lost the case. And Priest has got to be one of the worst, most confusing band names ever. Huge pass on this wannabe shit
I'm sorry you're confused.
Thank you for your kind feelings sir. And please don’t listen to crap music
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

I can't wrap my head around why a rock would name themselves essentially another band's name.

Like did they want to always confuse everyone?

It's like naming a band Motley, Scorps, Zep, Guns, The Stones, Hendrix, Floyd, The Dead, Bowie, Leppard, Skynyrd, Maiden, or Sabbath

If they ever get any traction, I wouldn't be surprised if JP's lawyers get involved.
DangerZone
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DangerZone »

Velvis wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:10 pm I can't wrap my head around why a rock would name themselves essentially another band's name.

It's like naming a band Motley, Scorps, Zep, Guns, The Stones, Hendrix, Floyd, The Dead, Bowie, Leppard, Skynyrd, Maiden, or Sabbath

If they ever get any traction, I wouldn't be surprised if JP's lawyers get involved.
Judas Priest came from a Dylan song.

Priest is a very common word.
They’re not a rock band but electronic.
Using Priest is in no way similar to Scorps, Zep, the stones, Hendrix, skynyrd or Leppard
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

DangerZone wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:51 pm
Velvis wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:10 pm I can't wrap my head around why a rock would name themselves essentially another band's name.

Using Priest is in no way similar to Scorps, Zep, the stones, Hendrix, skynyrd or Leppard
1) "Priest" is a super common way many people refer to the rock band "Judas Priest" Just like my other examples. So much so it would not surprise me that JP would have a strong case against another musical artist using the name as trademark infringement when using it as a band, touring entity, or music release. Just like my other examples.

2) I assumed this new Priest band by being discussed and by some praised here on Metal Sludge and being made up of ex-members of a rock band they would be a rock band similar in style to Ghost and the bands discussed here. I haven't checked it out.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Velvis wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:35 pm
DangerZone wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:51 pm

1) "Priest" is a super common way many people refer to the rock band "Judas Priest" Just like my other examples. So much so it would not surprise me that JP would have a strong case against another musical artist using the name as trademark infringement when using it as a band, touring entity, or music release. Just like my other examples.

2) I assumed this new Priest band by being discussed and by some praised here on Metal Sludge and being made up of ex-members of a rock band they would be a rock band similar in style to Ghost and the bands discussed here. I haven't checked it out.
Yeah. They are one of those synth bands. I assume they’re like Flock of Seagulls or some shit like that.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Psychobolia.com
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

It's like naming a band ...The Dead...
No confustion here, fans knew they were getting the Grateful Dead minus a dead Jerry.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

NeonKnite wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:38 pm
TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:48 am Neither of them were guitarists, they played keyboards and bass. The guitarists have another band called Magna Carta Cartel that Tobias used to be in as well
Actually, Martin Persner "Omege" does Magna Carta Cartel. There's a few decent things on it, but it's pretty mellow stuff that hasn't wowed me.

Simon Soderberg, aka "Alpha" has actually been the producer for all of the Priest albums including DARK PULSE.

Persner isnt in Priest.

Love dark pulse
RockSkar wrote:
Itwalksamongus wrote:
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Why would JP lawyers get involved? Priest is a synth pop band and have nothing to do with JP. JP doesn’t own the word ‘priest’
RockSkar wrote:
Itwalksamongus wrote:
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:16 am
NeonKnite wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:38 pm Actually, Martin Persner "Omege" does Magna Carta Cartel. There's a few decent things on it, but it's pretty mellow stuff that hasn't wowed me.

Persner isnt in Priest.
I'm aware of that, you said the guitarists were in MCC, but only Persner is.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:21 am

Why would JP lawyers get involved? Priest is a synth pop band and have nothing to do with JP. JP doesn’t own the word ‘priest’
Velvis says a lot of things, very few based in any sort of reality.