Questions about W.A.S.P - Inside the Electric Circus album

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Questions about W.A.S.P - Inside the Electric Circus album

Post by HueyRamone »

Velvis wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:09 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:34 am
DemonFilth2001 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:27 am Complete flop. I remember all my friends loved the debut. Saw it in magazines, MTV, displayed in the record store. Even some radio play.

Last Command? Some of my friends liked it. Especially the singles. MTV played the videos a bunch.

Electric Circus? Don’t remember ever seeing a video or hearing a song. Don’t recall knowing anyone that bought it.

Listen to the first 3 in order.

1. Great
2. Good
3. Garbage
You admitted prior that you havent listened to it in 30 years. If you gave it a critical listen, i think you would update your opinion. I cant really see why someone would like Last Command and not like ITEC. They're practically sister albums. Heh heh... "sister". cause Blackie used to be in.... ah forget it.
I agree. My recollection was it was pretty bad, especially compared to the first two. But revisiting it a few years back its better than what I thought. It's definitely weaker than the first two, but stronger than I thought back in the day.

Looking at the song list now, I believe Mantronic was the one that completely made the entire album seem like it was garbage.
Balls of steel.... mechanical pearls!

That's an awesome one. I especially like how its got a clean arpeggiated intro/bridge, and then the lyrics dont jibe at all with that.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?