20 years ago in KISStory

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Wild Obsession
MSX Tour Support Act

20 years ago in KISStory

Post by Wild Obsession »

20 years ago "Rock The Nation", was the last time that Paul's voice accompanied the band on tour.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: 20 years ago in KISStory

Post by pieceofme »

It was a really good set list as well. Shame a classic like 'love her all i can' went down like a lead balloon.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

Wild Obsession wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:58 pm 20 years ago "Rock The Nation", was the last time that Paul's voice accompanied the band on tour.

Wow.
Was has it really been that long since it left because of creative differences?
They won't admit he's guilty. That would mean he's made fools of them.
KISStian
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by KISStian »

pieceofme wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:09 pm It was a really good set list as well. Shame a classic like 'love her all i can' went down like a lead balloon.
The bigger kick-in-the-nads was that the last time KISS took any kind of chance with the setlist. Alive 35 gave way to two co-headline deals...all of them were pretty paint by numbers.
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

I remember thinking disappointed that Gene couldn't hit the notes on Unholy
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

You must bring us a shrubbery
TooOldToCare
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by TooOldToCare »

Saw an article today where Gene said he is pulling more $$ with the Gene Simmons Band than he did per show with KISS. According to the article, they do these festivals and flyout dates and take nothing. No equipment, no crew, rent it all, pocket it all. THAT is what makes Gene happier doing this stuff than lumbering along with Paul.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

TooOldToCare wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:04 pm Saw an article today where Gene said he is pulling more $$ with the Gene Simmons Band than he did per show with KISS. According to the article, they do these festivals and flyout dates and take nothing. No equipment, no crew, rent it all, pocket it all. THAT is what makes Gene happier doing this stuff than lumbering along with Paul.
Wonder if he's grappling with the realization that he didnt have to put up with Paul's shit for the last 5-10 years and could have still made the $$
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
CanadianMetal
Opening for Slaughter

Post by CanadianMetal »

I saw Gene do the first solo band show of this year . He looked fit , happy , engaged and played great . The set was about 100 minutes.

Gene was the only one of the original 4 that I had not seen do a solo show . So was awesome to cross that off the bucket list . It was a free concert but I would have happy paid even if it wasn’t.
POUNDING THE WORLD LIKE A BATTERING RAM !!!
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

CanadianMetal wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:19 pm I saw Gene do the first solo band show of this year . He looked fit , happy , engaged and played great . The set was about 100 minutes.

Gene was the only one of the original 4 that I had not seen do a solo show . So was awesome to cross that off the bucket list . It was a free concert but I would have happy paid even if it wasn’t.
What was the set list like? Some hidden gems played? Or was is stale like recent KISS tours?
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....