My KISS tier list by me, Hueyramone

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

My KISS tier list by me, Hueyramone

Post by HueyRamone »

Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: My KISS tier list by me, Hueyramone

Post by pieceofme »

Sad to see Peter criss 78 so low down
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

pieceofme wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 12:32 pm Sad to see Peter criss 78 so low down
I actually think Pauls solo album has even more annoying songs on it, but it does at least have a couple good ones.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I don’t get Dynasty ranked above the debut.
VinnieVincentsVag
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

I thought Paul’s solo record was next best after Ace
kytepunches
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by kytepunches »

That looks about right to me. Personally i would flip Paul solo and Unmasked for Revenge and Alive 3. But that’s just age and what i grew up with over the later stuff.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

eddie lee roth wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:16 pm I don’t get Dynasty ranked above the debut.
He thinks the songs are too plodding compared to alive.
VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:54 pm I thought Paul’s solo record was next best after Ace
Paul's 78 album is great. Huey just finds it too wimpy.
Last edited by pieceofme on Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Whose list is this again??
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

kytepunches wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:58 pm That looks about right to me.
Yeah I'm surprisingly in agreement with most of this.
Wild Obsession wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:35 am Tony Martin Black Sabbath is on the level of Gary Cherone Van Halen.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Huey, I'm surprised you're not more nostalgic for Animalize as that was your first KISS album. It was just its 40th anniversary the other day!

Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

I'd move the debut up, and Dynasty down
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Hueyramone, with A being, "A", what is "S"? Stellar? Why not make S your A? But then you'd have to make A your B, and C your D, and add an E at the end.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Rocker4Real
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by Rocker4Real »

What's an S rating?
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Maybe he started with "sucks" first to get those shitty albums out of the way.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

I want to hear Unmasked with Rock n Roll Over production, so if someone can make that happen I’d appreciate it.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:04 am I want to hear Unmasked with Rock n Roll Over production, so if someone can make that happen I’d appreciate it.
What do you suggest replacing the keyboard solo with?
Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 4:52 am Bernie Blowhard strikes again. Moron.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

cowpins wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:49 am Maybe he started with "sucks" first to get those shitty albums out of the way.
Superior?

Wiseacre
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Wiseacre »

Some really terrible choices. For starters DTK is the weakest of the original 6 and one of the weakest of them all. And Paul’s solo is actually better than Ace’s (aside from a couple outstanding Ace tunes). One ‘70s ballad recorded in the ‘70s (with a magnificent solo, BTW) does not make a great album suck.

Gene’s solo album is a pile of dog shit aside from a couple John Denver acoustic songs. Even Radioactive would have been filler buried on side two of any real KISS album. And who remakes their own song and makes it suck worse? See You in Your Dreams is easily the weakest songs of RARO.

Oh yeah, and the Elder is a masterpiece.
Last edited by Wiseacre on Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
TooOldToCare
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by TooOldToCare »

I don't listen to much KISS anymore, but my list shifts around. Some are consistently ranked low, but occasionally, I'll put the 80s stuff on more than the classic stuff. It was my high school/college days, so good times.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Those MISS solo CDs so overrated
I’m glad I don’t get the Kiss thing- music is all C at best

Shotgun Messiah I, III, III
Shotgun I..A
Shotgun II..A
Shotgun III..B

I would want to see Tim Skold over Miss at Rainbow Bash
Living Without You live better than anything Kiss has ever done
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

A guitar.

BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:52 am
Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:04 am I want to hear Unmasked with Rock n Roll Over production, so if someone can make that happen I’d appreciate it.
What do you suggest replacing the keyboard solo with?
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

How in the fuck do you have the debut album ranked as two tiers lower than "Hotter than Hell' and 'Dressed to Kill'??

And FFS, 'Destroyer' is the most overrated KISS album of all time. NOW, that's a C-level album.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:29 am How in the fuck do you have the debut album ranked as two tiers lower than "Hotter than Hell' and 'Dressed to Kill'??

And FFS, 'Destroyer' is the most overrated KISS album of all time. NOW, that's a C-level album.
Already answered in this thread. He thinks the production sucks and the songs are too plodding compared to alive

EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

pieceofme wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:32 am
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:29 am How in the fuck do you have the debut album ranked as two tiers lower than "Hotter than Hell' and 'Dressed to Kill'??

Already answered in this thread. He thinks the production sucks and the songs are too plodding compared to alive
But he likes the production on HOTTER THAN HELL?? LOL, ok. Maybe he was confused.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

cowpins wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:02 am Hueyramone, with A being, "A", what is "S"? Stellar? Why not make S your A? But then you'd have to make A your B, and C your D, and add an E at the end.
You guys are dating yourselves as geriatrics. I dont make the rules, but "S tier" is in the common lexicon as being the godlike tier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tier_list
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:41 am

But he likes the production on HOTTER THAN HELL?? LOL, ok. Maybe he was confused.
Every good song on the debut is on Alive, and done so much better, as to render the debut irrelevant. There is never a moment where I would ever listen to the debut, since Alive exists. HTH has lots of great songs that arent represented on Alive, so it's mandatory.
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

HueyRamone wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:44 am

Every good song on the debut is on Alive, and done so much better, as to render the debut irrelevant. There is never a moment where I would ever listen to the debut, since Alive exists. HTH has lots of great songs that arent represented on Alive, so it's mandatory.
If you are discounting one album due to the inclusion of same songs, why even include both of them on the same list - makes zero sense. I've seen these lists in other forums, should just include the studio records...no live records, and no solo records.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

HueyRamone wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:42 am
cowpins wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:02 am Hueyramone, with A being, "A", what is "S"? Stellar? Why not make S your A? But then you'd have to make A your B, and C your D, and add an E at the end.
You guys are dating yourselves as geriatrics. I dont make the rules, but "S tier" is in the common lexicon as being the godlike tier.

Ah..the first sentence says it all. "A tier list is a concept originating in video game culture where playable characters...". Now let that sink in. You're a grown ass man using video game references to rank your favorite KISS albums. Grown ass man, Huey.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:48 am
HueyRamone wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:44 am

If you are discounting one album due to the inclusion of same songs, why even include both of them on the same list - makes zero sense. I've seen these lists in other forums, should just include the studio records...no live records, and no solo records.
Well, too bad. This is My KISS tier list by me, Hueyramone (it's stated in the title) so it has to, and must, be my way.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

cowpins wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:49 am
HueyRamone wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:42 am

Ah..the first sentence says it all. "A tier list is a concept originating in video game culture where playable characters...". Now let that sink in. You're a grown ass man using video game references to rank your favorite KISS albums. Grown ass man, Huey.