Aerosmith Retires

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Aerosmith Retires

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Rush? They retired because even 1 1/2 steps down, Geddy could barely sing above a croak their last couple tours.
Wild Obsession wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:35 am Tony Martin Black Sabbath is on the level of Gary Cherone Van Halen.
kytepunches
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by kytepunches »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:47 pm Rush? They retired because even 1 1/2 steps down, Geddy could barely sing above a croak their last couple tours.
Their drummer was dying … there was that little inconvenience also.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

kytepunches wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 3:16 pm
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:47 pm Rush? They retired because even 1 1/2 steps down, Geddy could barely sing above a croak their last couple tours.
When they did their final tour, Neil Peart was not sick. He didn't get sick until 3 years later. Geddy's singing also was not the reason they were retiring.

Neil was the one who wanted to end things because playing the drums at his level was getting increasingly difficult and he didn't like touring much either. Alex Lifeson also has psoriatic arthritis which was also a bit of a factor, but really wasn't the main reason.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

risingfarce wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:04 pm I don't give a shit about success or respect. Aeroshit is crap.
But you desperately do. Your entire existence on this board shows your self-worth is tied to how others perceive KISS.
risingfarce wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:04 pm KISS is a concert experience. Aeroshit was just another band.
At one time, I was as big a KISS fan as anybody, but they ceased being an actual band decades ago. They've been a sad parody of themselves for most of the last 25 years.

The reunion tour was their last hurrah, everything after it was diminishing returns until they devolved into a tribute band and for their finale they resorted to fakery and fraud for the entirety of their final farewell tour because they felt entitled to milk their cash cow one final go round. Absolutely sad and unforgivable.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

veritas wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:51 am
pieceofme wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:35 pm A band i would have liked to see live. Oh well
I know, if only they have toured somewhat incessantly for the past 40+ years it might have been easier....
But alas, an Aerosmith concert was as hard to come by as a Faberge egg...
They never really played where I lived since I got into them back in 2000
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Has anybody done a welfare check on Mojo?

I’m going to tell him he’s got to find a new job.

Between that and now this I’m tired of wondering if he’s dead yet.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Did the Darkness retire while I wasn't paying attention?
ImageImage
JourneyRules
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by JourneyRules »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 9:30 am
LillianRoxyFA wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:19 am It was time for them to go, but sad news regardless. I wasn't deeply invested in 70s Aerosmith, so I don't buy into the hate for the later years. I saw them on the Permanent Vacation and Get a Grip tours and they were on fire.

Top 5 best live bands I've ever seen. Maybe not a huge accomplishment given the number of Ratt and Motley shows I've attended. 8)

I wonder if the Black Crowes are disappointed or relieved?
It's going to be twice as hard for them to sell tickets now.
That loss of revenue will be hard to handle.
DangerZone
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DangerZone »

JourneyRules wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:24 pm
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 9:30 am
LillianRoxyFA wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:19 am It was time for them to go, but sad news regardless. I wasn't deeply invested in 70s Aerosmith, so I don't buy into the hate for the later years. I saw them on the Permanent Vacation and Get a Grip tours and they were on fire.

Top 5 best live bands I've ever seen. Maybe not a huge accomplishment given the number of Ratt and Motley shows I've attended. 8)

I wonder if the Black Crowes are disappointed or relieved?
It's going to be twice as hard for them to sell tickets now.
That loss of revenue will be hard to handle.
y’all’s wit is making me jealous again
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

I just discovered these guys. They seemed cool. Too bad they're retiring, I figured they had a couple more decades in them.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

That's not really that far off from the truth.
Wild Obsession wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:35 am Tony Martin Black Sabbath is on the level of Gary Cherone Van Halen.
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

ijwthstd wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:05 pm The last show

UBS Arena, Elmont, NY 2023-09-09

https://youtu.be/LvWhV_GjR3g?si=WPKhvREe_lysLAI0
Wait. This means that the last song ever performed on tour by Aerosmith was HAPPY BIRTHDAY?

That'll be good trivia in 20 years.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Best thing about Aerosmith retiring this makes Mojo sad(hopefully)

OMG!!!!! Aerosh*t!!!!!! is GoNE!!!!!! BYE BYE KISS WANNaBEES!!!!!! ZZZZZZZ!
I BELIEVE IN A THing caLLED AeroSH*t retirement!!!!!LOL $$$$$$$
Hot Cakes CD suuccckkkksssss-ASS
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

magnersman wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:55 am
risingfarce wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:39 am
DangerZone wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:47 pm even if you were to take rising feces’ assessments serious, Kiss lip syncing puts them well behind Aerosmith.
The each had a choice during the final act
KISS wanted to say goodbye and they did.

Aeroshit wanted to say goodbye and didn't.
Aerosmith sold millions more than Kiss, more popular 70's, 80's and 90's.

How many multiplatinum albums do Kiss have?

Aerosmith will be remembered for music

Kiss will not. They are a joke.
Who cares? I think Aeroshit sucks. Saw them twice. They sucked both times. Then they became a soccer mom band. It triggers you that I think they suck and are overrated, particularly the asshole singer.

KISS was an event.

Aeroshit will be remembered as just another band full of drug addicts and alcoholics who sold out to play music for soccer moms.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

NeonKnite wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:20 am
risingfarce wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:39 am KISS wanted to say goodbye and they did.
KISS could have gone out with a shred of dignity, but saw clowns like you as marks that the could dupe into buying expensive tickets for complete fakery.

Seriously, how do you not have an ounce of self-respect to not be able to say no to blatant fraud?

They laugh at you.. and so do I.
Fuck dignity.

KISS went out on their longest tour (250 shows) and made millions of fans happy.

You laugh at yourself every time you look in a mirror. #Asshat

And the show wasn't "complete fakery". All members played their instruments. Gene, Eric, and Tommy sang live. In Paul's case, he sang live and lip-synched/sang to a backing track due to his vocal cord medical issue.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:22 am
NeonKnite wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:56 pm Why don't they call Syncin' Stanley for some guidance?
Because Aerosmith is Aerosmith, and Kiss is Kiss.

Big difference.
Paul still sang some parts live.

Tyler wouldn't have been able to sing at all.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 9:12 am
risingfarce wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:39 am
DangerZone wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:47 pm even if you were to take rising feces’ assessments serious, Kiss lip syncing puts them well behind Aerosmith.
The each had a choice during the final act
KISS wanted to say goodbye and they did.

Aeroshit wanted to say goodbye and didn't.

Kiss didn't say goodbye.

Kiss played their final show like it was any other on their sad, stale Memorex tour without straying from the click track or offering a hint of gratitude, appreciation or sentimentality.

The only difference was they tacked on a commercial at the end to give their fans yet something else to buy, which is the most "Kiss" thing they could've possibly done.
The band said goodbye and so did I.

The last tour was promoted as a party, not a funeral. Paul made that clear.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

kytepunches wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 3:16 pm
He didn't have cancer during the last tour.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

NeonKnite wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:23 pm
risingfarce wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:04 pm I don't give a shit about success or respect. Aeroshit is crap.
But you desperately do. Your entire existence on this board shows your self-worth is tied to how others perceive KISS.
risingfarce wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:04 pm KISS is a concert experience. Aeroshit was just another band.
At one time, I was as big a KISS fan as anybody, but they ceased being an actual band decades ago. They've been a sad parody of themselves for most of the last 25 years.

The reunion tour was their last hurrah, everything after it was diminishing returns until they devolved into a tribute band and for their finale they resorted to fakery and fraud for the entirety of their final farewell tour because they felt entitled to milk their cash cow one final go round. Absolutely sad and unforgivable.
Don't give a shit what you or anyone else thinks of KISS or any other bands that I like.

The band was a tribute band circa 1996 to 2000, 2001.

Their reunion and that entire era (1996 to 2000, 2001) sucked because of the two drug addicts/alcoholics. That's when they stopped being a real band. When those two POS were gone and replaced by Eric and Tommy, that's when KISS was a band again. That's when they went into the studio twice and created two studio cds with only the bands' involvement and no outside writers and musicians.

KISS rents space in your head. I love that.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

risingfarce wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:19 am The band said goodbye and so did I.

It was a party. A retirement party for Paul and Gene laughing all the way to the bank on the backs of emotionally stunted 50 year old men who still play with KISS dolls.

Paul made it clear that he despises his fans and has zero respect for them by faking an entire 4 year tour. He clearly thinks the lot of you are absolute imbeciles and wouldn't be able to tell that the vocals are phony or wouldn't care that they are. You clearly fall into the latter category, which makes you an even bigger fool. You don't have enough self-respect to say enough's enough. You'll probably be front and center for whatever shit show the avatars end up being... and you'll feel giddy because this makes you a big fan to just take whatever they slap off your chin.

50 years as a band, and in the last 5 they decide that money matters more than absolutely everything else, so they make a complete mockery of themselves. Congratulations!
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

risingfarce wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:33 am Their reunion and that entire era (1996 to 2000, 2001) sucked because of the two drug addicts/alcoholics. That's when they stopped being a real band.
Go watch those 1996 Reunion Tour shows and compare to EOTR Tour shows. The 1996 shows were infinitely better. They weren't tired, going through the motions, sad, slow, tired and pathetic like they were for the entire EOTR tour and most of the decade before it.

And I'd rather have two guys who help define the band and were there when it most counted most and contributed to creating the classic KISS that everyone loved over two soulless, personality-less, yes men, who are simply there to copy the real guys. They don't matter.

Sonic Boom and Monster are garbage. Purely derivative, blatantly copying your past, wastes of time.
risingfarce wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:33 am KISS rents space in your head. I love that.
I moved on years ago, but when I see stupidity like yours, I love to make fun. Really, grow up a bit. Your self-worth shouldn't be tied to a rock band.

Thankfully, there are many other great bands (new / old) that I enjoy.

Alice Cooper still crushes it every night. He's doesn't need to pretend. He won't ever resort to faking it and making a mockery of his career.

That's how the big boys do it.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

risingfarce wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:33 am KISS rents space in your head.
Says the guy who hates Aerosmith, but can't stop talking about them. :lol:
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

rancidfarts wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:33 am

Don't give a shit what you or anyone else thinks of KISS or any other bands that I like.

Says the assclown who's writing PhD thesis length posts defending SHITE.
ImageImage
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

NeonKnite wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 3:09 am
risingfarce wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:19 am The band said goodbye and so did I.

It was a party. A retirement party for Paul and Gene laughing all the way to the bank on the backs of emotionally stunted 50 year old men who still play with KISS dolls.

Paul made it clear that he despises his fans and has zero respect for them by faking an entire 4 year tour. He clearly thinks the lot of you are absolute imbeciles and wouldn't be able to tell that the vocals are phony or wouldn't care that they are. You clearly fall into the latter category, which makes you an even bigger fool. You don't have enough self-respect to say enough's enough. You'll probably be front and center for whatever shit show the avatars end up being... and you'll feel giddy because this makes you a big fan to just take whatever they slap off your chin.

50 years as a band, and in the last 5 they decide that money matters more than absolutely everything else, so they make a complete mockery of themselves. Congratulations!

I love it that I rent space in your head.

You can't help yourself.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

NeonKnite wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 3:27 am
risingfarce wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:33 am Their reunion and that entire era (1996 to 2000, 2001) sucked because of the two drug addicts/alcoholics. That's when they stopped being a real band.
Go watch those 1996 Reunion Tour shows and compare to EOTR Tour shows. The 1996 shows were infinitely better. They weren't tired, going through the motions, sad, slow, tired and pathetic like they were for the entire EOTR tour and most of the decade before it.

And I'd rather have two guys who help define the band and were there when it most counted most and contributed to creating the classic KISS that everyone loved over two soulless, personality-less, yes men, who are simply there to copy the real guys. They don't matter.

Sonic Boom and Monster are garbage. Purely derivative, blatantly copying your past, wastes of time.
risingfarce wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:33 am KISS rents space in your head. I love that.
I moved on years ago, but when I see stupidity like yours, I love to make fun. Really, grow up a bit. Your self-worth shouldn't be tied to a rock band.

Thankfully, there are many other great bands (new / old) that I enjoy.

Alice Cooper still crushes it every night. He's doesn't need to pretend. He won't ever resort to faking it and making a mockery of his career.

That's how the big boys do it.
1996, you had a shitty "drummer" who should never have been on a stage and an alcoholic, drug addicted waste of space on lead guitar.

2004, you had a band again.

You haven't moved on. You're still talking about the band.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

Tenacious_Dio wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:08 am
risingfarce wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:33 am KISS rents space in your head.
Says the guy who hates Aerosmith, but can't stop talking about them. :lol:
They quit. I made a comment. Took a few seconds to type.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:27 am
rancidfarts wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:33 am

Says the assclown who's writing PhD thesis length posts defending SHITE.
You're the assclown who reads every single word that I type.