When did Vince Neil get so big?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

DonJuanDeMarco
Debut Album Goes Gold

When did Vince Neil get so big?

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

I stumbled upon a video clip of Vince from the Exposed era and thought he was still looking really good. Bigger but still healthy looking. That got me thinking, when exactly did he lose it?

Here is a good photo timeline:
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/vince-n ... ly-photos/

Looking through here it was 2012 where he grew his fat face. That 2nd neck/chin came out.

But then when I look at the photos again backwards, it was clear that he started losing it immediately after Motley (around '92).

Was it the death of Skylar (his daughter)? Has he just been on one long drinking and eating binge? Even in the 80's he had his chubby phases but that was more obvious alcohol bloating.

Did manager Doc McGee watch him closely during those years? And after Doc, no one was there to say "Hey Vince...you're getting fat and you're not singing all the words"!

Or was he just destined to be big? Metabolism slows down with age.

Anyway..these are my thoughts on the subject. Maybe I'll think about his nose and his hairline next! How many different noses has the guy had over the years? :)
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: When did Vince Neil get so big?

Post by Love_Industry »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:54 am
But then when I look at the photos again backwards, it was clear that he started losing it immediately after Motley (around '92).

Was it the death of Skylar (his daughter)? Has he just been on one long drinking and eating binge?
I think you nailed it. Losing Skylar shortly after getting fired from Mötley was the end of happy partying Vince and the beginning of depressed Vince using sex, drugs, food and alcohol to escape his pain. And he was never the most mature or psychologically stable person to start with.

The Dirt is what it is but I believe Sixx (?) When he says he had a crying Vince on the phone and he was in an unimaginably dark place when Skylar died.
Olivia Sophia
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by Olivia Sophia »

Needs to seek help.

I'm thinking of Gandolfini
MattleyCrue
Headlining Clubs

Post by MattleyCrue »

Vince still looks cool in 2024 in my opinion
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

The coolest.

Wild Obsession wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:35 am Tony Martin Black Sabbath is on the level of Gary Cherone Van Halen.
DangerZone
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DangerZone »

MattleyCrue wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 5:28 pm Vince still looks cool in 2024 in my opinion
of course he does.

And he looks like this after plastic surgery & who knows what else.
joey78
Headlining Clubs

Post by joey78 »

His weight gain was noticeable on the Afraid video in 1997
Indy_Rob
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Indy_Rob »

In the collage posted above, he was starting to fill out in '94.