2025 tours?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Hair I Go Again
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

2025 tours?

Post by Hair I Go Again »

OK, so no Poison until 2026. What's in the cards for next summer? Guessing AC/DC will bring their stadium tour to the States. That'll surely be the rock tour to beat, but any buzz on anything else in the works?
MattleyCrue
Headlining Clubs

Re: 2025 tours?

Post by MattleyCrue »

GNR probably doing another summer run
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

The Who and AC/DC. AC/DC's tour was originally supposed to start a few weeks earlier and include Italy and some other cities so maybe more European shows too.

The Rolling Stones will (hopefully) do their customary 15 shows somewhere, probably Europe but will push the announcement as far out as possible.

Bruce Springsteen had to postpone a few European shows to next year so I am sure he will just continue his tour.

In an interview on Lefsetz with the guy behind Aftershock and some of the other festivals said an issue with 2024 festivals was just not enough top tier headliners available but says it won't be an issue in 2025.

Wondering if Oasis will do the US before or after England.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
Hair I Go Again

Sonic Temple (one of the Danny Wimmer fests, aka "the guy behind Aftershock") just posted that one of their 2025 headliners is "the most requested band to play Sonic Temple of all-time" and "one of the undisputed, greatest Rock & Metal bands in history."

I don't think AC/DC needs Sonic Temple. They can fill up a stadium on their own. Guessing Metallica? They've done other Wimmer fests, but not Sonic Temple. I think it'll seem like a letdown, though.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Hair I Go Again wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:53 am Sonic Temple (one of the Danny Wimmer fests, aka "the guy behind Aftershock") just posted that one of their 2025 headliners is "the most requested band to play Sonic Temple of all-time" and "one of the undisputed, greatest Rock & Metal bands in history."

I don't think AC/DC needs Sonic Temple. They can fill up a stadium on their own. Guessing Metallica? They've done other Wimmer fests, but not Sonic Temple. I think it'll seem like a letdown, though.
AC/DC - I mean if their fee is met and the fact that any US tour will be 15 dates tops could be a possibility and the midwest might not be able to support too many stadium shows with $500 tickets. Iron Maiden? Led Zeppelin :D :D :D

Probably Metallica. But I think AC/DC will do the remaining European dates that were penciled in this year in the Spring then move on to the US assuming they continue the tour. Chris Chaney can safely wait by the phone without wondering if that's AC/DC or Jane's Addiction calling.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Sounds like Hagar wants to shit out a new album to capitalise on his VH cashgrab tour and then probably do a second leg.
Tommy2Tone84 wrote: I used to worship these clowns.
HottKarl777
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by HottKarl777 »

Pantera is going to milk it dry. They have no shame. Zakk and Charlie are making more loot than they ever did in their lives.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

The Cult?
Ghost?
Primus/APC/Puscifer
Janes Addiction?????????
Metallica
The 69 Eyes?
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Metallica and Foo Fighters pretty much play every year. Throw in Green Day but it will likely be festivals / out of the way shows til demand resets for another stadium tour.

Actually the question should be who isn't touring in 2025 other than Poison.
Spongie

Post by Spongie »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:20 pm The Cult?
Ghost?
Primus/APC/Puscifer
Janes Addiction?????????
Metallica
The 69 Eyes?
I’d like to see Ghost. My worry though is after the movie and doing sheds and the forum last year that Livenation will package them in stadiums next time around.

Is that a legit possibility? Last year I would’ve said that’s a stretch, but now I’m not so sure.
LitaStrauss
Picking a Band Name

Post by LitaStrauss »

Alice Cooper will be out as he is every year. I just hope it's not with Rob Zombie again, as he's done two summers in a row with him.

The Darkness have a new record coming out next year so they'll be out in the states.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Probably stuff I forgot to add but hopefully Rose Tattoo happens this time

1/18/25 Frank Black @ Orpheum Theatre

1/19/25 CSS @ The Regent

2/27/25 Soccer Mommy / Hana Vu @ The Wiltern

3/6/25 Rose Tattoo / Enuff Z Nuff @ Whisky A Go Go

3/7/25 Rose Tattoo / Jetboy @ Whisky A Go Go

3/28/25 Refused / Quicksand @ Shrine Expo Hall

5/3/25 Jesus Lizard @ Fonda Theatre
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

ijwthstd wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:57 pm Metallica and Foo Fighters pretty much play every year. Throw in Green Day but it will likely be festivals / out of the way shows til demand resets for another stadium tour.

JA.
Wild Obsession wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:35 am Tony Martin Black Sabbath is on the level of Gary Cherone Van Halen.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

ijwthstd wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:08 pm 1/19/25 CSS @ The Regent
3/28/25 Refused / Quicksand @ Shrine Expo Hall
Two headline bands I didn't know were back, and that I missed first time round. I thought the guy who wrote all the songs in CSS fell out w/t front-women because they took all the credit (and the money and celeb lifestyle) whilst giving near-zero real input. I don't recall why Refused split up; maybe they thought they couldn't top The Shape Of Punk To Come. David Sandström's album as The Faint Sounds of Shovelled Earth was superb too. Will need to check out both to see if they're coming my way.

Neither very Sludge, I know, but that's life.

ETA that it turns out I missed years of re-formed Refused. Time to catch up.
MattleyCrue
Headlining Clubs

Post by MattleyCrue »

Any one know the Metallica dates?
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

Still waiting for the "Go To Hell" tour:

Ghost
Cooper
Zombie
Manson
Wednesday 13
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

ijwthstd wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:08 pm5/3/25 Jesus Lizard @ Fonda Theatre
One of my favorite bands, I'm FINALLY seeing them in November. My first time seeing them, I'm pretty pumped.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
VinceVanLane
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by VinceVanLane »

gtshark1 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:54 pm Still waiting for the "Go To Hell" tour:

Ghost
Cooper
Zombie
Manson
Wednesday 13
One of those names is not like the others! The only way Wednesday 13 would be there is if he's selling hotdogs or merch.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:35 am
ijwthstd wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:08 pm5/3/25 Jesus Lizard @ Fonda Theatre
One of my favorite bands, I'm FINALLY seeing them in November. My first time seeing them, I'm pretty pumped.
Seriously one of the greatest live bands ever.

David Yow still rides the crowd all night, the only problem is if they are too old and decrepit to hold him up. Thankfully this last time in June (unlike 2017) the crowd was somewhat refreshed with youngsters.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Hair I Go Again wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:53 am Sonic Temple (one of the Danny Wimmer fests, aka "the guy behind Aftershock") just posted that one of their 2025 headliners is "the most requested band to play Sonic Temple of all-time" and "one of the undisputed, greatest Rock & Metal bands in history."

Metallica was supposed to be a Sonic Temple headliner (or was it still Rock on the Range) in 2020, but Covid canceled the festival.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

TooOldToCare wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:12 am

Metallica was supposed to be a Sonic Temple headliner (or was it still Rock on the Range) in 2020, but Covid canceled the festival.
Metallica confirmed for summer 2025 US tour Inc Sonic Temple.
https://www.metallica.com/news/2024-09- ... -2025.html
Hair I Go Again

Aside: Of all the support bands to pick from, they go with Limp Bizkit. I know it's not the first time, but still.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

GoodJudge wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:02 am
TooOldToCare wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:12 am

Metallica confirmed for summer 2025 US tour Inc Sonic Temple.
https://www.metallica.com/news/2024-09- ... -2025.html
I consider myself aged out of the festival concert model. I was last at Rock on the Range in 2014 or 15 (so still in my 40s). It was a hot freaking spring, there is very little shade at the venue, and it smells like piss and warm beer. And for me, many of the 2nd and 3rd stage bands are filler.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

The Cult
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Spongie wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:15 am
TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:20 pm The Cult?
Ghost?
Primus/APC/Puscifer
Janes Addiction?????????
Metallica
The 69 Eyes?
I’d like to see Ghost. My worry though is after the movie and doing sheds and the forum last year that Livenation will package them in stadiums next time around.

Is that a legit possibility? Last year I would’ve said that’s a stretch, but now I’m not so sure.

I hope not. Happy for their success but i miss seeing them in theatres. I will go wherever theyre playing though
RockSkar wrote:
Itwalksamongus wrote:
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:10 pm
ijwthstd wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:57 pm Metallica and Foo Fighters pretty much play every year. Throw in Green Day but it will likely be festivals / out of the way shows til demand resets for another stadium tour.

JA.

I disagree, i bet janes regroups for 2025
RockSkar wrote:
Itwalksamongus wrote:
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

MattleyCrue wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:17 pm Any one know the Metallica dates?

Google or social media is your friend
RockSkar wrote:
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Playboyliquor59

Post by Playboyliquor59 »

Blink 182/Green day pop disaster 2 tour. Multiple nights at stadiums
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Looks like Metallica figured out there aren't enough fans with OCD to double their draw just because they change the setlist.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Playboyliquor59 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 7:44 am Blink 182/Green day pop disaster 2 tour. Multiple nights at stadiums
Whoah for real? I guess throwing the 2 together even though everyone has had plenty of chances to see them might mean they don't have to take a few years off to reset demand. Or not. I thought Smashing Pumpkins was a total mismatch but at least it was opening act set, not co-headline.