Jane's Addiction Boston - Dave and Perry FIGHT!

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Van Ailin'
Headlining Clubs

Re: Jane's Addiction Boston - Dave and Perry FIGHT!

Post by Van Ailin' »

FreddyFender wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:52 pm
Lobo wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:01 pm How did a useless addict like him manage to convince his bandmates and the woman that helped him create the bands image sign over the lion's share of the money to him?
Kinda weird.
You answered your own question - he was older and wiser than they were. Knew how to play the game.

I get the feeling he came from money - like many of the super-artsy types you meet, he was probably out in LA cosplaying as a vagabond artist.

Family lawyer probably told him what to do and how to do it.
Not quite. His mother died when he was 3 years old. His father was a jeweler but not a super-successful one. His dad spent Perry's money from high school jobs so Perry came out to LA without much money. His father (perhaps to save the independent jeweler business) had gotten tight with the mob in Miami. Escaping them is part of why he left. Sounds like a tall tale, but I believe it's been verified. But by the time of JA, he'd already been out there quite a few years, having also worked in construction and roofing. He'd started to develop a taste for drugs already, but he knew things about surviving that they didn't. Wouldn't shock me if he got some advice from one of his dad's friends in the mob about how to preserve money in the music business, especially given mob ties to the music business in the 70s and 80s.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Van Ailin' wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:14 pm Not quite. His mother died when he was 3 years old.
She commited suicide.
Van Ailin'
Headlining Clubs

Post by Van Ailin' »

mullet_head wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:44 pm
Van Ailin' wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:14 pm Not quite. His mother died when he was 3 years old.
She commited suicide.
Which is dying.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Van Ailin' wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:14 pm
FreddyFender wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:52 pm
Lobo wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:01 pm How did a useless addict like him manage to convince his bandmates and the woman that helped him create the bands image sign over the lion's share of the money to him?
Kinda weird.
You answered your own question - he was older and wiser than they were. Knew how to play the game.

I get the feeling he came from money - like many of the super-artsy types you meet, he was probably out in LA cosplaying as a vagabond artist.

Family lawyer probably told him what to do and how to do it.
Not quite. His mother died when he was 3 years old. His father was a jeweler but not a super-successful one. His dad spent Perry's money from high school jobs so Perry came out to LA without much money. His father (perhaps to save the independent jeweler business) had gotten tight with the mob in Miami. Escaping them is part of why he left. Sounds like a tall tale, but I believe it's been verified. But by the time of JA, he'd already been out there quite a few years, having also worked in construction and roofing. He'd started to develop a taste for drugs already, but he knew things about surviving that they didn't. Wouldn't shock me if he got some advice from one of his dad's friends in the mob about how to preserve money in the music business, especially given mob ties to the music business in the 70s and 80s.
Yeah - strongarm your way into a greater percentage of the publishing royalties. He learned from the best...
Wild Obsession wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:35 am Tony Martin Black Sabbath is on the level of Gary Cherone Van Halen.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Van Ailin' wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:52 pm
She commited suicide.
Which is dying.
No, that's the result.
Van Ailin'
Headlining Clubs

Post by Van Ailin' »

mullet_head wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:11 pm

She commited suicide.
Which is dying.
No, that's the result.
Exactly. He said his mother died when he was 3. That is accurate. It's OK to wear a mullet, but it's not becoming to act like a mullet-brain.
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Anthrax442 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:40 am
FreddyFender wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:34 am They should boot him from the tour and finish it with a sub if possible, TBH.

I've worked with addicts for a long time. Tough love is the best medicine - sitting on the outside watching everything happen without you due to your addiction is as strong of a motivator as there is.
Who the hell is going to replace Perry? I mean, you can get a random new front person, but the guy is a one of one, even as fucked up as he is. That would be like Guns N Roses wanting to sub in someone for a few shows. I mean, yeah, Miles could probably do it, but would anyone really want to hear it?

What’s Stephen Shereaux and Matt Kramer up to these days?
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Van Ailin' wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:31 pm
mullet_head wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:11 pm

Which is dying.
No, that's the result.
Exactly. He said his mother died when he was 3. That is accurate. It's OK to wear a mullet, but it's not becoming to act like a mullet-brain.
Who said it wasn't accurate?

Did you think I meant to imply that she was still alive when I mentioned that she committed suicide?
No shit, people who commit suicide die.

- JFK died in 1963.
- He was assassinated.
- Which is dying.

You just like to argue, don't you?
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Van Ailin' wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:13 pm
Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:58 pm The best part is Eric A pummeling him backstage.
He didn't. Was onstage - you can see in the video. And despite her drama (that's what she does), none of them really landed anyway.
Okay.

Anyway, I think Fairy Peril might have dementia. He's always come across like a space case but lately he's like if Biden had electroshock therapy.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
SexxAtraxxion
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by SexxAtraxxion »

new song "True Love" released

:arrow: https://youtu.be/0nJ-pYlt6Qc
My music library at last.fm:
https://www.last.fm/user/JonathanHalen
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

SexxAtraxxion wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:42 am new song "True Love" released

That other new song they put out was really bad - the awkward political lyrics sounded like they were written on the spot.

This.... is really good. On the level of pre-91 breakup Janes.

Fitting that it doesn't come out until the band is gone.
Neil Diamond Dave
Recording Debut Album

Post by Neil Diamond Dave »

FreddyFender wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:27 am
SexxAtraxxion wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:42 am new song "True Love" released

That other new song they put out was really bad - the awkward political lyrics sounded like they were written on the spot.

This.... is really good. On the level of pre-91 breakup Janes.

Fitting that it doesn't come out until the band is gone.
You're not kidding - That is great. Most of the great JA songs start with a nice Eric bass riff. He seems to bring the gothic to this one. All four members really have four unique ingredients that make up such a great stew.

This must have been contractually obligated to come out during this date, now that the band is really no more. I wonder if they have anything more in the can that will come out?
SexxAtraxxion
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by SexxAtraxxion »

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DAFgsEuJRH1/

Dave Navarro's post via Instagram:
"New Jane’s Addiction track released today, True Love. I am proud of the work we did on this song but I am equally saddened by the fact that you will likely never hear it live. I’d also like to publicly apologize to our crew, @crawlersband and their crew and to @loveandrocketsofficial and their crew. Thanks for being our travel companions for as long as you did. I am gutted that things ended this way and that so many jobs were lost as a result. May all of our hearts mend together."
My music library at last.fm:
https://www.last.fm/user/JonathanHalen
Zabooka
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Zabooka »

SKID ROW's SCOTTI HILL Says He Could Relate To JANE'S ADDICTION Onstage Altercation In 'Many Different Ways'

As for some fans' constant calls for a reunion with former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach, Scotti said: "I understand why people want that, but it wouldn't be how they remembered it. It wouldn't be what they expected. They would be disappointed. We would be unhappy. We just saw what happens when you try to do something like that, and we're talking about JANE'S ADDICTION [and the recent onstage altercation between singer Perry Farrell and guitarist Dave Navarro]. And it's terrible what happened to those guys; I feel terrible for them. But some reunions maybe shouldn't happen. I don't know… And there's a lot on the line. Their whole crew — I mean, those guys… Boom, just like that, 'Okay. You're out of work.' That's affecting a good amount of people and affecting their families, it affects the band, the people that put tours together. The average fan doesn't understand how many parts there are to make this thing happen. So, yeah, it's, it sucks what happened with that whole thing, but I hope everybody comes through it healthy and back on their feet. When I saw that go down, I could relate to it on many different ways — many ways. I've been on both sides of that coin."

LINK: https://blabbermouth.net/news/skid-rows ... W5kJeHZMig