Bret Michaels - "Show Me Your Hits: A Salute To Poison"

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

_underscore_
Headlining Clubs

Bret Michaels - "Show Me Your Hits: A Salute To Poison"

Post by _underscore_ »

Weirdest cash-grab I've ever heard. I listened to this at the gym on a whim assuming it was gonna be inferior re-recordings of his hits to use for licensing so he gets a bigger cut of profit (or, as it's now known, "Taylor's version"), but it wasn't even close to that. He did something far more interesting, and way, way more bizarre. Here's a rundown:

1) Look What the Cat Dragged In - this is a new arrangement and is a scream-o/nu-metal track. That's right, Bret Michaels doing scream-o vocals. It's wild and you gotta hear it.

2) Talk Dirty To Me - this is a punk version of the pop-metal classic. Worth a listen.

3) Fallen Angel - new version of Fallen Angel sounds like when 70s Rolling Stones did country. Nice tune.

4) Something To Believe In - just a stripped down version. Nothing too interesting here.

5) Nothin But a Good Time - not sure how to explain this. It's looser than the original, almost more of a 70s glam vibe than the original classic. Interesting re-take.

6) I Want Action - industrial version of the classic tune. I hate it. But you need to listen to it.

7) Unskinny Bop - guest vocals by Pauly Shore. Wildly offensive lyrics. Not funny. Will listen a million more times because it's a wild take.

8) Stand - stripped down version. nothing too interesting.

9) So Tell Me Why - one of my favorite Poison songs, but this feels like an inferior re-recording without doing anything interesting to the song.

10) Doin' As I Seen On My TV - not a song I'm super familiar with (I always skip it when I listen to Crack A Smile) but it's fine here. Nothing wildly out of place about it.

11) Every Rose Has Its Thorn - inferior solo acoustic version

I urge you to take a listen if you're a Poison fan; I was certainly entertained and it made my treadmill session fly by.
Rocker4Real
Recording Debut Album

Re: Bret Michaels - "Show Me Your Hits: A Salute To Poison"

Post by Rocker4Real »

Many of those songs weren't hits.
schlonginski
Opening for Slaughter

Post by schlonginski »

Yeah not supporting Bert by even listening to this. Could have been a cool Poison CD though.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Sounds cool, but it's a missed opportunity to have a chick with huge gazongas on the cover.

Therefore, wallet closed!