CRAZY Concert Stories

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: CRAZY Concert Stories

Post by Hellsinkey »

At a Bloodhound Gang show, the singer Jimmy Pop spotted someone in the audience wearing Scream mask. He offered the guy money to come and jerk off on stage. Which he did. 😅 Also at the same show, the bass player pissed on the singer"s head. Nothing I've seen off stage at a show has been crazier than that gig.
Metal Judge
Headlining Clubs

Post by Metal Judge »

Hellsinkey wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:26 am At a Bloodhound Gang show, the singer Jimmy Pop spotted someone in the audience wearing Scream mask. He offered the guy money to come and jerk off on stage. Which he did. 😅 Also at the same show, the bass player pissed on the singer"s head. Nothing I've seen off stage at a show has been crazier than that gig.
Sounds like this band and The Impotent Sea Snakes need to do a tour together.
VanDokken
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by VanDokken »

Stanley_Muscat_Guns wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:13 am Two key memories, both Crue shows:

1. The infamous Greensboro riot. 8th row center. Security was acting like neanderthals.
2. Corabi Tour 1994, Raleigh, N.C., mostly empty amphitheatre (maybe 1,500 in the seating pavilion), couple engaging in intercourse in the row behind us.
ah yes the infamous GSO Crue show. I worked for the local ABC station and we had the “exclusive” video and ran with it. Ended up at some point interviewing the band via satellite….always made me laugh because our lead anchor was def not a Crue type.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

daveg wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:47 pm Bon Jovi Right at the end of the Slippery Tour.
Was really hot out and line was really long.
2 big guys, both drunk, started chirping at each other.. something about looking at thier bitches the wrong way.

So they start to square up..fists in the air..when a loudspeaker blares "doors open in 5..please have your tickets ready".
One guy blurts out. I wanna get a good spot let's speed this up. Other guy says one punch each. Flip a coin who goes first.
So they flip...loser puts hands behind back, and other guy slugs him, and I thought killed him. But he stands back up. First guy puts hands down and gets smashed to the ground .
Then he helps other guy up, and they both just turn around like nothing happened and ignore each other
I thought I was a bit of a badass at 17, until I saw that
Cant believe two guys as hard as that, were gonna watch a night of Bon fucking Jovi.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Newsted's FU Money
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by Newsted's FU Money »

Yeah, true hard men cosplay as Nikki Sixx.
TREVERLAST

Post by TREVERLAST »

ijwthstd wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:14 am Nov 9 1990 Judas Priest / Megadeth / Testament @ LA Sports Arena

I am on the far side, last section before the production kills. I see a couple walk up the stairs then into the last row of the next section and disappear. I soon start seeing the top of his bobbing over the chairs as he bangs her for a song or two. Soon they go down the stairs and disappear.

Barely get a notice now but crazy at 17.

Some of the more notable injuries I wish I could un-see:

June 8 1991 AC/DC + LA Guns Irvine Meadows - a guy fell over the lawn railing and landed on his head on the aisle several feet below. His friends jumped down and helped him back to the lawn. He had his head in his hands then soon they all left. Wonder how permanent the damage was and if he is still alive.

Saw something similar during Rob Zombie, again in Irvine, at Five Points. Only saw the aftermath but a massive dude fell over the railing at the front of the bleacher section. His companion, another drunk fat dude, actually grabbed an EMT and threw him off so he could check himself and was eventually tackled and restrained by security. Eventually the victim was put on a stretcher and carried out and eventually the other dude was let up to follow the stretcher.

OZZFEST 2004, great orchestra seats but during Slayer a pit broke out in the center aisle and some drunk dudes too old for that decided to join. One suffered a compound fracture. He was moaning and wincing, then deadpanned and said "I'm so drunk" then went back to moaning.
I came on here to mention that AC/DC & L.A Guns show too. I saw the dude laying on the floor. I'll never forget this night because my older brother was driving & he got a DUI after the concert.
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

the late 70's. almost every concert had people so stoned on something they would get in a circle and cluck like chickens while flapping their wings ..

rock on the range...Mennonite guy crowd surfing over and over in his everyday clothes (blue shirt black pants) including black brim hat. also, three people in T rex costumes surfing on the wet floor with beer boxes after a torrential rain. And one guy in a wheelchair crowd surfing.
two guys getting into a slapping fight at a John Mellencamp concert a few years ago. No punches thrown; it was a slap fest.
I had spoken about this before here. Evansville Indiana during the KISS concert 1978, the guy in the light tower fell to the floor during Gene's solo.
seeing people puke used to be normal...
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

HueyRamone wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:52 am
daveg wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:47 pm Bon Jovi Right at the end of the Slippery Tour.
Was really hot out and line was really long.
2 big guys, both drunk, started chirping at each other.. something about looking at thier bitches the wrong way.

So they start to square up..fists in the air..when a loudspeaker blares "doors open in 5..please have your tickets ready".
One guy blurts out. I wanna get a good spot let's speed this up. Other guy says one punch each. Flip a coin who goes first.
So they flip...loser puts hands behind back, and other guy slugs him, and I thought killed him. But he stands back up. First guy puts hands down and gets smashed to the ground .
Then he helps other guy up, and they both just turn around like nothing happened and ignore each other
I thought I was a bit of a badass at 17, until I saw that
Cant believe two guys as hard as that, were gonna watch a night of Bon fucking Jovi.
Maybe that's why they were so angry.
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

Hellsinkey wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:26 am At a Bloodhound Gang show, the singer Jimmy Pop spotted someone in the audience wearing Scream mask. He offered the guy money to come and jerk off on stage. Which he did. 😅 Also at the same show, the bass player pissed on the singer"s head. Nothing I've seen off stage at a show has been crazier than that gig.
Saw a show by a guy named Extreme Elvis...he did the entire first Sabbath album backed by a marching band, with him singing it in the Elvis voice...it was actually really good. They did all of the guitar solos and stuff with trumpets and stuff.

He ALSO got naked and pissed on the crowd with his micropenis from on top of a bar. This was 2004-ish, and he had the names of 9/11 victims written all over his body.

At the end of the show, they had soldiers come out, tie him to a chair, shave his head, put one of those Abu-Ghraib hood things on him and led him out of the building. He never did another show.

All-in all, it wasn't the weirdest night I have had in Hollywood :lol:
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

Cindy Buzzedimisa

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

Watching the band Hed get yanked off the stage and thrown out the front door followed by their equipment because they tried to incite a riot. I worked at the venue and they were complete assholes to the staff and their fans weren't much better so I couldn't have been happier. We were openly pointing and laughing our asses off.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Sleek wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:32 am
Saw a show by a guy named Extreme Elvis...he did the entire first Sabbath album backed by a marching band, with him singing it in the Elvis voice...it was actually really good. They did all of the guitar solos and stuff with trumpets and stuff.

He ALSO got naked and pissed on the crowd with his micropenis from on top of a bar. This was 2004-ish, and he had the names of 9/11 victims written all over his body.

At the end of the show, they had soldiers come out, tie him to a chair, shave his head, put one of those Abu-Ghraib hood things on him and led him out of the building. He never did another show.

WTF! He stood on the bar and pissed on the crowd? People weren't throwing bottles and shit at him?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

A local thrash show with 3-4 bands at a club in Gothenburg, early 90s.
Valcyrie and Intoxicated may have been two of the bands :)

A massively fat headbanger got on stage and tried to stagedive.
He jumped off the stage and the crowd just split, leaving him to fall face first on the floor.

He never got up and was unconscious, the ambulance came and they had to carry him out on a stretcher.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

At The Exploited in May at the Regent, there was a toddler on someone's shoulders throughout the show but halfway through they actually went through the pit at the front of the stage with the kid on their shoulders. There was crazy stagediving all night but thankfully no one took the kid out. It might have been good for the gene pool but bad for the venue and bad for shows in LA.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Sleek wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:32 am At the end of the show, they had soldiers come out, tie him to a chair, shave his head, put one of those Abu-Ghraib hood things on him and led him out of the building. He never did another show.

"I'm just here for the irony and the dancing."
Metal Judge
Headlining Clubs

Post by Metal Judge »

Here's another...

Few years ago at a club in Corona,CA called M15. George Lynch is playing. Behind the club a couple dudes standing around and their buddy is lying down on the grass landscape against the club. This goes on for 20 or so minutes and he never moves. I'm watch and really curious about the friend so I go over and ask the guys about their friend. They tell me, he does this all the time when he gets hammered at shows. I say ok but he don't look right. I walk away and keep watching. 30 or so minutes later the ambulance comes,they work on him. The guy died right there. Totally fucked up.
I saw GL backstage and he got word and he was sad about it.
Playboyliquor59
Recording Debut Album

Post by Playboyliquor59 »

Forgot about this night. Someone took a dump in the middle of the crowd.
https://consequence.net/2021/09/turnstile-poop-moshpit/
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

June 9th 1984

This was just 3 months after seeing Ozzy & Motley Crue where my life changed... so I was fresh into Heavy Metal.

Madison Wisconsin Dane County Coliseum, Judas Priest with openers Great White... this was the original Great White 4 piece line-up singing "Stick It" and "Street Killer", etc..

In the middle of the GW set, uniformed Police and officials walk on stage, the band stops... and there is a short discussion.

One of the officials takes to the lead singer's mic, and says; "There is a Tornado on the ground, just west of the arena, everyone needs to evacuate into the hallways."

It was general admission, and nobody down front was moving, they didn't want to lose their place, lol.

The Cop then takes the mic and points towards the ceiling, "You see all those speakers, and lights... if the storm hits this building all of that is coming down on top of you" or something similar.

Within seconds, everyone bailed... lol.

After the storm passed, everyone was back in but the GW set was done!

Judas Priest comes out and after the first few songs Halford says: "Ain't no Tornado stopping the Priest!" as the crowd roared.

JUDAS PRIEST set... 6/8/1984

Love Bites
Jawbreaker
Grinder
Metal Gods
Breaking the Law
Sinner
Desert Plains
Some Heads Are Gonna Roll
The Sentinel
Rock Hard, Ride Free
Night Comes Down
The Hellion
Electric Eye
Heavy Duty
Defenders of the Faith
Freewheel Burning
Victim of Changes
The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown)
(Fleetwood Mac cover)

Encore:
Living After Midnight

Encore 2:
Hell Bent for Leather
You've Got Another Thing Comin'

----------------------------

Fun Fact: In 1984 alone, I saw Kiss on the "Lick It Up" tour, Ozzy with Crue on their "SATD" run, Judas Priest and Great White above, Van Halen and Autograph on the 1984 tour, Ratt on the "OOTC" tour and several more... I was hooked.

----------------------------

KISS & King Kobra - March 5th 1986

Green Bay Wisconsin Brown County Arena...

King Kobra was mid-set, several uniformed Police walk on stage and stop the show.

The band stops, and everyone is standing around as a Cop tells the crowd, "We have a Bomb Threat, everyone needs to evacuate the arena!"

Johnny Rod starts jumping around and cursing imploring the crowd to boo and chant F#@k this... etc...

The entire arena empties outside, and my memory recalls it was pretty cold out too...

About 30-40 minutes later, they let everyone back in and the show went on... but KK set was over.

UPDATE: Just googled and found this article... > https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/st ... 438243002/

---------------------------

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

DangerZone wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:28 am these stories are OUTRAGEOUS!
:D

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

jaxjaguar wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:13 pm Monsters of Rock 1988 in Tampa, FL. In between the Scorpions and Van Halen the stadium erupted into a huge food fight. Trash, food, beer and soda cups flying all over. Total chaos but fun, until someone hit me from down below with a woman’s sandal lol. I turned to my buddy and said “can you believe people are throwing shoes!”, we had a laugh and I tossed it back in the direction it came from. Seconds later my buddy gets nailed in the face with the same exact shoe! What are the odds? Right away his eye starts puffing up and filling with blood, freaking us both out. We went to the first aid station but they referred us to the local hospital, by some miracle we found our other friends and went to the hospital. They treated him in the ER and we went back to catch Van Halen, had to beg to be let back in, only see the last two songs of the night. Still a great day that we all still talk about.

"""""""Monsters of Rock 1988 in Tampa, FL. In between the Scorpions and Van Halen the stadium erupted into a huge food fight. Trash, food, beer and soda cups flying all over. """""""

The exact same thing happened at L.A. Colosseum July 24th 1988

It went on for a LONG time too... literally 75,000+ people throwing sh!t non-stop for 30+ minutes... pretty insane!

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

EatTheGlass wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:55 pm
jaxjaguar wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:13 pm Monsters of Rock 1988 in Tampa, FL. In between the Scorpions and Van Halen the stadium erupted into a huge food fight. Trash, food, beer and soda cups flying all over. Total chaos but fun, until someone hit me from down below with a woman’s sandal lol. I turned to my buddy and said “can you believe people are throwing shoes!”, we had a laugh and I tossed it back in the direction it came from. Seconds later my buddy gets nailed in the face with the same exact shoe! What are the odds? Right away his eye starts puffing up and filling with blood, freaking us both out. We went to the first aid station but they referred us to the local hospital, by some miracle we found our other friends and went to the hospital. They treated him in the ER and we went back to catch Van Halen, had to beg to be let back in, only see the last two songs of the night. Still a great day that we all still talk about.
You sure that was FL and not LA?? Exact same thing happened...

""""""""""""""""Exact same thing happened..."""""""""""""""

Yup... I just replied to this!

$tEvil
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Turner Coates wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:35 pm after a Rod Stewart show.
The audience was still filing out, when a crowd of people stopped to watch something in the middle of the venue. I thought it was a fight.
It was a guy in a dress, with a bunch of guys lightly whipping him with their belts.
You sure?
I heard he had to get his stomach pumped.
Ryan81
Headlining Clubs

Post by Ryan81 »

LOL! That is one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time. The band was a marching band? WTF? And they played Sabbath? The best part might be the 9/11 victims written on his body. What in the hell was this guy's message? That is easily the most bizarre combination of....I don't even know what to call them that I've ever heard. That is funny shit!
slackrat77
Playing Frat Parties

Post by slackrat77 »

2003. glasgow scotland. travelled from newcastle with 2 of my bandmates to see skid row's first tour with Solinger on vocals.
staying in a BnB right behind the venue, their tourbus was parked outside the main doors.
saw them going in to soundcheck, had a chat with Phil Varone (you guys came ALL the way from England? yeah mate, its a couple of hours in the train!) and Johnny Solinger himself.
our friend Toshi was playing in support band The Ga Gas too. knew him from his days in Antiproduct.

after the show, we spoke to snake, scotti and johnny out the back of the venue.
talked about how we were in the middle of recording an album but we'd took the time off to come see them.
asked Johnny if he wouldnt mind contributing a spoken full on Texan intro to our album.
swopped emails and left them to it.

december 2003, johnny emailed me and asked what i needed from him. he recorded a few seconds intro and emailed it back. told me to get in touch any time we wanted to see them in the UK.
saw then on just about every tour after that.. after Solinger parted company with them, I got to know Scotti, Rob and Rachel more.

Album was done. came out on dec 26th '03.
we sold all the copies we made via gigs & mail order via a local record store that had an online site.
band called it a day in '05 as that whole punkpop thing was dead and as we had vowed never to write a serious song, nobody cared about our kinda toy dolls esque tunes anymore. its was all Scene and emo, screamo etc now.
we couldnt get gigs playing stuff like "last night (i fucked your girlfriend) (up the arse)"

maintained a friendship with the skids guys to this day.
5 years ago, our former drummer died of liver cancer age 37
poor Solinger also passed from liver failure.

thats my crazy gig story. first saw skids at whitley bay ice rink in 91. never thought i'd be able to meet them, let alone call them friends.
Fuck Sebastian Bach too for all that shit he posted when Solinger died saying press were putting pics of him in the new reports of Johnnys passing. i was SO angry with him, i couldnt find a single one, i searched the net and called him out on twitter for his selfish arrogant bullshit and was immediately blocked and my post deleted. got a twitter ban for 'harrasment'.
Sleek

Post by Sleek »

Ryan81 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:40 pm

LOL! That is one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time. The band was a marching band? WTF? And they played Sabbath? The best part might be the 9/11 victims written on his body. What in the hell was this guy's message? That is easily the most bizarre combination of....I don't even know what to call them that I've ever heard. That is funny shit!
There are some videos from other shows still up. Mostly from San Franscisco:

https://youtu.be/-AvQJogb9N0

https://youtu.be/DHiscEGOtjg
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Years ago at an early Yngwie show at the San Jose Civic w/Talas opening this dude somehow was able to climb on top of these awning over the doors on each side of the stage. These things were probably 6 feet above the top of the door. Dude was rocking out up there and then started acting like he was going to jump. This was from probably about 12-14 feet high. All the people in back were yelling JUMP! All the people in his landing area were yelling DON'T JUMP! Dude JUMPED. I have no idea what happened after that...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:51 pm June 9th 1984

Madison Wisconsin Dane County Coliseum, Judas Priest with openers Great White... this was the original Great White 4 piece line-up singing "Stick It" and "Street Killer", etc..

The Cop then takes the mic and points towards the ceiling, "You see all those speakers, and lights... if the storm hits this building all of that is coming down on top of you" or something similar.

Within seconds, everyone bailed... lol.

After the storm passed, everyone was back in but the GW set was done!

Judas Priest comes out and after the first few songs Halford says: "Ain't no Tornado stopping the Priest!" as the crowd roared.
Oh, nice one, Halford mentions this show in his book, if I recall right!
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
RaceFan3
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by RaceFan3 »

Van Ailin' wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:08 pm
RaceFan3 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:58 am
Van Ailin' wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:08 pm Dokken portion of 1988 Monsters of Rock, so it was still in the day on a really hot day. Went with three friends, but we got separated after Metallica. Was next to a buddy of mine, and as Dokken started up, there was this girl in front of him (who we didn't know) and who seemed to be "feeling no pain," and she started kind of leaning back into him. I glance over, and she's grabbed his hands and wrapped them around her waist. I glance over again later and she grabs one of his hands and guides it right down the front of her shorts. I looked away, maybe wishing I'd been one spot over. Between Dokken and Scorpions, my buddy sensibly went to wash hands.
Was she hot?
I'd say the was pretty good-looking. Must have been somewhere between 17-19 and a solid 7 or 8. She wasn't a hag.
That's a perfectly good time right there.
*I kinda want a new screenname. Seriously. I barely watch racing anymore. :x
SikSyko
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by SikSyko »

Metallica Black show here in Ottawa. We were on the edge of one of the mosh pits. Some guy bumps into some of the girls, we think ok it happens, next time buy he does it again. He does the same a few times more and his elbow is going into their chests, security moves in seeing this. Last time by one of my bouncer friends steps into him and knocks him out with one punch to the head. Security stand over him and wave at him then walk away. No one in the pit even looked at him on the ground.
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

SikSyko wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:16 am Metallica Black show here in Ottawa. We were on the edge of one of the mosh pits. Some guy bumps into some of the girls, we think ok it happens, next time buy he does it again. He does the same a few times more and his elbow is going into their chests, security moves in seeing this. Last time by one of my bouncer friends steps into him and knocks him out with one punch to the head. Security stand over him and wave at him then walk away. No one in the pit even looked at him on the ground.
:lol:
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

Playboyliquor59 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:14 am The bad luck 13 riot at Hellfest 2004 in Jersey. People flipping over the bleachers, lightbulbs smashed, raw meat and pig heads thrown everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d56V-mmBoow
Sponsored by HOT TOPIC