New interview with Priest singer Mercury

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: New interview with Priest singer Mercury

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:47 am
Mojo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:53 am
HueyRamone wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:36 am The Priest singer is Halford, dumdum. Mercury is the singer of Queen.
It was already fucking stupid to name their band Priest when Judas Priest exists. Oh, my band? We're called Sabbath. My side project? Zeppelin. Then to go even farther and go by the surname of another hugely known, hugely popular singer? I. Can't. Even. Right. Now. Arms crossed emoji.

Ridiculous take. The band Priest have nothing to do with judas priest or queen.
Then why did they take Priest’s name? Why did the take Freddy’s name? They’re a fraud!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
DangerZone
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DangerZone »

HueyRamone wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:36 am The Priest singer is Halford, dumdum. Mercury is the singer of Queen.
It was already fucking stupid to name their band Priest when Judas Priest exists. Oh, my band? We're called Sabbath. My side project? Zeppelin. Then to go even farther and go by the surname of another hugely known, hugely popular singer? I. Can't. Even. Right. Now. Arms crossed emoji.

Exactly!
And ‘invisible shield’ is a great record
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

Except the name of the band and the name of the singer. My band? Beetles My Singer? Presley.

It's as if the world ran out of words to name something.
aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by aznsquirt »

Wait, are you going to tell me I can't name my band Frost?
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

aznsquirt wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:54 pm Wait, are you going to tell me I can't name my band Frost?
Druid Frost has a nice ring to it.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
DangerZone
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DangerZone »

Irish Snow
The Sacred Cowman
Headlining Clubs

Post by The Sacred Cowman »

Priest sucks. I tried to give them a chance but mostly everything about them sucks. The music, the lyrics, the vocals, the video etc.
tooth
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tooth »

The Sacred Cowman wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:46 am Priest sucks. I tried to give them a chance but mostly everything about them sucks. The music, the lyrics, the vocals, the video etc.
Because of this board, I too gave Priest a chance. I'm not going to go as far as saying "mostly everything about them sucks", but I will say it's clear that Tobias was the main creative talent behind Ghost at the time both were in the band.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

tooth wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:58 am
The Sacred Cowman wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:46 am Priest sucks. I tried to give them a chance but mostly everything about them sucks. The music, the lyrics, the vocals, the video etc.
Because of this board, I too gave Priest a chance. I'm not going to go as far as saying "mostly everything about them sucks", but I will say it's clear that Tobias was the main creative talent behind Ghost at the time both were in the band.
Priest mastermind Linton Rubino (Mercury) was the bass player in the band and not involved in the creative process. The only bandmembers that were a real part of the creative process in Ghost were Simon Soderberg and Martin Persner, the two guitarists knowns as Alpha and Omega respectively

Interesting interview with Mercury:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/ex-ghost- ... n-the-band