Ramsey Cruise and ROXX, Sludge thinks you're HOTT!

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Bruce Chickenson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Ramsey Cruise and ROXX, Sludge thinks you're HOTT!

Post by Bruce Chickenson »

futonsrf wrote:was one of the best ever here! I miss it.

Let's do it again with this, cause it deserves it, and I need a laugh!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Q0CAE7468
I ask you my furor, how did you first come across ROXX and bestow upon us this lifetime of enjoyment?
Ciao

BRUCEAGE

Hell'sHungryChild
Headlining Clubs

Post by Hell'sHungryChild »

"Rock Is Back was inspired and generated from the explosion of Guitar Hero and Rock band along with the war issues and economic problems that where taking place at the time."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All Heil hell
ex band member
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by ex band member »

Hell'sHungryChild wrote:"Rock Is Back was inspired and generated from the explosion of Guitar Hero and Rock band along with the war issues and economic problems that where taking place at the time."

tying in rock band and guitar hero with war issues (?) and the economy.

only ramsey can tackle something this ambitious.

pure genius right here, folks.
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

ex band member wrote:
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:"Rock Is Back was inspired and generated from the explosion of Guitar Hero and Rock band along with the war issues and economic problems that where taking place at the time."

tying in rock band and guitar hero with war issues (?) and the economy.

only ramsey can tackle something this ambitious.

pure genius right here, folks.
Quite simply, Ramsey Cruise is the Stephen Hawking of rock.
my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
Bruce Chickenson

Holy shit :lol:

Go on the Ramsey appreciation fb page and look at the video posted on the wall for 'what can I do' someone has dedicated it to ramseys dead grandmother and he has written of how he wrote the song for her as he regrets missing out on time with her due to his recording and touring hectic music industry lifestyle :lol:

Seriously, this keeps getting funnier by the day, I'm so glad this guy exists, it's brought so much pleasure to my sad little life :D
Ciao

BRUCEAGE

zzzzzzz
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by zzzzzzz »

Whoever asked about Meatti, that is a classic question that got a classic answer. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ramsey Roxx Thankx...you got it I guess it should sound like a piece of meat with a y...lol...my family named me this cos I was stubby kid...maybe this helps...have a great day
futonsrf
Headlining Clubs

Post by futonsrf »

Bruce Chickenson wrote:

I ask you my furor, how did you first come across ROXX and bestow upon us this lifetime of enjoyment?
Honestly, I can't recall what I was doing when I stumbled on this, just surfing for shits and giggles I guess, and in this case found them. He lives in San Antonio and I lived in Texas for 6 years so maybe I was surfing some TX stuff.
Once I found out Roxx had more shit out there it became a lot of fun looking! Multiple Myspace pages, youtube video page, etc, just awesome because he was so serious and so fucking bad! This facebook thing is pretty funny, he still seems very serious about his "talent".
Cheers!

This post not approved by Crouchingstoneretc.

WastedRumpRanger
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by WastedRumpRanger »

Ramsey has posted a video of him singing the Star Spangled Banner on his personal page but it won't play for me. Is anyone able to see it?

Of course, Ramsey being the genius that he is has retitled the song
STAR SPANGLE BANNER.

I like that much better anyway.
Last edited by WastedRumpRanger on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
futonsrf
Headlining Clubs

Post by futonsrf »

I hadn't seen this "New" Rock is Back video until now. I particularly like Ramsey's recording of his band's appearance on TV by recording the actual TV. :lol:

Oops, I think someone had this up earlier. Still funny and terrible tho!
Cheers!

BUMSEX
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by BUMSEX »

i would so buy ramsey/roxx/meatti merchandise if he was selling it on ebay.
zzzzzzz
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by zzzzzzz »

I think Stevie needs to start selling ROXX/Meatti shirts and CD's on MetalSludge. Also, Michael Hott and Michael Zimmons.
SoulsOfBlack
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by SoulsOfBlack »

You mean something like this?

EZrocker wrote:I am not an "obsessive Jani Lane fan". I don't even own a Warrant album, and I have never seen Jani live. I think Uncle Tom's Cabin is a good tune, but otherwise I could give a shit.
futonsrf
Headlining Clubs

Post by futonsrf »

I wonder if Ramsey has a camera capable of a better resolution then the fisher price thing he must use?
Cheers!

room213

Post by room213 »

SoulsOfBlack wrote:You mean something like this?

I nearly died laughing when he posted that on facebook earlier today.
futonsrf
Headlining Clubs

Post by futonsrf »

I haven't heard this one yet. Ramsey asks Why don't You Believe?

Note his lable; Major. :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/ramseycruise/mus ... --53336615
Last edited by futonsrf on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers!

futonsrf
Headlining Clubs

Post by futonsrf »

SoulsOfBlack wrote:You mean something like this?

You know, MEATTi is a plural, suggesting more than one of him. Since it's only him, shouldn't he call himself MEATus? That name has a ton of possibilities!
Cheers!

ex band member
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by ex band member »

futonsrf wrote:I haven't heard this one yet. Ramsey asks Why don't You Believe?

Note his lable; Major. :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/ramseycruise/mus ... --53336615
i think ramsey needs to look into a guitar tuner (among other things of course).
SoulsOfBlack

Post by SoulsOfBlack »

Currently we've been talking about bringing back the ROXX CD releases...and this is a great idea...for the most part,,,since we have done everything independently..we simply sold CD'S and posters at shows or through personal relations...we did put together a ROXX greatest hits at one point...well Michael Anthony and myself are working on retouching some of the pervious material before we actaully get our music on a wider scale...we didn't think that so many people would be requesing our work today...but it's been pretty amazing lately...we currently have air play on hold also...we just need to see how many people are interested...you can send your info. to [email protected] where we are generating a list of recent new ROXX fanbase this is the only way to make this happen at the moment...but for now you can catch new releases and vids on youtube,myspace and FB...Thankx loverthe support
EZrocker wrote:I am not an "obsessive Jani Lane fan". I don't even own a Warrant album, and I have never seen Jani live. I think Uncle Tom's Cabin is a good tune, but otherwise I could give a shit.
futonsrf
Headlining Clubs

Post by futonsrf »

SoulsOfBlack wrote:
Currently we've been talking about bringing back the ROXX CD releases...and this is a great idea...for the most part,,,since we have done everything independently..we simply sold CD'S and posters at shows or through personal relations...we did put together a ROXX greatest hits at one point...well Michael Anthony and myself are working on retouching some of the pervious material before we actaully get our music on a wider scale...we didn't think that so many people would be requesing our work today...but it's been pretty amazing lately...we currently have air play on hold also...we just need to see how many people are interested...you can send your info. to [email protected] where we are generating a list of recent new ROXX fanbase this is the only way to make this happen at the moment...but for now you can catch new releases and vids on youtube,myspace and FB...Thankx loverthe support
:lol: Ramsey has noticed an upsurge in ROXX interest. He can thank Sludge for that and whoever made the facebook ROXX appreciation page. :D
Cheers!

Bruce Chickenson

futonsrf wrote:
Bruce Chickenson wrote:

Honestly, I can't recall what I was doing when I stumbled on this, just surfing for shits and giggles I guess, and in this case found them. He lives in San Antonio and I lived in Texas for 6 years so maybe I was surfing some TX stuff.
Once I found out Roxx had more shit out there it became a lot of fun looking! Multiple Myspace pages, youtube video page, etc, just awesome because he was so serious and so fucking bad! This facebook thing is pretty funny, he still seems very serious about his "talent".
Im so glad you did as we are blessed to have this kind of comedy unfolding more and more each day, Ramsey is just a comic genius wether he knows it or not, he needs to be on TV.
Ciao

BRUCEAGE

SoulsOfBlack

Post by SoulsOfBlack »

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 3617504361

Here's very rare clip of footage that was suppose to go into a ROXX documentary called "ROXX ROUGH, RAW & UNCUT" this a peek trying out our new lead man "Jordan Lee" song: "why don't you believe"
AJL
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by AJL »

SoulsOfBlack wrote:http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 3617504361

Here's very rare clip of footage that was suppose to go into a ROXX documentary called "ROXX ROUGH, RAW & UNCUT" this a peek trying out our new lead man "Jordan Lee" song: "why don't you believe"
Great quality footage for a documentray! :lol:
You can't see or hear a thing(!)

I'm still loving this thread! The Roxxamaniacs are running wild on sludge!
And for no reason whatsoever, here's my personal top 3 ROXX songs:

1. Rock is Back.
This is the true masterpiece for me, I still can't even make it through the guitar intro without laughing out loud. The awful drums, stupid video, out-of-this-world-horrific guitar parts, beyond pathetic lyrics, ect.. I could go on forever about this crap but the truth is, if I listen to it just once, it's stuck in my head for the rest of the day, so I gotta admit it has a certain catchy quality.
2. What Can I Do? (Symphony Version).
Peter Criss eat your heart out.
3. Ramsey's christmas song with the special needs kids.
That one sucked the fat cock. Seeing the crowd just stunned in awe of Ramsey's suckness was gold.

Runner up's: Love Slave and the one that sounded exactly like "I Still Love You", but warped and twisted beyond belief, Ramsey Cruise style!
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

If I bought a ROXX CD I'd want it to sound exactly like those lossy YouTube streams. If it were sonically improved in any way I'd be pissed off!
HollywoodBomb
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by HollywoodBomb »

The epic moment for me is the chorus of Givin Love, I listened to the song twice and the song has been in my mind for weeks.
woblinweebles wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:32 pmI was laid up for about 6 weeks after my appendix burst around the time Detonator came out.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

When I first heard "Rock is Back," I listened to it 5 times and had tears streaming down my cheeks.
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
BUMSEX

Post by BUMSEX »

rock is back is his classic for me, but i think i might even like love machine more. just the chorus itself does it for me, but throw in a kiss meets zep detour midway through and you have a truly entertaining song. at times i even find myself singing love machine out of the blue. i give it two devilhorns up!

for those who havent heard love machine, you can find it on his world band contest page.
http://www.worldrockbandcontest.com/b/meatti.html
SoulsOfBlack

Post by SoulsOfBlack »

He finally has 2 fans on that page. BTW, it's "Givin love", not "Love Machine". Some fan you are. :roll:
BUMSEX

Post by BUMSEX »

damn youre right! i dont know why i was thinking love machine. great performance nonetheless.
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

Still think this is funny as hell.

Is that a flying load on the left?

He's having a seizure...a MEATTi seizure.
SoulsOfBlack

Post by SoulsOfBlack »

Ramsey Roxx
We actually had pillow dolls at one point...The ROXXSTAR pillow dolls....lol

:shock:

You know, some of you guys are really pushing it. :)

Will the documentary ever see the light of day? If theresmore footage like this id love to see it, plus some interviews and live footage would be great.

Ramsey Roxx
All i have to say is that Michael Anthony has been working on this project.

Sweet, MA working on it? Does that mean a reunion of the classic ROXX line-up could beon the cards?

Ramsey Roxx
You know I've was fortunate to talk and jam with Derek a short time back...he's also a great guy...I mentioned to him about us getting back together as ROXX but at the time...he pretty much told me he did not want to play that type of sound...he was pretty close Jay and I told him to mention it to him...but told he didn't want to...I was shocked but he went off to play with short lived cover bands...there's more stuff behind the scenes...it always like this behind some of the greatest bands that ever existed.