Sebastian Bach's book

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

RaceFan3
Headlining Clubs

Sebastian Bach's book

Post by RaceFan3 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:11 am

Sorry if this was posted before, but anyone here read this? I'm about halfway through it and I'm liking it but who the hell edited this thing? Was it submitted and printed as a rough draft on purpose?

I hate to nitpick but it's riddled with grammatical errors and some of the facts in Baz's stories are a little off. For example, early in the book he's describing his years as kid in the mid-70s when he first started singing/entertaining and he claims he'd ride around in his Mom's car impersonating Jagger on "Emotional Rescue." How the hell could he do that in '75-'76 when that song didn't come out until '80? :lol:
BDG135
Debut Album Goes Gold

Re: Sebastian Bach's book

Post by BDG135 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:10 am

Bach insisted on writing it all himself and it shows. That may be part of the charm to it if you're a Bach fan. Parts of the book are interesting but there's a lot that could have been cut out.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people really that do that. - Blotz
Fat_Elvis
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Fat_Elvis » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:26 am

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed his book. There may be some flaws or inconsistencies, but a lot of autobiographies have that. Especially when they're written by alcoholics and drug addicts. So with that in mind, I found it pretty honest and interesting. Much better than most of the KISS member books.
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:46 am

Was it written in crayon?
cowpins
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by cowpins » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:11 pm

Gazpacho wrote:Was it written in crayon?
...on the back of a Denny's kids menu?
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:51 pm

I liked how Baz never mentions hanging out with anybody that wasn't bigger than him.
Guys like him wonder why they don't have real friends
Olds_71_442
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by Olds_71_442 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:03 pm

I'll bet it'll sound like it was narrated by Shaggy from Scooby Doo.
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:16 pm

Olds_71_442 wrote:
ZOINKS!
VanDokken
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by VanDokken » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:51 pm

I wonder if he cracked himself up at everything he wrote like he does with everything he says
RaceFan3
Headlining Clubs

Post by RaceFan3 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:00 pm

Fat_Elvis wrote:I was surprised at how much I enjoyed his book. There may be some flaws or inconsistencies, but a lot of autobiographies have that. Especially when they're written by alcoholics and drug addicts. So with that in mind, I found it pretty honest and interesting. Much better than most of the KISS member books.
I agree and I'm definitely enjoying it, but my God it's clear that this was never fact-checked or placed in the hands of an editor. It was like he whipped it all together during a weekend and they printed it :P Maybe that was the point? If so, well done.

I just read another gem of a passage where he was partying backstage at Donnington in '95, left the venue on Slayer's bus to go back to their hotel and it was '94 when he arrived :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also fully agree with the above post that he rarely mentions hanging out with anyone who wasn't bigger than him. I'm 2/3 of the way done with the book and he's barely talked about the guys in Skid Row at all. Scotti Hill and Rob Affuso have been mentioned ONCE to this point. Also, he talked about how great it was to tour with his heroes. He said this about Bon Jovi, Crue, Aerosmith and Guns. Now of course you can have more than one hero but he makes each one sound like they were THE hero to him.
BiggusDickus
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by BiggusDickus » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:54 pm

What a coincidence! I started reading today in Portuguese (there's no grammatical errors or typos, I assume the translator corrected).

He sounds like my 8 year old kid! :lol:
Olds_71_442
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by Olds_71_442 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:04 pm

Gazpacho wrote:
Olds_71_442 wrote:
ZOINKS!
Like wow man, could you like pass the like scooby snacks, man.
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:37 pm

cowpins wrote:
...on the back of a Denny's kids menu?
:lol:
Read this 3 times before it clicked
BadDogWater
Headlining Clubs

Post by BadDogWater » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:04 pm

RaceFan3 wrote:Sorry if this was posted before, but anyone here read this? I'm about halfway through it and I'm liking it but who the hell edited this thing? Was it submitted and printed as a rough draft on purpose?

I hate to nitpick but it's riddled with grammatical errors and some of the facts in Baz's stories are a little off. For example, early in the book he's describing his years as kid in the mid-70s when he first started singing/entertaining and he claims he'd ride around in his Mom's car impersonating Jagger on "Emotional Rescue." How the hell could he do that in '75-'76 when that song didn't come out until '80? :lol:
To be far Sebastian hasn't aged mentally since then so the timeline is hard to remember. Could have been last week.
Mojo
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Mojo » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:02 pm

VanDokken wrote:I wonder if he cracked himself up at everything he wrote like he does with everything he says
He cracks himself up in the audiobook. That was half the fun of listening to it.
SikkiNixx wrote:my cool rock jeans were now stained with clit -blood

Image Image
Johnny_Fuck
Forming a Band

Post by Johnny_Fuck » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:59 am

Mojo wrote:
VanDokken wrote:I wonder if he cracked himself up at everything he wrote like he does with everything he says
He cracks himself up in the audiobook. That was half the fun of listening to it.
DO YOU HAVE THE AUDIOBOOK? I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT I'VE READ WITH BACH'S VOICE AND LAUGHS FOR THE FUN OF IT...
RaceFan3
Headlining Clubs

Post by RaceFan3 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:23 am

Johnny_Fuck wrote:
Mojo wrote:
DO YOU HAVE THE AUDIOBOOK? I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT I'VE READ WITH BACH'S VOICE AND LAUGHS FOR THE FUN OF IT...
He mentions a couple times in the hardcopy book that he was laughing as he's writing :lol:
Dark80sChris
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Dark80sChris » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:09 am

I was really looking forward to reading his book but it's so devoid of detail about anything.

It's like the whole book he's rushing through everything to get to the end. In the book he hardly mentions the other members of Skid Row or his relationships with any of the members-- why there was friction, etc. He portrays himself as the victim saying something like, "Everybody is always mad at me." Never ponders why; no sort of self-reflection or remorse. The only detail he goes into at all were his relationships with various members in other bands back when Row as huge. I didn't buy his book to read about recording with Ace Frehley; or the time he went drinking with Lars. Like most, I purchased the book to read about his time with Skid Row but he hardly talks about it.

The whole book is the definition of the word cursory; I could hardly get through it.
BDG135
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BDG135 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:24 am

“I still do not understand why some of them personally have a problem with me. I can’t help but think there was jealousy over the attention I had received, and this is what ultimately came between us as people, and altered our friendships.” - Sebastian Bach
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people really that do that. - Blotz
Udo Dirkschneider
Resident Board Idiot

Post by Udo Dirkschneider » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:48 am

BDG135 wrote:“I still do not understand why some of them personally have a problem with me. I can’t help but think there was jealousy over the attention I had received, and this is what ultimately came between us as people, and altered our friendships.” - Sebastian Bach
He might be right too... those other dudes are pretty fucking stupid... sure he's an asshole but he paid the bills... they shoulda let him run around and be the money maker... but, Rachel and his nose chain had other ideas...

Like hiring amateur singers and going grunge...

Fail.
Ever done drugs Tom?
bigmakoshark
Recording Debut Album

Post by bigmakoshark » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:53 am

RaceFan3 wrote:Sorry if this was posted before, but anyone here read this? I'm about halfway through it and I'm liking it but who the hell edited this thing? Was it submitted and printed as a rough draft on purpose?

He was probably too cheap to hire a professional editor.
If he had hired one, the grammatical errors and bad transitions would never have happened.
bigmakoshark
Recording Debut Album

Post by bigmakoshark » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:55 am

RaceFan3 wrote:
Fat_Elvis wrote:I was surprised at how much I enjoyed his book. There may be some flaws or inconsistencies, but a lot of autobiographies have that. Especially when they're written by alcoholics and drug addicts. So with that in mind, I found it pretty honest and interesting. Much better than most of the KISS member books.
I agree and I'm definitely enjoying it, but my God it's clear that this was never fact-checked or placed in the hands of an editor. It was like he whipped it all together during a weekend and they printed it :P Maybe that was the point? If so, well done.

I just read another gem of a passage where he was partying backstage at Donnington in '95, left the venue on Slayer's bus to go back to their hotel and it was '94 when he arrived :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also fully agree with the above post that he rarely mentions hanging out with anyone who wasn't bigger than him. I'm 2/3 of the way done with the book and he's barely talked about the guys in Skid Row at all. Scotti Hill and Rob Affuso have been mentioned ONCE to this point. Also, he talked about how great it was to tour with his heroes. He said this about Bon Jovi, Crue, Aerosmith and Guns. Now of course you can have more than one hero but he makes each one sound like they were THE hero to him.

No, not well done at all. It makes him look like more of a buffoon than he already is.
Slippery Pete
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by Slippery Pete » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:48 pm

I thought it was entertaining enough. I just wanted some idiotic stories like "The Dirt" and it definitely had that.

I wonder if that thing about Hetfield telling Bach he was one of his two favourite singers is true? Seems like Hetfield probably would never have hung out with him ever if it wasn't.
"The worst tempered people I have ever met were those who knew that they were wrong." -- David Letterman
RoyalSlack
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by RoyalSlack » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:53 pm

Does he mention anything in the book about the recording he made with Andy McCoy from Hanoi Rocks that was
shelved?
Last edited by RoyalSlack on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Champagne for my real friends and real pain for my sham friends." -Tom Waits
kuken
Headlining Clubs

Post by kuken » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:03 am

RaceFan3 wrote:

Also it is Donington: )
MetalSludgeCEO
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MetalSludgeCEO » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:30 am

Udo Dirkschneider wrote:
BDG135 wrote:“I still do not understand why some of them personally have a problem with me. I can’t help but think there was jealousy over the attention I had received, and this is what ultimately came between us as people, and altered our friendships.” - Sebastian Bach
He might be right too... those other dudes are pretty fucking stupid... sure he's an asshole but he paid the bills... they shoulda let him run around and be the money maker... but, Rachel and his nose chain had other ideas...

Like hiring amateur singers and going grunge...

Fail.

""""those other dudes are pretty fucking stupid""""... """"sure he's an asshole but he paid the bills"""... """they shoulda let him run around and be the money maker.""""

Stupid, or they matured and were over his gigantic childish antics?

Paid the bills? Lile the time he cost the band 6 figures, a few times over I am sure...(Anyone know the #s? I thought I had heard like 250k at one point) for throwing the bottle into a teenagers face?

They did...and when the era ended, so did the so called money. They cut him loose and he's still crying about it.

$tEvil
BDG135
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BDG135 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:33 am

...and there was that time he left a message on Snake's answering machine cussing him out and all his family was there to hear it.
michelish
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by michelish » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:24 am

What could a Bach/Skid Row book be other than what it is?

It's not like they had some long and storied career that he should have went into great detail about.
MetalSludgeCEO
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MetalSludgeCEO » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:08 pm

RoyalSlack wrote:Does he mention anything in the book about the recording he made with Andy McCoy from Hanoi Rocks that for
shelved?
Andy McCoy tried to recruit me, into his band. In like 1988. Met with his management. If my memory was correct, it was Gold Mountain Management, on Ventura Blvd in Studio City.

I have a nice story about this. And a follow up, but no time to type it now as Brazil is calling me.

$tEvil
RoyalSlack
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by RoyalSlack » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:31 pm

MetalSludgeCEO wrote:
RoyalSlack wrote:Does he mention anything in the book about the recording he made with Andy McCoy from Hanoi Rocks that for
shelved?
Andy McCoy tried to recruit me, into his band. In like 1988. Met with his management. If my memory was correct, it was Gold Mountain Management, on Ventura Blvd in Studio City.

I have a nice story about this. And a follow up, but no time to type it now as Brazil is calling me.

$tEvil

Please do tell when you can.
"Champagne for my real friends and real pain for my sham friends." -Tom Waits