TUFF DIARIES #1 thru #21 of 25 ... This STICKY will be the home of future entries, enjoy. $tEvil

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: TUFF DIARIES #1 thru #3 ... This STICKY will be the home of future entries, enjoy. $tEvil

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

TUFF DIARIES (Entry #4)
The Metal Years, Famous People, Cocaine, Kiss and Sex with a Miss Gazzarri’s Dancer
By Stevie Rachelle
#RockCityNews #Troubadour #Whisky #ReddFoxx #NadirDPreist #Slash #VanHalenWife #MetalSludge
http://metalsludge.tv/tuff-diaries-4-th ... -rachelle/

$tEvil
Turner Coates

Re: TUFF DIARIES #1 thru #4 ... This STICKY will be the home of future entries, enjoy. $tEvil

Post by Turner Coates »

Not sure if you knew or remember him, but Juan, London's lighting guy moved home to Albuquerque in the 90s. He became a TV cameraman. Last time I saw him, he was sitting in, playing rudimentary sax with a blues band.
We're not friends and don't even like each other, but I thought I'd mention him.

"The worst celebrity golf cheat? I wish I could tell you that. It would be a shocker. I played golf with Donald Trump one time. That's all I'm going to say." - Alice Cooper
tym
Headlining a Theater Tour

Re: TUFF DIARIES #1 thru #4 ... This STICKY will be the home of future entries, enjoy. $tEvil

Post by tym »

For what its worth, It really would not take much effort at all to turn the Diaries into a book. Just a simple epub file, or Mobi file people could read in book format.

Maybe a sticky of a Q&A to throw into the end of the Diaries, and you would have a pretty solid book that could be made into a epub file, or Mobi file for people to read.

Just a thought. Have a nice day.
I'm finding it difficult to masturbate to this. I'm trying, I just have so little to work with...
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

tym wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:48 pm For what its worth, It really would not take much effort at all to turn the Diaries into a book. Just a simple epub file, or Mobi file people could read in book format.
Don't look now, but he IS sorta publishing a book....right here.....with patron support.

"The worst celebrity golf cheat? I wish I could tell you that. It would be a shocker. I played golf with Donald Trump one time. That's all I'm going to say." - Alice Cooper
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

tym wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:48 pm For what its worth, It really would not take much effort at all to turn the Diaries into a book. Just a simple epub file, or Mobi file people could read in book format.

Maybe a sticky of a Q&A to throw into the end of the Diaries, and you would have a pretty solid book that could be made into a epub file, or Mobi file for people to read.

Just a thought. Have a nice day.
Ok, you're right.

Please tell me...what should the title be? Have an idea, as to how many pages?

Coffee table size, or other dimensions. I don't want to publish something that you don't approve of.

Maybe you want full color and a glossy hard cover? Or should I do paperback? Maybe both?

Do you think I should also have it published in Spanish, Italian and French too? I am sure it wouldn't be that difficult to just cut and paste all in the google e-translator.

While we're at it, who should write the forward?

Patiently awaiting all of your answers.

$tEvil
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Enjoyed part 4 as well, just the fact that you are still on good terms with so many people from back in the day ( girls you fucked , fans, other musicians, bookers, photographer, hell even doorman) tells us a lot about your character, no one wants to hang out with an asshole unless they have the kind of money we all now you dont have

Kudus to your folks or whoever raised you,

How long does it take you to write an entry like that, do the research, find the pictures, put it all together, ?
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
john3232
Headlining Clubs

Re: TUFF DIARIES #3 ... My Tuff audition, Jim Gillette screams, a near fist fight and our debut show with Warrant.

Post by john3232 »

rikraffmrktng wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:55 pm It's like being home on the night before Thanksgiving, and listening to an old high school football player saying how great they were "back in the day." And then they never went to college.

Awwwwwwwwww....just kidding!

Rock n roll is a hard business. I am not a Tuff fan but appreciate that they got signed, had an audience and made their mark.

More impressive is how this website found its audience. And how $tevil made money with his CD sales and everything else.

Well done CEO. Keep the stories coming! Like to know more about making money after the Tuff days were over.

Still got the hair clip?

Yeah, when you hit the big 60 like myself it becomes noticeable there are those who are unhappy with the way life turned out. Those who never got over the disappointments which happened in their 20's.
"Chinese Democracy is one of the most anticipated albums OF ALL TIME"
Brownstone658
Louis Zypher
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by Louis Zypher »

Amazing stories....and experiences....thank you, Stevie.........................I arrived in LA a bit too late, in 1992 when the scene was dying....but still had tons a fun.....

I might have missed it somewhere, but considering Michael Lean was the driving force of TUFF back in the day, where is he now?
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: TUFF DIARIES #3 ... My Tuff audition, Jim Gillette screams, a near fist fight and our debut show with Warrant.

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:44 pm
Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:01 pm
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:15 am

No clue on the pillow biter.

Yes, Lani was in Decline.

$tEvil

I recognized Lani when I saw her picture in your last installment. It's fun to be able to put a name with a face, and read that some of you knew each other and are still friends. You don't hear that kind of thing too often about the Hollywood scene from the 80s. I tried to find a picture of her from the movie but all I could find were the two bi chicks, skunk hair guy, Wet Cherry guy and Desi promoter guy.

I did find this one though.

Is this a pic of the 2 bi chicks?

$tEvil
LMAO, damn it Rachelle, you just made the water I was drinking go up my nose. :lol:

Installment #4 was top drawer. Keep 'em coming.
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

Yet again another great read!! Keep them cumming!
Constantine wrote:ur a fkn degenerate,
Metal Sludge wrote:It is after all, only a message board...relax!
Trist805 wrote:Chip, You owned me and I will admit defeat. I love big black cocks. Hope you are happy.
LurkingAtWork
Recording Your Demo

Post by LurkingAtWork »

These are a blast to read. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Louis Zypher wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:04 pm Amazing stories....and experiences....thank you, Stevie.........................I arrived in LA a bit too late, in 1992 when the scene was dying....but still had tons a fun.....

I might have missed it somewhere, but considering Michael Lean was the driving force of TUFF back in the day, where is he now?
Michael is a baller. And we're still (Todd, Michael and I) all good friends. Matter of fact, he messaged me yesterday.

After quitting Tuff in late 1993, he wanted to start a Coffee & Bagel shop. He did. In 1994.

He has a franchise license and is currently working on his 5th store in Woodland Hills, at the new Topanga shopping district.

Also has locations in Camarillo, Mammoth, Newbury Park and 1 other. Michael reads Metal Sludge too. ;-)

Anyone ever been to one? Amazing food...killer place. He started it from NOTHING! An idea..and built a small empire. Very smart man.

And still has Tuff tattoo, skulls, daggers and roses underneath his long sleeves. Hahaha

http://www.oldnewyork.com/

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Speaking of Michael and his establishments.

A lot of famous people in Mammoth Lakes have come in to his store....all on vacation skiing or snowboarding. Adam Sandler (LOVES MIchael and the place), Tony Hawk, Bieber, etc..

Paul Stanley has been in a few times as well, and some of Michael's empolyees said "A guy from Kiss was here.." and so on.

So one day Paul comes in with Evan, they order food and are sitting down eating. Michael heard an emplpyee say "The guy from Kiss is here again..."

Michael walks out and sees Paul.

He like any good owner, walks around and asks people if their food is good, how is the service and the like.

Paul is raving, "I love this place, we always come here."

Michael, "Thanks Paul. I am Michael, I am the owner and we appreciate your business. Been a fan for a long time as well."

Paul, "Well thank you Michael."

Michael, "I was in a band for many years too."

Paul, "Oh yeah...what was your band called?"

Mchael, "I was in Tuff."

Paul, "Tuff. Really, you were in Tuff? How is Stevie?"

Michael (laughing), "He's great, you know him, he's flying the flag for us."

Paul, "That's great, tell Stevie I said hi."

Michael called me that day and we laughed.

We made shit happen...more than most. Proud of that... Paul Stanley knows my name bitch!

#Word

$tEvil ;-)
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

:D :D :D That's awesome, Stevie. Pretty fucking cool, man. And his deli looks GREAT. Right up my alley. Congrats, Michael!
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Something cool about the stories from guys who weren't the top bands. Reminds me of Benny's Wildside blogs. Good stuff.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Cool stories, read them all. Nice to hear from someone from the inside. Dreamt about moving to L.A. from here back in the day, but very few did and for those who did it, it didn't usually end up well.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Hellsinkey wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:52 am Cool stories, read them all. Nice to hear from someone from the inside. Dreamt about moving to L.A. from here back in the day, but very few did and for those who did it, it didn't usually end up well.
Glad you dig.

You know what's a GREAT read? Billy Dior McCarthy's book, "Beat Me Til I'm Famous".

He was the drummer from D'molls.

His story, is PRETT FUCKING bad ass...and WAY deeper than most know. He first went to LA in like late 80 or 81. He talks about the kids downstairs, and their NEW band. And how the kid Nikki would come borrow tin foil, to smoke crack. Yes...he lived on that street above the Whisky, and Motley Crue were those kids.

Billy was in Kid Rocker...a band who in 81-82-83..ish..were a hot band on the scene.

He is from Chicago, so he also talks about going to school with and playing little league withi his friend from school. A kid named Chip. They graduated in 1978. I was like "WTF!?" Chip is that old? Lol. I guess so.

His book...is fucking epic...and it inspired ME...to tell my story.

All these mega stars and their, "I was worth millions" and everyone fucked me whining is lame. How many people can related to that? NOT many.

But...on the other hand...MANY more...can related to Benny from WildSide's blogs, or mine. Because we were at the low end of the trenches. Got a taste, but were kept in check enough that a lot more readers can relate.

$tEvil
NearlyNormal
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by NearlyNormal »

Are you gonna include the Andy McCoy story in one of these entries at some point?
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

NearlyNormal wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:18 pm Are you gonna include the Andy McCoy story in one of these entries at some point?
Yes.

$tEvil
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

When does part 5 get here?
TripleRex
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TripleRex »

NeverSurrender wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:11 pm When does part 5 get here?
Yes, what he said. These diaries are the best thing on Sludge. Love 'em.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Well, it is basically done.

But...I am tweaking some shit.

Also...I was gone 17 days, traveling, etc..

Now I am home in So Cal, and STILL on Euro time. Ugh. Been falling asleep at 6-7pm, and wide awake at 3:AM!

Which, I was living 10 hours ahead for the last 2+ weeks...so 3:AM, is like 1:00PM.

Just trying to get caught up, stay out of the 110 degree temps and figure out a cure for baldness too. Lots of shit to do.

Part 5 is early 1988 (almost 4,000 words), Part 6 will be summer of 1988 and part 7 the last quarter of 1988.

I see this going 30 entries deep. EASILY.

And that would only take us into 1991.

$tEvil
NearlyNormal
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by NearlyNormal »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:56 am Well, it is basically done.

Now I am home in So Cal, and STILL on Euro time. Ugh. Been falling asleep at 6-7pm, and wide awake at 3:AM!

$tEvil

Want me to proof read that bad boy for you before you post it?
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:56 am Well, it is basically done.

Which, I was living 10 hours ahead for the last 2+ weeks...so 3:AM, is like 1:00PM.

Just trying to get caught up, stay out of the 110 degree temps and figure out a cure for baldness too. Lots of shit to do.

Part 5 is early 1988 (almost 4,000 words), Part 6 will be summer of 1988 and part 7 the last quarter of 1988.

And that would only take us into 1991.

$tEvil

Hurry up with the free blog, ya' cunt.
juano
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by juano »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:56 am
This is why Al Gore invented the internet.

I'm in for the the long haul, bring it on!
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: TUFF DIARIES #1 thru #5 ... This STICKY will be the home of future entries, enjoy. $tEvil

Post by Bludegeon »

I can't wait to hear some stories about filming The Stoned Age.. Fucking love that movie...
NearlyNormal
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: TUFF DIARIES #1 thru #5 ... This STICKY will be the home of future entries, enjoy. $tEvil

Post by NearlyNormal »

Where's part 5?
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

NearlyNormal wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:51 pm Where's part 5?

Here... and a few other places.

http://metalsludge.tv/tuff-diaries-5-gu ... ure-fired/

$tEvil
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:34 pm
NearlyNormal wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:51 pm Where's part 5?

Here... and a few other places.

http://metalsludge.tv/tuff-diaries-5-gu ... ure-fired/

$tEvil
YA mean I gotta check the main page for updates?
Constantine wrote:ur a fkn degenerate,
Metal Sludge wrote:It is after all, only a message board...relax!
Trist805 wrote:Chip, You owned me and I will admit defeat. I love big black cocks. Hope you are happy.
NearlyNormal
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by NearlyNormal »

BlackCrypt wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:05 pm
YA mean I gotta check the main page for updates?

According to the thread title, THIS is the place to check for updates! I hadn't seen one so I didn't realize pt.5 had already been posted.