TUFF DIARIES #1 thru #21 of 25 ... This STICKY will be the home of future entries, enjoy. $tEvil

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: TUFF DIARIES #1 thru #7 ... This STICKY will be the home of future entries, enjoy. $tEvil

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

TUFF DIARIES #8
Jon Bon Jovi, Sebastian Bach, Rick Rubin, Howie Hubberman, BulletBoys and Gazzarri’s
#JonBonJovi #SebastianBach #SkidRow #Tuff #RickRubin #DaveSabo #BulletBoys #HowieHubberman #Gazzarris #Dmolls #SteveBrown #Trixter #Jailhouse #JimTorgeson #MetalSludge
Torgeson.http://metalsludge.tv/tuff-diaries-8-jo ... gazzarris/

$tEvil
SikkiNixx
Sharing sandwiches with street kids

Re: TUFF DIARIES #1 thru #8 ... This STICKY will be the home of future entries, enjoy. $tEvil

Post by SikkiNixx »

Good stuff dude... The best thing the boards seen in a while for sure...

It would be nice if some of the other dudes from the era followed your lead...

I would dig stories by:

Faster Pussycat, early Poison, Skid Row, mostly all the 2nd and 3rd tier bands, because all the top bands written Auto-bios by now

When all this shit went down, I was 8 to around 12 years old, My dad dragged me by the ear back to KMart to yell at them for selling me WASPs Last Command... I was too you to hear songs titled Sex Drive I guess... As for the music scene and the bands I loved, it was all shrouded in smoke and the only sources for the shit I really wanted to know were the usual top music mags... So sources were limited even with those things. But I remember when Crue were everyone's fave... They won every category in Metal Edge Magazines awards... Anyways... Nobody fuckin cares :lol:
New World Under Attack
No Telling If We'll Make It Out
Or Turn To Black
TripleRex
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: TUFF DIARIES #1 thru #7 ... This STICKY will be the home of future entries, enjoy. $tEvil

Post by TripleRex »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:56 am TUFF DIARIES #8
Jon Bon Jovi, Sebastian Bach, Rick Rubin, Howie Hubberman, BulletBoys and Gazzarri’s
#JonBonJovi #SebastianBach #SkidRow #Tuff #RickRubin #DaveSabo #BulletBoys #HowieHubberman #Gazzarris #Dmolls #SteveBrown #Trixter #Jailhouse #JimTorgeson #MetalSludge

$tEvil
Absolutely LOVING these! I check everyday for the next one. The best thing on Sludge in forever. Keep this shit going until you catch all the way up to 2018.

Just one little nit pick thing. Since you've mentioned it in two different entries. Big Gulps are from 7/11, not AM/PM. Not that it matters. :lol:
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

TripleRex wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:51 pm

$tEvil
Absolutely LOVING these! I check everyday for the next one. The best thing on Sludge in forever. Keep this shit going until you catch all the way up to 2018.

Just one little nit pick thing. Since you've mentioned it in two different entries. Big Gulps are from 7/11, not AM/PM. Not that it matters. :lol:
AM/PM or 7/11...you get the drift...but thanks for the @pwnage

$tEvil
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Re: TUFF DIARIES #1 thru #8 ... This STICKY will be the home of future entries, enjoy. $tEvil

Post by BlackCrypt »

The name Jim Torgeson rings a bell for me big time. Did he post here for a while?
Constantine wrote:ur a fkn degenerate,
Metal Sludge wrote:It is after all, only a message board...relax!
Trist805 wrote:Chip, You owned me and I will admit defeat. I love big black cocks. Hope you are happy.
hairFarmer67
Music Fan

Post by hairFarmer67 »

If it's the guy I'm thinking of - tall, stocky, blond - I kinda think he was (or worked for) one of the bigger Pay to Play promoters around 87-88, had an 2nd/3rd floor office adjacent to the Whisky.
TripleRex
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TripleRex »

BlackCrypt wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:18 pm The name Jim Torgeson rings a bell for me big time. Did he post here for a while?
Yes. He posts as El Toro. Don't know if he's still around.
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

TripleRex wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:56 pm
BlackCrypt wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:18 pm The name Jim Torgeson rings a bell for me big time. Did he post here for a while?
Yes. He posts as El Toro. Don't know if he's still around.
Thanks! It was bugging me after reading the entry.
Trist805 wrote:Chip, You owned me and I will admit defeat. I love big black cocks. Hope you are happy.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Correct...

Jim Torgeson = El Toro

He called me yesterday... lol... laughing about me calling him a dick!

If the shoe fits...

$tEvil ;-)
K.K.VanMalmsteen
Headlining Clubs

Post by K.K.VanMalmsteen »

hairFarmer67 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:27 pm If it's the guy I'm thinking of - tall, stocky, blond - I kinda think he was (or worked for) one of the bigger Pay to Play promoters around 87-88, had an 2nd/3rd floor office adjacent to the Whisky.
Pretty sure that's also the same guy who ran/owned The Electric Ballroom in Tempe, one of the best live music venues in town in the mid 90's. Caught alot of shows and had many a good time there back in the day.
eddie lee roth wrote:If you want to hold hands and sing Kumbaya before we blow each other you've come to the wrong place motherfucker.
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:25 am Ready, Set, Anal.
$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

K.K.VanMalmsteen wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:26 pm
hairFarmer67 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:27 pm If it's the guy I'm thinking of - tall, stocky, blond - I kinda think he was (or worked for) one of the bigger Pay to Play promoters around 87-88, had an 2nd/3rd floor office adjacent to the Whisky.
Pretty sure that's also the same guy who ran/owned The Electric Ballroom in Tempe, one of the best live music venues in town in the mid 90's. Caught alot of shows and had many a good time there back in the day.
Correct.

Tuff played there a few times as well.

$tEvil
NearlyNormal
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by NearlyNormal »

$tEvil

No part 9?

#nopart9?
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

NearlyNormal wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:21 am

$tEvil

No part 9?

#nopart9?

Actually #9 & #10 are about 90-95% done!

As I said before, no wine before it's time.

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Re: TUFF DIARIES #1 thru #9 ... This STICKY will be the home of future entries, enjoy. $tEvil

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

TUFF DIARIES #9
Summer Tour ’89, Andy McCoy, Def Leftovers, Max the Model, Z-Rock, Tommi Gunn & Lit
#Tuff #TuffDiaries #StevieRachelle #AndyMcCoy #HanoiRocks #MaxWasa #ZRock #TommiGunn #Lit #JeremyPopoff #AjayPopoff #BlueOysterCult #Murderdolls #MetalSludge
http://metalsludge.tv/tuff-diaries-9-su ... -gunn-lit/

$tEvil
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Re: TUFF DIARIES #1 thru #9 ... This STICKY will be the home of future entries, enjoy. $tEvil

Post by keyofgee »

cool stuff as usual..I just got a copy of a music video my friend shot of Stained (Lit) from the 90's..are you in it?

the water's club..great place to be back in the day..kids will never know what its like to live in the 80's..
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

Yet another good read Stevie! It almost feels like I am traveling along with you as you recall all of these great stories.
NearlyNormal
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by NearlyNormal »

keyofgee wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:01 amkids will never know what its like to live in the 80's..

Ya think? :D
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Been about a month now. #10 coming soon?
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Bludegeon wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:34 am Been about a month now. #10 coming soon?
Funny you ask... any minute.

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

TUFF DIARIES #10
Goodbye 1989, Jessica Hahn, Skid Row, Martha Quinn, Young Gunns, Flyer Wars & Cock-Rings
#Tuff #TuffDiaries #JessicaHahn #SkidRow #MarthaQuinn #Mtv #YoungGunns #FlyerWars #CockRings #SebastianBach #Taz
#BrianKushner #TawnMastery #Knac #OPP #ThudShow
#PenelopeSpheeris #HeavyMetalThunderAndMud #StevieRachelle #MetalSludge
http://metalsludge.tv/tuff-diares-10-go ... ock-rings/

$ludge
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Re: TUFF DIARIES #1 thru #10 ... This STICKY will be the home of future entries, enjoy. $tEvil

Post by BlackCrypt »

BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Re: TUFF DIARIES #1 thru #10 ... This STICKY will be the home of future entries, enjoy. $tEvil

Post by BlackCrypt »

No pics of you and Kelly?

You passed on Wayne's World?

Jessica may have started my obsession for gingers.

MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

BlackCrypt wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:19 pm No pics of you and Kelly?

You passed on Wayne's World?

Jessica may have started my obsession for gingers.

No.

Yes.

Hahn would tell me in our phone calls, "I like something in my mouth, to help me go to sleep"

She considered a dick, like a pacifier.

$tEvil
Nitrorulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by Nitrorulz »

I love reading these.
That being said, I think you could’ve omitted this..

“Tuff did that (minus the music school)”

I think it is pretty well implied.
:mrgreen:
SikkiNixx

Post by SikkiNixx »

This thread needs steel toe boots ...Name dropping Norman mentions every single celeb you see in Hollywood.. We understand theres famous people eating outside... but still... good reading... so my question is... its obvious that Tuff had money ... why didn't they, or you, Norman, buy a couple good songs?? Ive listened to a bunch of Tuff.. lots of songs.. probably pretty close to all there is online... the only constant so far, is theres no Good songs... which aint no huge secret or anything.. so by not purchasing a song or hiring a tried and true writer, was the reason something like the old ego?? I Would Do Anything For Love, But I Won't Do That type of thing?? Or was that just too expensive??? Or what??? You guys had everything... every single ingredient in music... except for good songs. if this question is already answered somewhere else in the first 4 pages, answer it again lol
New World Under Attack
Or Turn To Black
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

And adding to the above question, were bands who did "make it" before you guys buying songs?
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
SikkiNixx

Post by SikkiNixx »

What cowpins asked too...
So, I'm not saying you shoulda went straight to Desmond, but someone... you guys had a good 6-8 years to go before the whole tsunami came and washed off all the TUFF and Taz posters :wink: TONS of time to do things..
Up here we had a band called Slik Toxic, who got signed by EMI Canada, and they got a couple singles in heavy rotation and everything, but they missed the boat by 6-8 years.. I think it was already 1990 by the time their first real album came out, they called it Doin' The Nasty... stupid title.. But my point is that they had a guy outside the band who wrote all their lyrics and a lot of the music.. and he didn't even wanna be in the band... possibly cuz he saw the hair boat was listing on a 45 degree angle by then... So they at least knew they couldnt write songs good enough to get the hits needed by the guy on the cover of Dirty Rotten Filthy Sting Rich... he's probably married to 25 11 year old boys in Thailand these days.. even if he was a drawing.. he exists..
What say you?
New World Under Attack
Or Turn To Black
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Its been a while or is Uber your new thing now ?
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Are we getting #11 for Christmas !?
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

Yeah, Stevil, throw us a bone.