I am going to see the Hair Nation tour in Chicago tonight ....

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

EyeDocOfRock
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

I am going to see the Hair Nation tour in Chicago tonight ....

Post by EyeDocOfRock » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:52 am

A friend of mine from college who lives in Ft. Wayne , Indiana called me over the weekend and asked if I wanted to go see Jack Russell and the Bullet Boys ( and Enuff z Nuff, although I have Zero interest in Enuff z Nuff) in Chicago tonight ...I said , " Sure, if you are willing to drive 3 hours here and then another hour into Chicago, I am in for the show.".. the show tonight is at the House of Blues in Chicago , which is always a GREAT place to see a show .... it's gonna be a way late night for me , so I ll post my review tomorrow ....
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Re: I am going to see the Hair Nation tour in Chicago tonight ....

Post by Blumpkin King » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:23 am

I hope you didn't pay for tickets. They will probably be begging to get people off the street in there. Please take pictures of the crowd.
Fat_Elvis
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Fat_Elvis » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:12 am

Your friend must really hate his home life.
Anthony
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Anthony » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:49 am

I went to the Philly show a couple of weeks back. All of the bands sounded great.
Time to let go of some things. Check out my Ebay Store: https://www.ebay.com/sch/thesexyasthmatic/m.html
Crue, Maiden, Warrant, Jackyl, Slayer, Green Jello, Halestorm, Manson, Slipknot, Van Halen, White Zombie and more!
Hungwell
100 Million Hungwell Fans Can't Be Wrong

Post by Hungwell » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:16 am

Anthony wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:49 am
I went to the Philly show a couple of weeks back. All of the bands sounded great.
You were obviously at the wrong show.
LAglamrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by LAglamrocker » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:17 am

Why not just post the hateful review now
Jackyl will be on 2019 tour(hope)
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
BadDogWater
Headlining Clubs

Post by BadDogWater » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:39 am

3 hour driv? I'm all for three hour drives but I end up in Pismo,,Vegas, San Diego, or Mammoth. Not Jack Russels Great White.
lifelike
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lifelike » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:10 pm

Fat_Elvis wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:12 am
Your friend must really hate his home life.
:lol: Prob married with kids.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:37 pm

Blumpkin King wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:23 am
I hope you didn't pay for tickets. They will probably be begging to get people off the street in there. Please take pictures of the crowd.
What crowd? Both of us? :lol:
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:59 pm

Wow! This place is packed! Got to be a sellout...

Just kidding. :lol:
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:28 pm

Jack Russel fell down early in the set. He seemed ok and continued.
Psychobolia.com
Cockblocked by Poison
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:22 am

Enuff is a Chicago band isn't it? Place should be jam packed. Am eargly awaiting a full review and pix!
EyeDocOfRock
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by EyeDocOfRock » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:47 am

My review of the show last night .... Chicago House of Blues is always such a cool place for a concert ...

The venue was about 70% full ... and yes Enuff Z Nuff is a Chicago based band ...

Bullet Boys opened the show with kinda in your face Jam , Marq's vocals were a little muffled to begin with , but sound guy got that fixed pretty quickly . The band overall sound good and Mark was smiling and having a good time on stage . They played about 40 minutes

Enuff Z Nuff was second band on ... I am not really a fan of these guys ... with that said they actually sounded good and Chip did a lot of interacting with the crowd ... I don't know their music all that well , but overall the band was jamming... Chip and his guitar player got dick to ass with each other and Chip did a reach around and played the guitar players guitar for a solo for a few minutes from behind the guitar player and the guitar player reached behind himself and played Chip's bass that was slung around Chips neck..kinda weird but pretty cool at the same time ..the crowd really seemed to enjoy them ...they played about 45 minutes.

Jack Russell and his band came out last ...they played a lot of Great White's old hits ... jack sounded great .. the band sounded great ., jack is having some trouble moving , his neck looks like it's been fused maybe ... but I always enjoyed their music and Jack actually surprised me at how well he sounded ... overall Jack's Great White sounded really good .. Rock Me is one of my top 10 favorite songs of all time and they did a great job playing this song . They played about 90 minutes

So overall , the show started right on time .... The setup between acts was about 15-20 minutes between acts ... and Jack was very appreciative for the fan support .,,, Marq was having a great time on stage for his set ... And Chip well he is a unique character ... overall I was pleasantly surprised and entertained by these three acts !!!!
Last edited by EyeDocOfRock on Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:53 am

You're not supposed to be positive on this tour. It's supposed to be a train wreck BUT it's done (surprisedly) well for weeks.
jorge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by jorge » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:45 am

Are all of Jack Russells ailments from addiction?
Does he have a disease? I'm curious to why he's in such bad shape.
"if it does'nt fit force it, if it breaks it needed to be replaced!" -Hetfield
Anthrax442
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Anthrax442 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:55 pm

jorge wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:45 am
Pills will fuck you up, man. He was so bad on them that when he had that stool incident years back when there was only one Great White, he perforated his bowel because of how bad the opioids were. And now he's 10 years older than that.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
Mazerati
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Mazerati » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:27 pm

after the show i think i saw Chip Z Nuff in the middle of the street filming another music video
FreddyFender
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by FreddyFender » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Bulletboys are always fun and Jack's always solid... but your friend drove four hours for that? Dont those guys play every town in America on a regular basis??
Roody
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Roody » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:48 am

I saw the show in Orlando a couple weeks back. Good set by all three bands.
Earl Skakel

Post by Earl Skakel » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:53 am

jorge wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:45 am
I saw him at The Rainbow eating next to me and I don't think I've ever seen a person look so bad in my life. He walks with a limp and his body is kind of tilted due to his neck issues, to me he literally looked like a human version of Yoda. He seemed in good spirits but man to go through life everyday in that condition has to be depressing. I don't know how in the hell he is on tour?

Earl
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:24 pm

EyeDocOfRock wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:47 am
My review of the show last night .... Chicago House of Blues is always such a cool place for a concert ...

The venue was about 70% full ... and yes Enuff Z Nuff is a Chicago based band ...

Bullet Boys opened the show with kinda in your face Jam , Marq's vocals were a little muffled to begin with , but sound guy got that fixed pretty quickly . The band overall sound good and Mark was smiling and having a good time on stage . They played about 40 minutes

Enuff Z Nuff was second band on ... I am not really a fan of these guys ... with that said they actually sounded good and Chip did a lot of interacting with the crowd ... I don't know their music all that well , but overall the band was jamming... Chip and his guitar player got dick to ass with each other and Chip did a reach around and played the guitar players guitar for a solo for a few minutes from behind the guitar player and the guitar player reached behind himself and played Chip's bass that was slung around Chips neck..kinda weird but pretty cool at the same time ..the crowd really seemed to enjoy them ...they played about 45 minutes.

Jack Russell and his band came out last ...they played a lot of Great White's old hits ... jack sounded great .. the band sounded great ., jack is having some trouble moving , his neck looks like it's been fused maybe ... but I always enjoyed their music and Jack actually surprised me at how well he sounded ... overall Jack's Great White sounded really good .. Rock Me is one of my top 10 favorite songs of all time and they did a great job playing this song . They played about 90 minutes

So overall , the show started right on time .... The setup between acts was about 15-20 minutes between acts ... and Jack was very appreciative for the fan support .,,, Marq was having a great time on stage for his set ... And Chip well he is a unique character ... overall I was pleasantly surprised and entertained by these three acts !!!!
First off, 70%? Really? It's not like the place was empty, but there's no fucking way it was 70% full. Maybe 60%? Upstairs was nearly empty.

Second, how can you give a review of this show without mentioning Jack falling on his ass? Best part of the show!
hairmetalmusic.com
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by hairmetalmusic.com » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:57 pm

I looked at tickets for the upcoming Dallas show and 90% of the upstairs tickets are already sold.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:53 am

That-guy wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:24 pm
EyeDocOfRock wrote:

First off, 70%? Really? It's not like the place was empty, but there's no fucking way it was 70% full. Maybe 60%? Upstairs was nearly empty.

Second, how can you give a review of this show without mentioning Jack falling on his ass? Best part of the show!

Video of the fall?

$ludge
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:26 pm

MetalSludgeCEO wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:53 am
That-guy wrote:
EyeDocOfRock wrote:

Video of the fall?

$ludge
https://youtu.be/enkdfzznZIQ
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:30 pm

That-guy wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:26 pm
MetalSludgeCEO wrote:
That-guy wrote:

Video of the fall?

$ludge
This video has as many views as there were people at the show!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:31 pm

pieceofme wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:30 pm
That-guy wrote:
MetalSludgeCEO wrote:

Video of the fall?

$ludge
More. :lol:
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:53 pm

After the fall he recovered and went back doing Kurt Cobain stage moves
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
DonJuanDeMarco

Post by DonJuanDeMarco » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:08 pm

That-guy wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:31 pm
pieceofme wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:30 pm
That-guy wrote:

Somebody has got to get Jack, Pearcy and Vince sober just long enough to watch some recent clips of themselves.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Blizzard of Cos
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Blizzard of Cos » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:47 pm

He looks forlorne.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:34 am

I watched the video of that fall with white knuckles. He looks very unstable.
That said, I was shocked to see him moving around like that, given the last video I saw he was on a stool with a colostomy bag.