UFC 296 - Dec. 16th 2023 ... Stacked Card w. Ferguson Vs: Pimblett, Edwards Vs: Covington and many other bouts

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

UFC 296 - Dec. 16th 2023 ... Stacked Card w. Ferguson Vs: Pimblett, Edwards Vs: Covington and many other bouts

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Who is gonna watch?

UFC 290
Featherweight·Main event
Alexander Volkanovski 25 - 2 - 0 Vs: YairRodríguez 16 - 3 - 0 , 1NC

Flyweight·Co-main
Brandon Moreno 21 - 6 - 2 Vs: Alexandre Pantoja 25 - 5 - 0

Middleweight
Robert Whittaker 25 - 6 - 0 Vs: Dricus Du Plessis 19 - 2 - 0

And a ton of other solid fights...

$tEvil
Last edited by MetalSludgeCEO on Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:14 am, edited 34 times in total.
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Re: UFC 263 … Tonight June 12th there is a Great UFC Card

Post by gtshark1 »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:24 am Who is gonna watch?

$tEvil
I'll watch the prelims. I don't pay to view.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

I'll be watching.

I'm rooting for Vettori, but I reckon Israel makes a statement and puts him away fairly early.

Edwards is going to dominate Nate.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

That dude's arm.... wow... that was NOT good.

Google UFC broken dangling arm...ouch!

$tEvil
DrLoveMunster
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by DrLoveMunster »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:24 pm That dude's arm.... wow... that was NOT good.

$tEvil
I think when his arm first snapped he was signalling for a ref that was awake.

Then he was just like..."Well shit. Guess it's on me."
DrLoveMunster
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by DrLoveMunster »

Hoooly shit.

His arm was only badly dislocated and they popped it back in.

How is that even possible.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

DrLoveMunster wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:51 pm
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:24 pm That dude's arm.... wow... that was NOT good.

$tEvil
I think when his arm first snapped he was signalling for a ref that was awake.

Then he was just like..."Well shit. Guess it's on me."
he could have verbally tapped.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

pieceofme wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:08 pm I'll be watching.

I'm rooting for Vettori, but I reckon Israel makes a statement and puts him away fairly early.

Edwards is going to dominate Nate.
Well, Edwards dominated most the fight until right at the end when Nate rocked him.

Izzy didn't get the knockout, but it was a decisive and controlling victory.

Very happy for Mordeno. He looked great.

Dober vs. Riddell was also a great fight.

TeslaFan
Recording Debut Album

Post by TeslaFan »

I watched it. Nate Diaz lost but as the announcers said, added to his legend.
He was getting beat up bad, rallied in the 5th round. He must have the ability
to absorb any and all amount of pain. His face was torn to bits like usual and he
just kept going.
Just a regular guy who likes Metal
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Okay... it's Trilogy Time... UFC 264 - McGregor Vs: Poirier III

Conor KO'd Dustin the 1st time in Round 1!
Dustin KO'd Conor the 2nd time in Round 2!

Conor McGregor = 22-5-0
Dustin Poirier = 27-6-0 (1 NC)

Who ya got?

It's this Sat. July 10th 2021

Some great fights on the card... including Gilbert Burns Vs: Steven "Wonder Boy" Thompson.

Thompson's kicking ability is pretty off the charts nuts!

$tEvil
ShawnoftheDead
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by ShawnoftheDead »

Dustin all day. He has grown so much as a fighter since their first encounter many years ago. Conor has regressed and his grappling has been exposed badly in the last few years. He got what he wanted last time from Dustin which was a brawl...and he still got finished. I dont see a way for him to win if this fight gets outside of the first round or two.

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:08 am Okay... it's Trilogy Time... UFC 264 - McGregor Vs: Poirier III

Conor KO'd Dustin the 1st time in Round 1!
Dustin KO'd Conor the 2nd time in Round 2!

Conor McGregor = 22-5-0
Dustin Poirier = 27-6-0 (1 NC)

Who ya got?

It's this Sat. July 10th 2021

Some great fights on the card... including Gilbert Burns Vs: Steven "Wonder Boy" Thompson.

Thompson's kicking ability is pretty off the charts nuts!

$tEvil
TeslaFan
Recording Debut Album

Re: UFC 264 ... It's Trilogy Time: Conor McGregor Vs: Dustin Poirier III - this Sat. July 10th 2021

Post by TeslaFan »

Conor is good in rematches but Dustin will knock his block off. The fight preceding will be a great one too.
Dustin knows the key to winning is just weathering the storm of the first 5 minutes. After that, Conor tends to be
human and beatable. I'm excited for this one.
Just a regular guy who likes Metal
MetalSludgeCEO

Re: UFC 264 ... It's Trilogy Time: Conor McGregor Vs: Dustin Poirier III - this Sat. July 10th 2021

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Conor is back to talking smack at the weigh-in and presser... and the little I saw, he was reaching and it was weak.

His golden age of being able to do no wrong, win fights, talk smack, make predictions, etc.. has passed.

We shall see if he shows up and fights, or if he is laying on the canvas again.

Either way...I will drop the $$... it's a good card.

$tEvil
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Poirier going to win by submission this time.

As Teslafan said, Poirier just needs to get through the first 5 minutes. And I think he will. He's just a better all round fighter.

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:50 pm Conor is back to talking smack at the weigh-in and presser... and the little I saw, he was reaching and it was weak.

His golden age of being able to do no wrong, win fights, talk smack, make predictions, etc.. has passed.

$tEvil
The main event and co-main event are. The others on the main card, not so much. Better fights on the prelims.

MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Pumped for Conor Vs: Dustin III tonight.

I am rooting for Conor by KO in the 1st...or early 2nd round.

Remember... Conor won the 1st round in fight #2, on ALL judges score cards.

Also, Dustin admits that he got rocked hard in fight #2, and felt he could've been close to being KO'd again.

The one thing that happened last time, was the leg (calf) kicks... which Conor didn't defend well, and that was his undoing.

Oh well... we shall see later tonight.

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

pieceofme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:01 pm
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:50 pm Conor is back to talking smack at the weigh-in and presser... and the little I saw, he was reaching and it was weak.

$tEvil
The main event and co-main event are. The others on the main card, not so much. Better fights on the prelims.

"""""The others on the main card, not so much."""""

How about Sean "The Sugar Show" O'Malley? That kid is pretty fun to watch... kind of unorthodox for sure, but interesting to watch.

Also.. that heavyweight kid from New Zealand, that Tai Tuwivasa kid... he swings for the KO with every punch... and if you don't know... he's fighting that Greg Hardy guy.

This is the same dude who was in the NFL, and was arrested for domestic when he beat the sh!t out of his girlfriend... total loser, I hope Tai floors him flat!

$tEvil
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:44 am
pieceofme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:01 pm
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:50 pm

This is the same dude who was in the NFL, and was arrested for domestic when he beat the sh!t out of his girlfriend... total loser, I hope Tai floors him flat!

$tEvil
And was given absolute cans to fight in his first few matchups. Was disqualified for kicking or kneeing downed opponent. Once he was given someone decent to fight he got dominated yet he's still on the main cards because if his name.

I'm with you, hope this woman beater gets a serious beat down.
jaimest.lane
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by jaimest.lane »

Just lost some bank on Ryan Hall, for submission...

I have Dustin.
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

Hardy got KO'd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

McGregor broken ankle. TKO by Dr. Stoppage end of R1. Crappy end and questionable future.
Civil_war
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Civil_war »

Oh man! That was a bad break.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Well... McGregor has reverted to being the extra douche he was during the whole Khabib feud. Lame.

I am and have been a fan of his for years, but talking sh!t on Dustin's wife, threats to kill him, etc.. are beyond juvenile.

Per that broken leg/ankle... pretty crazy... that might be curtains for his MMA career, he's just too rich to really be hungry to fight.

9 of 10 guys in the UFC are praying for a $50k bonus check... Conor has watches collecting dust that are worth more.

He's made $180M in 2021, and it's only July. That Proper 12 brand might push him to billionaire status as some point, nuts.

Dustin def owned him in the later part of that round, but I really would have liked to have seen a few more rounds, that ending sucked.

Tai did not disappoint, Hardy on his back was nice.

Sugar Show was great, but how about the green haired zombie he fought? Wow... that kid would NOT go away. Cray!

Wonder Boy fight sucked balls... he's only fun to watch standing, as soon as he gets taken down it's over.

Dana said the gate was $16.7M and PPV were in the 1.7M range at $70.00 a pop, that's $ 135,000,000.00 night. Not including merch, future licensing revenue, etc...

$tEvil
Civil_war

Post by Civil_war »

Ugh...looks like Jake Paul tastes blood in the water...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jake-pau ... or-ufc-264
Civil_war

Post by Civil_war »

Looks like Kurt Angle hit him with a jab too. Will Connor be the next MMA fighter to transition into the WWE? He doesn't need the money, so I don't see why he would. But he's definitely got the character for it.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/kurt-ang ... gor-injury
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

UFC on ESPN starting at 4:pm (PST)... who is watching?

The main card Russian dude is a Khabib prospect... looks like his brother.

There must be some inbreeding going on over there, cause they all look alike and somewhat deformed.

My GF Meisha Tate is back after a 5 year layoff... I'd still hit it.

Venue:UFC Apex - Watch on:ESPN

Lightweight·Main event
Islam Makhachev 19-1-0 Vs: Thiago Moisés 15 - 4 - 0

Women Bantamweight Co-main
Marion Reneau 9-7-1 Vs: Miesha Tate 18 - 7 - 0

Lightweight
Jeremy Stephens 28 - 18 - 0 , 1NC Vs; Mateusz Gamrot 18 - 1 - 0 , 1NC

$tEvil
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:32 pm UFC on ESPN starting at 4:pm (PST)... who is watching?

The main card Russian dude is a Khabib prospect... looks like his brother.

There must be some inbreeding going on over there, cause they all look alike and somewhat deformed.

My GF Meisha Tate is back after a 5 year layoff... I'd still hit it.

Venue:UFC Apex - Watch on:ESPN

Lightweight·Main event
Islam Makhachev 19-1-0 Vs: Thiago Moisés 15 - 4 - 0

Women Bantamweight Co-main
Marion Reneau 9-7-1 Vs: Miesha Tate 18 - 7 - 0

Lightweight
Jeremy Stephens 28 - 18 - 0 , 1NC Vs; Mateusz Gamrot 18 - 1 - 0 , 1NC

$tEvil
Yep, watching. I always look for a good HW or LHW fight and this card only has one big boy fight. Oh well, there's a few Middle/Welterweight clashes so that will have to do. Looking forward to Tate and the main event though.
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Re: UFC July 17th ... Khabib's student Islam Makachev is the main-fight... also Meisha Tate returns. She's yummy

Post by gtshark1 »

Another great night of fights. Makhachev is as advertised. He's not Kabib but nobody is. Tate was facing an opponent she should beat amd did just that. Interesting Reneau is a PE teacher in my area. Didn't know before tonight. Respect to her for a nice little UFC career.

And the UFC will do it all over again next weekend. Their events are far and above any other organization or sport.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Re: UFC July 17th ... Khabib's student Islam Makachev is the main-fight... also Meisha Tate returns. She's yummy

Post by Mister Freeze »

Perfect comment from Reddit:

Holly vs Miesha 2. Winner loses to Amanda
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

gtshark1 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:57 pm Another great night of fights. Makhachev is as advertised. He's not Kabib but nobody is. Tate was facing an opponent she should beat amd did just that. Interesting Reneau is a PE teacher in my area. Didn't know before tonight. Respect to her for a nice little UFC career.

And the UFC will do it all over again next weekend. Their events are far and above any other organization or sport.
Yup... UFC has a great thing going... and I like Dana White's no B.S. approach... he doesn't mince words!

Next week TJ Dillashaw returns... that should be interesting... I always kind of figured he was juicing, I mean for 135 pounder, he looked ROID'd as F#@k.

The bouts between him and Cody Garbrandt were epic... and usually those lightweights aren't that exciting, but they had genuine hate for each other.

$tEvil