Falling In Reverse cancels gig - no laptops

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Wrathhead
Picking a Band Name

Falling In Reverse cancels gig - no laptops

Post by Wrathhead »

So Saturday I worked the stage at a local radio station's 30th anniversary show in suburban Chicago. Lineup was supposed to be:

Shinedown
Falling In Reverse
Jelly Roll
Jackyl
Saliva
Royal Bliss
Through Fire
Lilith Czar

The 3 top spots were going to be playing on the main stage while everyone else was relegated to the second stage. Main stage was huge and second stage was still a nice setup. Friday afternoon the dude from FIR makes a social media post that they have to cancel their performance because they just got off of a tour and lost their laptops. He even tried to blame it on the crew. Then he goes on to say that "if you're a touring band in 2022, you know how vital laptops are. It would be like trying to drive a car without an engine" or words to that effect.

He got rightfully roasted online for it, as they had cancelled their previous Chicago area appearance under sketchy circumstances as well. A lot of people asking why they couldn't just plug in their instruments and play and sing without the laptops, but I guess their "performance" relies heavily on them. They ended up moving Jackyl over to the main stage and show went on. Jesse make a crack on the stage that he found a couple of laptops and did anyone know who might have lost them.

Question I have is: If these laptops are SO important to your show that you wont even attempt to do one without them, why do you not have backups? And I would think these files (tracks) would be easily downloaded onto new laptops, right? There was still over 24 hours before they were supposed to play. Or maybe its just all a lame smoke screen to mask another reason to not do the gig.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Falling In Reverse cancels gig - no laptops

Post by HueyRamone »

yeah, there's no reason not to have backups of all your tracks. I'm sure the studio u use could dropbox em to you if needed.

Seems like a sorta bullshit excuse, but why would you make that up? Makes you sound like lipsynching Santa Cruz style sissies.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Top band played Jackyl
Guess Jackyl laptop worked :lol:
Still have not figured if chainsaw solo is real or on tape/ think they use fake wood also
The Toys R Us chainsaw looks cool
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

What kind of music does Falling in Reverse play? I’ve never heard of them. And they were second on the bill?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

What kind of music does Falling in Reverse play? I’ve never heard of them. And they were second on the bill?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
rockker
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by rockker »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:56 pm What kind of music does Falling in Reverse play? I’ve never heard of them. And they were second on the bill?
Shitty music.

Wife loves them. They’re fucking awful. I doubt they even know if a guitar is in tune, let alone know how to play one
Kiss fans are like old men at the strip club. We know we're getting bilked but give 'em our money anyway. - Danko Jones
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

rockker wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:59 pm
DemonFilth2001 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:56 pm What kind of music does Falling in Reverse play? I’ve never heard of them. And they were second on the bill?
Shitty music.

Wife loves them. They’re fucking awful. I doubt they even know if a guitar is in tune, let alone know how to play one
So, you don’t recommend them?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Playboyliquor59
Recording Debut Album

Post by Playboyliquor59 »

MANY bands would cancel over this, you just don’t have any idea what happens behind the scenes. If the tracks and or production rely on it, why would they come out and play and sound like garbage when they are used to doing those songs a certain way and get ripped apart when it ends up on YouTube. Band blows but all the interludes and songs are very track based
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Shitty music.

Dont know about now, but they started out with a fookin shred monster on guitar

https://youtu.be/b2Lq_HJ6FyI?t=21

In a poison Tshirt!
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

HueyRamone wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:10 pm
Shitty music.

Dont know about now, but they started out with a fookin shred monster on guitar

https://youtu.be/b2Lq_HJ6FyI?t=21

In a poison Tshirt!
That is how you shred your guit!!!!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Is your enter button stuck or something? This has been going on for a while now. #moreannoyingthanusual....
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
d2drums
Headlining Clubs

Post by d2drums »

I've heard the name but I've never listened to a note... Until just now. It's very easy to hear this is uber produced / studio nonsense... I guess if this "music" is your thing, I can see why they can't" perform" without their technology. They make Santa Cruz look like The Beatles.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:16 pm
That is how you shred your guit!!!!
According to wiki, he's been out of the band for 7 years, surprisingly on good terms.

My son had tickets to go, but we were doing stuff for my birthday so he sold them to hang out with us. Turns out to have been a good decision, apparently.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

When it comes to younger bands, they might not even be playing through a heads… might be their VST lined out into a cab/PA. In that case, all their amp settings and effects, drum triggers, etc - gone. The songs were written dependent on all that technology.

Saying they should just plug in and play because that’s how bands in the 80s did it is like someone bitching about Frank Sinatra needing a microphone because he couldn’t project like opera singers in the 1890s or something. Frank could sing just fine, but that new style of music was dependent on the new technology.

People putting them on blast is just your usual sad old man shit. Times changed.
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

Wrathhead wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:09 pm

They ended up moving Jackyl over to the main stage and show went on. Jesse make a crack on the stage that he found a couple of laptops and did anyone know who might have lost them.
Was Jackyl before, or after Jellyroll??
Wrathhead wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:09 pm Question I have is: If these laptops are SO important to your show that you wont even attempt to do one without them, why do you not have backups? And I would think these files (tracks) would be easily downloaded onto new laptops, right? There was still over 24 hours before they were supposed to play. Or maybe its just all a lame smoke screen to mask another reason to not do the gig.
Don't u think whoever stole the fuckin' laptops would also steal the BACKUP laptops??
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Ever since we discussed KISS' in-ear monitor feeds and click tracks, I assume almost everyone is using them.... and it prevents me from fully enjoying a show.

Even Aerosmith last week, as good as they were, seemed to be using one.

That clip of Smashing Pumpkins on Fallon... the drummer seemed more concerned with playing to some kind of track than playing with feel. He's been "Eric-Singered."

And these are the old guys. Imagine what it's like for a new band.

I just want some rock group to come out and rip... push the tempo, pull back on the tempo, and just show some in-the-moment energy. The Foo Fighters seem to be one of the few. They absolutely destroyed the stage during that Wembley tribute show.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
AlexVonHaig
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by AlexVonHaig »

FreddyFender wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:32 pm When it comes to younger bands, they might not even be playing through a heads… might be their VST lined out into a cab/PA. In that case, all their amp settings and effects, drum triggers, etc - gone. The songs were written dependent on all that technology.

Saying they should just plug in and play because that’s how bands in the 80s did it is like someone bitching about Frank Sinatra needing a microphone because he couldn’t project like opera singers in the 1890s or something. Frank could sing just fine, but that new style of music was dependent on the new technology.

People putting them on blast is just your usual sad old man shit. Times changed.
If they are so tech savvy, they should have had back up plans in order. Is that old man shit too?
ralph
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by ralph »

Having worked TON of shows, most people don't even realize that perhaps their fave musician is not even playing anymore.

Motley - Allegedly, good example of this.

Mick -blended, barely live

Nikki - tracks on 90%+, bass not even on

Tommy - 75% fake

Vince- IS Live ! Ha!!!!!
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

The guy Ronnie Radke did some serious time for being involved in a murder and has other accusations against him:

Involvement in killing and prison sentence
On May 6, 2006, then 22-year-old Radke met with Marcel Colquitt near Shadow Ridge High School, at the north end of Decatur Boulevard, at approximately 2:30 PM to fight.[34][35] Each man brought additional men to support them in the fight, with news reports placing the number of those involved at anywhere from six to eight individuals. During the fight, 22-year-old Chase Rader, a man who had accompanied Radke, shot 18-year-old Michael Allen Cook three times, killing him, as well as wounding another man, Colquitt's brother.[36] Rader was arrested for and charged with murder but the district attorney declined to prosecute him, despite his confession, as it was determined Rader acted in self-defense.[36][37]

Radke and Colquitt were criminally charged for their involvement in Cook's death, although Colquitt committed suicide before he could stand trial.[38] On January 18, 2008, Radke pleaded guilty to battery with substantial bodily harm in relation to Cook's death and subsequently was ordered to be placed on probation for five years, and he was ordered to pay $92,372 in restitution for the medical bills of Michael Colquitt.[35][39] After Radke violated the terms of his probation, he was made to serve two and a half years in prison.[40][41][42]

Because of his criminal activity and prison sentence, Escape the Fate fired Radke. Craig Mabbitt, formerly of the band Blessthefall, replaced the imprisoned Radke.[43][44]

Domestic violence arrest
On May 1, 2012, Radke was accused of striking his then-girlfriend, Sally Watts, and was subsequently arrested in Glendale, California on August 6, 2012, after he'd failed to make an appearance at any of the scheduled court hearings.[45][46] He was officially charged with a misdemeanor count of corporal injury and misdemeanor false imprisonment by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.[47] He was released on $30,000 bail. On May 14, 2014, Radke pleaded no contest to disturbance of the peace.[48][49]

Six Flags assault arrest
On September 29, 2012, Radke was performing as part of Falling in Reverse for FestEVIL, a punk rock festival for Six Flags Great Adventure's Fright Fest event, when he threw three microphone stands into the audience at the close of a performance, injuring a 16-year-old girl, who was taken to the hospital, and a 24-year-old man, who was treated at the scene.[50] Radke was charged with simple assault and aggravated assault and released on $25,000 bail.[51][52] Radke publicly apologized for his actions, saying that his actions were not in anger and that he hadn't intended to hurt anyone.[53][54] Six Flags subsequently decided to ban hard rock and heavy metal bands from performing at the park in the future.[55]

Rape allegation and defamation lawsuit
On June 10, 2015, it was reported that Radke had been publicly accused of sexual assault by 25-year-old Katelynd "Kacee" Boswell, of Salt Lake City, Utah. Boswell alleged that Radke (with his bus driver present) had sexually assaulted her after Falling in Reverse's performance at Murray Theater on June 3, 2015. Though it was determined that Radke had contact with Boswell, police found no evidence that Radke or his entourage had assaulted Boswell as she'd claimed they did and an eyewitness reported that she was visibly intoxicated upon exiting Radke's vehicle.[56] Radke subsequently filed a lawsuit against Boswell for defamation.[57][58]
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Is every new band's name a sentence nowadays? FeelTheCringe.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

AlexVonHaig wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:42 amIs that old man shit too?
Yes.
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

Tommy wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:45 am Is every new band's name a sentence nowadays? FeelTheCringe.
Lol in defense of any new band coming up with a name, all the good (or at least socially acceptable ones) 1-2 word band names have been used up for years.
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
Wrathhead
Picking a Band Name

Post by Wrathhead »

LAglamrocker wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:27 pm Top band played Jackyl
Still have not figured if chainsaw solo is real or on tape/ think they use fake wood also
I picked up the chainsaw after the gig as it was sitting on top of the guitarists speakers. - its real, as is the wood and sawdust that was swept up
Wrathhead
Picking a Band Name

Post by Wrathhead »

REO Cokewagon wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:20 pm
Wrathhead wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:09 pm

They ended up moving Jackyl over to the main stage and show went on. Jesse make a crack on the stage that he found a couple of laptops and did anyone know who might have lost them.
Was Jackyl before, or after Jellyroll??
Wrathhead wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:09 pm Question I have is: If these laptops are SO important to your show that you wont even attempt to do one without them, why do you not have backups? And I would think these files (tracks) would be easily downloaded onto new laptops, right? There was still over 24 hours before they were supposed to play. Or maybe its just all a lame smoke screen to mask another reason to not do the gig.
Don't u think whoever stole the fuckin' laptops would also steal the BACKUP laptops??
Jackyl was before Jelly Roll

And I (nor the FIR guy) ever said they were stolen. He said they were "lost"
the_man_incognito
Headlining Clubs

Post by the_man_incognito »

AlexVonHaig wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:42 am
FreddyFender wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:32 pm When it comes to younger bands, they might not even be playing through a heads… might be their VST lined out into a cab/PA. In that case, all their amp settings and effects, drum triggers, etc - gone. The songs were written dependent on all that technology.

If they are so tech savvy, they should have had back up plans in order. Is that old man shit too?
They should have a backup plan for the back plan and then a contingency plan...
We're an 'old man' band...use real amps and drums..we do use a sampler for a intro and middle piece for when we switch guitars...and we use it for a backing track with a click for a couple songs that we can sub out...
We used to use the sample for more songs in the set...when we went to Europe, we just used an ipod we rigged...
We opened for a band where all the production was tied to a laptop..tons of backing tracks and the whole light show programmed...they cut their set short because they claimed that the club had too much interference and it was fucking with their wireless inear and guitar/bass (the little they played)...made them look like amateurs...
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Wrathhead wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:49 pm
LAglamrocker wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:27 pm Top band played Jackyl
I picked up the chainsaw after the gig as it was sitting on top of the guitarists speakers. - its real, as is the wood and sawdust that was swept up
He used to play it back in their club days.
Would piss off club owners by chopping up chairs and carving Jackyl in the low stage ceilings
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

the_man_incognito wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:14 pm

We're an 'old man' band...use real amps and drums..we do use a sampler for a intro and middle piece for when we switch guitars...and we use it for a backing track with a click for a couple songs that we can sub out...
We used to use the sample for more songs in the set...when we went to Europe, we just used an ipod we rigged...
We opened for a band where all the production was tied to a laptop..tons of backing tracks and the whole light show programmed...they cut their set short because they claimed that the club had too much interference and it was fucking with their wireless inear and guitar/bass (the little they played)...made them look like amateurs...
Ah, yeah - If only they'd gone on eBay and bought a vintage iPod to bring with them, everything would have been fine. :lol:
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:17 pm
Shitty music.

Falling in Reverse is a very Sludgy name. It canonizes failure and fall from grace. Not only are u fallin', ur fallin' in reverse.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

REO Cokewagon wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:52 pm
DemonFilth2001 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:17 pm

Shitty music.

Falling in Reverse is a very Sludgy name. It canonizes failure and fall from grace. Not only are u fallin', ur fallin' in reverse.
The reverse of falling is rising.
the_man_incognito
Headlining Clubs

Post by the_man_incognito »

FreddyFender wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:39 pm
the_man_incognito wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:14 pm

Ah, yeah - If only they'd gone on eBay and bought a vintage iPod to bring with them, everything would have been fine. :lol:
Did I say that? No...I said we were able to use an ipod in Europe for our backing tracks...being creative...
These young morons don't think ahead or have a back up plan and make themselves look moronic saying 'our laptops were stolen', so our band can't perform