I saw Donnie Vie last week

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

I saw Donnie Vie last week

Post by MattleyCrue »

Last Friday I saw Donnie Vie play a show and it was absolutely fantastic! He played two shows in the western NY area and I saw the Friday night show in Rochester.

Donnie is an absolute legend and his band sounded amazing. I enjoyed the show very much. Donnie is talented beyond belief and despite being sick he sounded great!

In no particular order here is what I remember from the set list.

New Thing
Kiss the Clown
Home Tonight
Baby Loves You
So Long
Come Together
Someday
Strength
Goodbye
Fly High Michelle
Revolution

I still have “Goodbye” in my head from last week. It was absolutely killer. It was nice to hear Home Tonight from ? as well as So Long from Peach Fuzz.

I hope Donnie comes to town again soon and if he is in your town I highly suggest to go see them! He should be fronting Enuff Z’Nuff!

Shout out to the incredibly talented Meddling Billy from the forums here for drumming for Donnie! Thanks for bringing DV to town!

10/10 show ☮️
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Nate S Axel

Re: I saw Donnie Vie last week

Post by Nate S Axel »

Cool! Did you get any cool pics? Were you wearing Metal Sludge swag? Did he do any encores after fans chanted his name?
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Did he set the facts strait?
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
inextrem
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by inextrem »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:39 pm Did he set the facts strait?
This
DangerZone
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DangerZone »

did he cover George strait?
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

The real question is, did you buy an overpriced $50.00 t-shirt, or are you going to wait until you can find one for $400?
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

MattleyCrue wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:19 pm despite being sick...

Why do I get the feeling he announces this at every show.

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
inextrem
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by inextrem »

DangerZone wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:57 pm did he cover George strait?
No, but played the entire first Dire STRAITs record.
DangerZone
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DangerZone »

inextrem wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:38 pm
the little fa**ot with the earring & the makeup?
AlexVonHaig

Post by AlexVonHaig »

Seeing Donnie play and fawn over him because of his issues is not genuine. Its like saying that winners in the special olympics are great.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

AlexVonHaig wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:05 am Seeing Donnie play and fawn over him because of his issues is not genuine. Its like saying that winners in the special olympics are great.
Did you see the weightlifting guy?

He was lifting a lot of weight.

It’s like he had retard strength or drugs maybe.
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

MattleyCrue wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:19 pm Last Friday I saw Donnie Vie play a show and it was absolutely fantastic! He played two shows in the western NY area and I saw the Friday night show in Rochester.

Donnie is an absolute legend and his band sounded amazing. I enjoyed the show very much. Donnie is talented beyond belief and despite being sick he sounded great!

New Thing
Kiss the Clown
Home Tonight
Baby Loves You
So Long
Come Together
Someday
Strength
Goodbye
Fly High Michelle
Revolution

I still have “Goodbye” in my head from last week. It was absolutely killer. It was nice to hear Home Tonight from ? as well as So Long from Peach Fuzz.

I hope Donnie comes to town again soon and if he is in your town I highly suggest to go see them! He should be fronting Enuff Z’Nuff!

Shout out to the incredibly talented Meddling Billy from the forums here for drumming for Donnie! Thanks for bringing DV to town!

10/10 show ☮️

A few things...

It's great that he is out doing some shows... but it's barely hit the radar... I haven't seen or heard word 1 about him playing in a few years... I guess you have to dig for it, or follow his social media to know he's out.

He has been the guy to constantly talk about being in the old band (Enuff Z'Nuff) and how it was boring playing the SAME songs night after night. Yet his set list here, appears to be 80-90% of the old songs, and the expected Beatles covers that he complained about playing in EZN. :roll:

$tEvil
inextrem
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by inextrem »

DangerZone wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:51 pm
No, that's the fifth record.
DangerZone
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DangerZone »

inextrem wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:20 pm
DangerZone wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:51 pm

No, that's the fifth record.
Ohhh.. that’s why there’s no jet airplane
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

I'm pretty sure he's playing with pick up bands or at least 1 New York/Long Island based band. He did a few shows opening for Zebra. They do well on Long Island playing Paramount Theater. I don't really think this is like a comeback tour or anything. It's just random shows.

It is odd that he's not playing more solo songs though. At least from the Beautiful Things record!
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:23 am I'm pretty sure he's playing with pick up bands or at least 1 New York/Long Island based band. He did a few shows opening for Zebra. They do well on Long Island playing Paramount Theater. I don't really think this is like a comeback tour or anything. It's just random shows.
Zebra still plays? Do they tour?
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
vernomatic
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by vernomatic »

MattleyCrue wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:19 pm Last Friday I saw Donnie Vie play a show and it was absolutely fantastic! He played two shows in the western NY area and I saw the Friday night show in Rochester.

New Thing
Kiss the Clown
Home Tonight
Baby Loves You
So Long
Come Together
Someday
Strength
Goodbye
Fly High Michelle
Revolution

10/10 show ☮️
Im in Rochester and almost went to that show. How was the turnout?
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

New Thing
Kiss the Clown
Home Tonight
Baby Loves You
So Long
Come Together
Someday
Strength
Goodbye
Fly High Michelle
Revolution

10/10 show ☮️
Did you buy a shirt? How many types did he have? What did you wear to the show? Did you get a drumstick from Meddling Billy?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

MattleyCrue wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:19 pm

Donnie is an absolute legend
Ummmm, no he isn’t.
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

10/10 show ☮️

Wait. Meddling Billy is a drummer for a hairband and NOW u tell us this?

How is he not being sludged?

Fuck Meddling Billy!!
Venom68
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by Venom68 »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:18 pm

Donnie is an absolute legend
Ummmm, no he isn’t.
A legend in his own mind. I’d be on the phone listening to him tell me how great he was and tooting his own horn. When he did this I’d remind him he’s not Paul Stanley to bring him back to reality.
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

He’s pure talent. I was grateful to see him. He does EZN songs justice to the real fans.
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

MattleyCrue wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:02 pm He’s pure talent. I was grateful to see him. He does EZN songs justice to the real fans.
vernomatic asked u what the turnout was u dumbfuck
skinni

Post by skinni »

Oh yeah, EZN was definitely the biggest band in the world, bigger than The Beatles even! They sold out stadiums and headlined arenas all over the globe. And Donnie was the most legendary front man of all time. He was so legendary, he even made up his own legend.

Don't get me wrong, I like the voice and the music, and growing up in Chicago I saw them countless times. Their first three releases with Frigo were stellar, and Frigo's LeMans work was amazing. But to consider any of them legends is absolutely ridiculous.

Mattley, thank you very much for the review. If he continues to tour, I will make an effort to see him, perhaps several times....
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

It’s 2023 turnout was 5000 more than Anthrax show

Little Indian Angel ’> Indians
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

It's good of you to view his addiction as a sickness.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12