Is the mUdVaYnE tour in danger?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

CANT_GET_ENUFF69
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Is the mUdVaYnE tour in danger?

Post by CANT_GET_ENUFF69 »

Ticket sales are terrible for every date. Do they cancel or downsize?

kingbrian74
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Is the mUdVaYnE tour in danger?

Post by kingbrian74 »

I was thinking about going for every band BUT Mudvayne.

I dig Coal Chamber, live GWAR (thought not the same without Dave), Nonpoint is cool, and the last Butcher Babies album was solid.

But I don’t give a shit about Mudvayne.

However, I could leave early and beat the traffic, but based on the seating chart above….there won’t be traffic.
kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by kytepunches »

I don’t know anything about them . Would this be the equivalent of Keel booking a tour in the 2000’s ?
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

kytepunches wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:49 pm I don’t know anything about them . Would this be the equivalent of Keel booking a tour in the 2000’s ?
It's the Nu-Metal Pardi Gras.

The point of this tour is to sell beer and nachos.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

Tour barely announced a month ago. First date isn't for another 3 .months. I agree it probably won't sell great but isn't this thread a bit premature?
ThurstonHolmes
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by ThurstonHolmes »

kingbrian74 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:06 pm I was thinking about going for every band BUT Mudvayne.

I dig Coal Chamber, live GWAR (thought not the same without Dave), Nonpoint is cool, and the last Butcher Babies album was solid.

But I don’t give a shit about Mudvayne.

However, I could leave early and beat the traffic, but based on the seating chart above….there won’t be traffic.
Hope the Butcher Babies perform topless.
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

I've become a Nonpoint fan in the last year. I never heard them before hearing "Bullet with a Name on it" on Octane. Saw then in concert late last year. Good stuff.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

GWAR is getting PAID$$$$$$
GWAR getting 80% of EVERYTHING!!! BEER merch and PARking PAID$$$$$
GWAR taking ALL NonPoint groupies!!!! ALL of THEM
$$$$GWAR$$$$

Why isn’t this tour playing Clovis???? CALIFORNIA
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Thebottomline
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Thebottomline »

Mudvane is scheduled to play at a R.V. park over in Washington. :lol:
Last edited by Thebottomline on Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

Meh. That's what everyone here said about that Slayer/King Diamond/Hell Yeah Mayhem fest but it kept going. I'm sure the promoters know full well this thing will only sell moderately, at best, and that they're dependent upon beer and merch sales from these meat heads. That said, this looks brutal.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Tymaster wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:31 pm Meh. That's what everyone here said about that Slayer/King Diamond/Hell Yeah Mayhem fest but it kept going. I'm sure the promoters know full well this thing will only sell moderately, at best, and that they're dependent upon beer and merch sales from these meat heads. That said, this looks brutal.
Yeah, that's Demi Lovato bad. Ouch.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
diablomozart
Headlining Clubs

Post by diablomozart »

didn't realize mudvayne was having a tour...i thought they broke up...d.m.
DARTH SILKWORMS
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by DARTH SILKWORMS »

diablomozart wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:39 pm didn't realize mudvayne was having a tour...i thought they broke up...d.m.
Danny Wimmer convinced them to reunite for his festivals.

Then they got the Rob Zombie slot last summer and the tour did very well, so LN took a chance on giving Mudvayne their own summer shed tour. Doubt they'll be given another one.
diablomozart
Headlining Clubs

Post by diablomozart »

DARTH SILKWORMS wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:34 pm
diablomozart wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:39 pm didn't realize mudvayne was having a tour...i thought they broke up...d.m.

Then they got the Rob Zombie slot last summer and the tour did very well, so LN took a chance on giving Mudvayne their own summer shed tour. Doubt they'll be given another one.
were they ever big enough to headline sheds? i mean i thought they had a couple of cool songs but never thought they were that big...d.m.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

diablomozart wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:43 pm
DARTH SILKWORMS wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:34 pm

were they ever big enough to headline sheds? i mean i thought they had a couple of cool songs but never thought they were that big...d.m.

Saw them play the Hollywood Palladium at their peak. Second album era I believe. I have no clue why anyone thought they’d fare well at the top of a sheds bill.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

Tymaster wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:31 pm Meh. That's what everyone here said about that Slayer/King Diamond/Hell Yeah Mayhem fest but it kept going. I'm sure the promoters know full well this thing will only sell moderately, at best, and that they're dependent upon beer and merch sales from these meat heads. That said, this looks brutal.
Do promoters get a cut of beer and merch?
DARTH SILKWORMS
Learning KISS Riffs

diablomozart wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:43 pmwere they ever big enough to headline sheds? i mean i thought they had a couple of cool songs but never thought they were that big...d.m.
No, they were never big enough to headline sheds, but their co-headlining tour with Rob Zombie did huge business in the sheds last summer. So you can't blame LN for wanting to take a chance and see if Mudvayne could stand on their own. But this one has disaster written all over it.
DARTH SILKWORMS
Learning KISS Riffs

Velvis wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:15 pmDo promoters get a cut of beer and merch?
What makes the summer shed math work is that LN owns all of the buildings. So yes, they're getting all of the beer and food, all of the parking, the standard venue cut for merch, etc.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

This must be Mansfield. That venue is where arena dreams go to die. The Cure sold it out in about 10 minutes. They do have to turn the lights on a certain number of times for some kind of tax reason or other to do with employees or some shit. So there are some tours that they probably write off as losers from the start and usually the late ones announced like Sammy's Beach Bash.

The production will be a chainlink fence from Home Depot and a few candles.

Nothing more depressing than being at that empty venue. Reminds me of the attendance for Glenn Frey/Joe Walsh. The sound has a weird clap as it bounces off the plastic seats, you feel like a group of lepers rather than an audience, the band is crushed, and then it's so noticeable when you walk out. Glenn Frey was staring a hole in us all the way to the exits.
tooth
Recording Debut Album

Post by tooth »

chungasrevenge wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:05 am This must be Mansfield. They do have to turn the lights on a certain number of times for some kind of tax reason or other to do with employees or some shit.
Now it makes sense as to why they host weak selling tours. Regardless, that place sucks to get to & from no matter how many people are in attendance.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

DARTH SILKWORMS wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:39 pm
Velvis wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:15 pmDo promoters get a cut of beer and merch?
What makes the summer shed math work is that LN owns all of the buildings. So yes, they're getting all of the beer and food, all of the parking, the standard venue cut for merch, etc.
Yup. Every year, the "will this tour get cancelled!?" posts start up and not a single one ever does. Live Nation are good bean counters. They pretty much know what they're getting into and they know they'll have some duds. Rest assured, Mudvayne aren't getting Miley Cyrus money for this thing. Once the Butcher Babies posters, Gwar shirts, nacho dogs, and copious amounts of beer are sold, everyone will leave unscathed. Even Live Nation loses a bit here and there, it's all a big write off and they've got to open those sheds up "X" amounts of time.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

chungasrevenge wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:05 am This must be Mansfield. That venue is where arena dreams go to die. The Cure sold it out in about 10 minutes. They do have to turn the lights on a certain number of times for some kind of tax reason or other to do with employees or some shit. So there are some tours that they probably write off as losers from the start and usually the late ones announced like Sammy's Beach Bash.

Nothing more depressing than being at that empty venue. Reminds me of the attendance for Glenn Frey/Joe Walsh. The sound has a weird clap as it bounces off the plastic seats, you feel like a group of lepers rather than an audience, the band is crushed, and then it's so noticeable when you walk out. Glenn Frey was staring a hole in us all the way to the exits.
He'd be doing that even if it was full.
Lobo
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Lobo »

This is a terrible band. I wouldn't go see them if it was free and close by.
PBFSUCKS
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by PBFSUCKS »

They all look pretty weak for sales. Even Pine Knob is light and that place is always a strong Midwest stop for everyone
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

Anthrax442 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:57 am
chungasrevenge wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:05 am This must be Mansfield. That venue is where arena dreams go to die. The Cure sold it out in about 10 minutes. They do have to turn the lights on a certain number of times for some kind of tax reason or other to do with employees or some shit. So there are some tours that they probably write off as losers from the start and usually the late ones announced like Sammy's Beach Bash.

He'd be doing that even if it was full.
:D
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Never heard them. They look cool as fuck.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
CANT_GET_ENUFF69
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by CANT_GET_ENUFF69 »

This tour still not cancelled. I personally hope they still do it, it would be wild to see these bands playing in empty amphitheatres every night. Live Nation will still get $18 per beer out of the 400 people in attendance.

Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

CANT_GET_ENUFF69 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:14 am This tour still not cancelled. I personally hope they still do it, it would be wild to see these bands playing in empty amphitheatres every night. Live Nation will still get $18 per beer out of the 400 people in attendance.

Are they even going to get that? All the news recently has been about how people aren't drinking anymore at shows (and totally ignoring how EXPENSIVE it is).
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:05 am Never heard them. They look cool as fuck.
Yeah well they sound the opposite...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

kingbrian74 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:06 pm

Might not be a show either
The power of Sludge compels you.