MY SOURCES were RIGHT ... Donnie Vie Australian Tour has been 100% Postponed!! Is Winger next?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

MY SOURCES were RIGHT ... Donnie Vie Australian Tour has been 100% Postponed!! Is Winger next?

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Someone... who will remain nameless... has just messaged me, and sent the following message...

""""""""Hope this finds you well!!
Just a little bit of news hot off the press for you. It looks like the Donnie Vee and Alex Cane tour has been cancelled. Titans touring are cancelling events without a statement at this stage. The guy who runs it Peter Hoffman is a shady bastard. Winger cancellation will be next. Watch this space. """"""""""""""""""

I guess this is the same promoter who was going to bring out Wig Wam... and that went ass-up as well.

My source also says, this is the same Peter guy, who was involved with that Melodic Rock Fest that imploded a few years ago... for anyone who cares.

I have removed the person's name... but... I kind of thought that run of dates was a bit of a stretch....

We shall see...

Any other Aussies on here... that know, or might be able to dig?

$ludge
Last edited by MetalSludgeCEO on Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
MetalSludgeCEO

Re: INSIDE SOURCE SAYS ... The Donnie Vie Australian Tour has been Cancelled, and also says Winger is next?

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

A second source has just told me Adelaide for Donnie Vie has been cancelled...

Hmmmm....

$ludge
Venom68
Learning KISS Riffs

Re: INSIDE SOURCE SAYS ... The Donnie Vie Australian Tour has been Cancelled, and also says Winger is next?

Post by Venom68 »

Not surprising. He wanted to do a performance livestream when that usb boxset came out. It would have been a pre-sale incentive for those people who bought in advance. The amount of work that went into trying get him to finalize the details of this performance was exhausting. Should have been simple, but he’s his worst enemy. Needless to say, the performance never happened. So when I saw the Australian dates advertised, I had to laugh. Immediately said that was never happening. He was the most draining individual I’ve ever met.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

was kinda expecting this since it was announced
The power of Sludge compels you.
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

No info from me, but I was not planning on attending either show
_underscore_
Headlining Clubs

Post by _underscore_ »

Damn RIP to the down under tour
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Here is the latest from the Promoter's website...

In short... they have announced the cancellation of 4 of the 8 shows...

The following dates are all cancelled... but, they are stating the rest of tour will go forward.

June 29th “The Bridge Hotel” Sydney
June 30th “Gallipoli Legion Club” Newcastle = CANCELLED
July 1st “Bad Luck Fortitude Valley” Brisbane
July 2nd “Mo’s Desert Club House” Gold Coast = CANCELLED
July 4th “The Barwon Club” Geelong
July 6th “Enigma Bar” Adelaide = CANCELLED
July 7th “Republic Bar & Cafe” Hobart = CANCELLED
July 8th “Prince Bandroom” Melbourne

> https://www.titanstouring.com.au/donnie-vie

--------------------------------------------------------------

A source very close to the Donnie messaged me the other day and says he has 5 Felonies... which might hamper him entering the country. Hmmm...

I know when TuFF went to do the Glam Fest back in January, we had to be cleared with a proper VISA and had to submit background info, passport and on the form it was requested to divulge any "Criminal History" - "Arrests" and even "DUI" charges.

For someone who has had some fairly serious past issues involving the above, I would think this VISA being approved could prove challenging.

$ludge
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:41 am Here is the latest from the Promoter's website...

The following dates are all cancelled... but, they are stating the rest of tour will go forward.

The Titanstouring site says those four shows were cancelled due to "poor ticket sales", but there's the "addition of an intimate show at GM Sound Studios - Campbellfield on the 6th July."

Guesses when they'll all be cancelled due to the visa issue?
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Yeah. I wouldn't worry about it though, it's not a big college colony.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Looks like there are 2 threads about this! I said before and I'll say it again! This guy has barely left the house in 15 years.. he's going to go to Australia to do a week of shows? It sounded like a long shot right from the beginning.

I'm sad to hear "canceled due to poor ticket sales". You know it's bad when the promoter can't even come up with an excuse. The only other time I've seen that was a Rod Stewart tribute band playing the local bingo hall. (I like in NYC now but like Mellencamp... I was born in a small town!) When the locals would rather play bingo than see your band, they cancel the show.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Venom68
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by Venom68 »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:57 am Looks like there are 2 threads about this! I said before and I'll say it again! This guy has barely left the house in 15 years.. he's going to go to Australia to do a week of shows? It sounded like a long shot right from the beginning.

I'm sad to hear "canceled due to poor ticket sales". You know it's bad when the promoter can't even come up with an excuse. The only other time I've seen that was a Rod Stewart tribute band playing the local bingo hall. (I like in NYC now but like Mellencamp... I was born in a small town!) When the locals would rather play bingo than see your band, they cancel the show.
Before I left that craziness, there was talk of him going on a UK tour and I was being asked to go in a glorified babysitter role. His other keepers were saying they thought he would die over there. No way I was ever going to put myself in that situation. He attracted bad karma like a magnet.
_underscore_
Headlining Clubs

Post by _underscore_ »

Venom68 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:45 am
DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:57 am Looks like there are 2 threads about this! I said before and I'll say it again! This guy has barely left the house in 15 years.. he's going to go to Australia to do a week of shows? It sounded like a long shot right from the beginning.

Before I left that craziness, there was talk of him going on a UK tour and I was being asked to go in a glorified babysitter role. His other keepers were saying they thought he would die over there. No way I was ever going to put myself in that situation. He attracted bad karma like a magnet.
Sadly enough I had tix to a different concert the night of his LA show coming up; I’m keeping the tix to the other show just in case something goes down between now and the fall…
kc primo
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Re: SOURCE SAYS ... UPDATED: The Donnie Vie Australian Tour has been (PARTIALLY) Cancelled, and also says Winger is next

Post by kc primo »

If Donnie wants to make any real money…..he needs to have a reunion with Vik Foxx and Chip. His acoustic BS is boring and lame. Get the original band in a studio, record some new songs, and tour the 3/4 original band that made it special. Otherwise enjoy the 50-75 in the audience
FOON
Recording Debut Album

Re: SOURCE SAYS ... UPDATED: The Donnie Vie Australian Tour has been (PARTIALLY) Cancelled, and also says Winger is next

Post by FOON »

kc primo wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:07 pm If Donnie wants to make any real money…..he needs to have a reunion with Vik Foxx and Chip. His acoustic BS is boring and lame. Get the original band in a studio, record some new songs, and tour the 3/4 original band that made it special. Otherwise enjoy the 50-75 in the audience
I agree. A reunited Znuff would pull in upwards of 90 people.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Mister Freeze wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:55 am Yeah. I wouldn't worry about it though, it's not a big college colony.
:lol:
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
gruentransfer
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by gruentransfer »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:41 am Here is the latest from the Promoter's website...

A source very close to the Donnie messaged me the other day and says he has 5 Felonies... which might hamper him entering the country. Hmmm...

I know when TuFF went to do the Glam Fest back in January, we had to be cleared with a proper VISA and had to submit background info, passport and on the form it was requested to divulge any "Criminal History" - "Arrests" and even "DUI" charges.

For someone who has had some fairly serious past issues involving the above, I would think this VISA being approved could prove challenging.

$ludge
The shows that have been cancelled are away from the major cities and would add costs to get there. Or in the case of the Gold Coast and Brisbane, they are only an hour apart so keen fans will travel.
You should always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

gruentransfer wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:10 pm

$ludge
The shows that have been cancelled are away from the major cities and would add costs to get there. Or in the case of the Gold Coast and Brisbane, they are only an hour apart so keen fans will travel.

At this point, it's ABSOLUTELY irrelevant of where the shows are, major cities or not.

Donnie Vie on his own in the U.S. isn't worth more than 75-100 people, and the same applies (or less) outside the states.

Even at $75.00 a ticket... which makes it even LESS appealing to a fan, they will not sell enough to make it work,

Also... this promoter, from multiple sources is essentially sh!t the bed with many fans... trust is gone...

Lastly... I know more... but will politely hold for now.

If you buy a ticket to this... good luck.

$tEvil
Venom68
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by Venom68 »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:49 pm
gruentransfer wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:10 pm

$ludge

At this point, it's ABSOLUTELY irrelevant of where the shows are, major cities or not.

Donnie Vie on his own in the U.S. isn't worth more than 75-100 people, and the same applies (or less) outside the states.

Even at $75.00 a ticket... which makes it even LESS appealing to a fan, they will not sell enough to make it work,

Also... this promoter, from multiple sources is essentially sh!t the bed with many fans... trust is gone...

Lastly... I know more... but will politely hold for now.

If you buy a ticket to this... good luck.

$tEvil
Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy lol. One day I’ll spill the beans on what he was doing to medicate his young nephew.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

No dis to Donnie Vie and his tour Down Under...

But...

I am willing to bet my Ball Bag this whole thing goes Ass Up in the next few days.

The thing is supposed to kick off on June 29th, which is 10 days out... and 4 shows are already cancelled, out of 8.

And.. for what it's worth... a NEW source, has told me in so many words... "The sh!t is hitting the fan now... and it's a mess!"

In Donnie's defense... I am hearing it's ALL on the Titan Touring promoters who are fumbling their balls all over the place on this... not Donnie.

The same ass-hats tried to do that Wig Wam tour, which also imploded a few months back. > https://www.titanstouring.com.au/wig-wam

Not to mention, they are the same group who sh!t the bed with their Melodic Rock Fest / Rock N' Skull esque event. > https://metalsludge.tv/melodic-rock-fai ... akes-bank/

When will they learn?

Who bought a $75.00 tix to this cluster-f#@k? > https://www.titanstouring.com.au/donnie-vie

$tEvil
LAglamrocker

Re: SOURCES SAY ... 2nd UPDATE: Donnie Vie Australian Tour has been (PARTIALLY) Cancelled! Is Winger next?

Post by LAglamrocker »

Both bands are playing Whisky
No plans for flights or boat pass needed

might be good time to go LA Zoo and see the kangaroos - so I get the full experience
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
_underscore_
Headlining Clubs

Re: SOURCES SAY ... 2nd UPDATE: Donnie Vie Australian Tour has been (PARTIALLY) Cancelled! Is Winger next?

Post by _underscore_ »

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ct7AKBXR ... BiNWFlZA==

Alex Kane from Donnie's band shares an update on Instagram
Venom68
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by Venom68 »

_underscore_ wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:24 pm https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ct7AKBXR ... BiNWFlZA==

Alex Kane from Donnie's band shares an update on Instagram
Everything Donnie touches turns to shit.
_underscore_
Headlining Clubs

Post by _underscore_ »

How does it work that the support act is still playing the shows? Is this a Donnie visa issue or is the promoter really the ones fucking things up?
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

kc primo wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:07 pm If Donnie wants to make any real money…..he needs to have a reunion with Vik Foxx and Chip. His acoustic BS is boring and lame. Get the original band in a studio, record some new songs, and tour the 3/4 original band that made it special. Otherwise enjoy the 50-75 in the audience
So u think Meddling Billy sucks??
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

REO Cokewagon wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:55 pm
So u think Meddling Billy sucks??
DAMN! Good question!!!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

_underscore_ wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:25 pm How does it work that the support act is still playing the shows? Is this a Donnie visa issue or is the promoter really the ones fucking things up?

""""""""""""""""""How does it work that the support act is still playing the shows?""""""""""""""""""""

Simple...

The support act, The Midnight Devils, likely reached out and inquired to the promoter, to be on the tour, or vice-versa...

But... with all respect, this band doesn't have a big enough name to warrant the promoter to BUY for or PAY for them to be there...

That includes... their flights down to Aussie...so... I can pretty much guarantee, the band BOUGHT their own flights. and will also incur many expenses to be down there.

Including, travel, accommodations, food, etc...

In short, this is a larger scale version of PAY TO PLAY.

They are paying to be there... and covering their own expenses....

This band has done similar in the U.S. as well, when working (supporting) some other National acts on tour across the states.

From what I have seen, they are VERY hard working and seem to be self-sufficient in most of these scenarios.

In the end, someone is paying some hefty credit card bills at the end of the month.

""""""""""""""""Is this a Donnie visa issue or is the promoter really the ones fucking things up?"""""""""""""""

I'm going to say 95% the promoter here...

The promoter clearly reached out, got in touch, and like any of these tours, events, offers the artist a tour, a show or run of dates.

The next step is for the promoter to secure the proper Work VISA for their country, and BUY the flights for the artist, providing that was part of their deal.

With Donnie Vie, etc.. I can promise you, that was part of their deal, for the promoter to BUY their FLIGHTS for Donnie & Alex.

Also... to secure, coordinate and organize ALL ground transpo from Day 1 til they leave, including cars to drive between gigs, or flights from city to city, or bus, train, tram, etc... and ALL Hotels nightly as well, and ALL backline too.

Not too mention, daily Food, Dinners, or Per-Diems for the band.

Anyone who buys a ticket from TITANS TOURING is asking to be taken advantage of... no offense, but their track record is less than desirable.

I mean, go read my new post... they are NEW company, with NAMES from the past, who SH!T the bed, multiple times.

And... they're admitting they are a NEW company and 2023 is their first year...

Guess what... they booked 3 tours so far for 2023... Wig Wam, Donnie Vie and Winger.

Wig Wam = Postponed.

Donnie Vie = Postponed.

Winger = ????

Does anyone think ticket sales of 9 winger shows in September are flying off the shelf? They're not.

HERE is my new post about this > https://metalsludge.tv/bands-beware-it- ... s-a-no-go/

$tEvil
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

That makes Stonebreed look small time.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

BANDS BEWARE …
It appears that an Australian Promoter has Dropped the Ball again and the current Donnie Vie tour Down Under is a No Go!
#postponed #cancelled #donnievie #titanstouring #australia #downunder #wigwam #winger #whosnext #metalsludge
https://metalsludge.tv/bands-beware-it- ... s-a-no-go/

Did I NOT call this 2 months ago?

Thank you, Drive thru!

$tEvil