Motley Crue cover Beastie Boys ‘Fight For Your Right’ live at london club show

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Motley Crue cover Beastie Boys ‘Fight For Your Right’ live at london club show

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

https://blabbermouth.net/news/motley-cr ... tid=Zxz2cZ

Video in link. It starts at about 33 mins in

I love the beastie boys, but this is the worst fucking cover ive ever heard, miming or not. Make it stop. Talk about trying to hard. I still cant believe john 5 left Zombie for this shit show no matter how much hes getting paid

I really dont think nikki is playing bass, and the vocals are questionable as well
Last edited by TheCULTofMANSON on Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Re: Motley Crue cover Beastie Boys ‘Fight For Your Right’ live at london club show

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

Vince is totally lost.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Re: Motley Crue cover Beastie Boys ‘Fight For Your Right’ live at london club show

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

They all sang a verse with Vince didn’t they?
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:49 pm Vince is totally lost.
He does look lost as hell. He looks like he knows this sucks ass and is questioning what theyre doing
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
Hair I Go Again
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Hair I Go Again »

SW

Post by SW »

Suprsingly good, way better than dated original.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

SW wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:33 pm Suprsingly good, way better than dated original.

You’re drunk
RockSkar wrote:
Itwalksamongus wrote:
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Interesting that an intimate club gigs comes in at exactly 1hr. As if it was timed out perfectly.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

cowpins wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:12 pm Interesting that an intimate club gigs comes in at exactly 1hr. As if it was timed out perfectly.

Yeah i noticed that as well. What r the odds
RockSkar wrote:
Itwalksamongus wrote:
JamesHetfieldsAcneScars
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by JamesHetfieldsAcneScars »

Had to be tommy lees idea.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:20 am
cowpins wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:12 pm Interesting that an intimate club gigs comes in at exactly 1hr. As if it was timed out perfectly.

The UK deserves more.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

cowpins wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:10 am
TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:20 am

The UK deserves more.
Why do you hate the UK?
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
Charles Bukaki
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Charles Bukaki »

I haven't even listened to it and it's making my ears hurt.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Damn shame what this band turned into.

They used to be my favorite but I can't stand them now.
schlonginski
Opening for Slaughter

Post by schlonginski »

Should have let Tommy sing this one, then go into Brandon....
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

He's not just lost during this one song. It's pretty much all the time.

I'm convinced that he is on muscle relaxers. He's been odd right from the start of this tour last year. His eyes look weird. I'm going to assume he has a facelift right before the tour started last summer. He still has that odd look of surprise and I don't know...boredom?

Not to mention they are playing all the songs at a slower speed which isn't all that bad in person. Something about sound in a huge stadium. The slower tempo travels better. It breathes a little. But yeah... Vince is totally lost.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Spongie

Post by Spongie »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:49 am Damn shame what this band turned into.

They used to be my favorite but I can't stand them now.
This all day. It’s absolutely embarrassing.

A lot of bands stay at the party too long, but Crue’s style and personality has aged miserably. Future generations will be studying this case in ‘what NOT to do’ class.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Well at least they picked a song easy enough they should be able to do it without tapes...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

Spongie wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:28 am Future generations will be studying this case in ‘what NOT to do’ class.
Not that it's all about the money, but..."how NOT to be millionaires"? Millions in the bank buys a lot of "don't have give a shit" as Vince especially so clearly shows.
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
Spongie

Post by Spongie »

DiamondDog wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:33 am
Spongie wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:28 am Future generations will be studying this case in ‘what NOT to do’ class.
Not that it's all about the money, but..."how NOT to be millionaires"? Millions in the bank buys a lot of "don't have give a shit" as Vince especially so clearly shows.
I didn’t say don’t take the money… I would too. But do it right. Other than showing up, 2022/23 MC does EVERYTHING wrong.
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

This is Nikki simply trying to repair their image of tracks and him faking the bass...

Go play a tiny club, with small production. feed-back, etc...

I am sure he is going to say stuff like "It's so great to get back onto a club stage..." blah, blah, blah..

Oh well.. good for them... 40+ years, all rich as f#@k... and I could careless if Mick was booted, or mad... the guy clearly wasn't capable of doing it anymore...

Which he basically admits... the only thing up for debate, is how much they wanna give him for bailing early... or not being able to hang.

$tEvil
Last edited by MetalSludgeCEO on Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

I've played this club before... a few times... every 80's band that goes through London has played here, at least for the last 20-25 years.

$tEvil
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:26 am This is Nikki simply trying to repair their image of tracks and him faking the bass...

Go play a tiny club, with small production. feed back, etc...

I am sure he is going to say stuff like "It's so great to get back onto a club stage..." blah, blah, blah..

Oh well.. good for them... 40+ years, all rich as f#@k... and I could careless if Mick was booted, or mad... the guy clearly wasn't capable of doing it anymore...

Which he basically admits... the only thing up for debate, is how much they wanna give him for bailing early... or not being able to hang.

$tEvil

So i guess this means u think they did a great job on the new cover song?!
RockSkar wrote:
Itwalksamongus wrote:
rockker
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by rockker »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:18 am
He's not just lost during this one song. It's pretty much all the time.

I'm convinced that he is on muscle relaxers. He's been odd right from the start of this tour last year. His eyes look weird. I'm going to assume he has a facelift right before the tour started last summer. He still has that odd look of surprise and I don't know...boredom?

Not to mention they are playing all the songs at a slower speed which isn't all that bad in person. Something about sound in a huge stadium. The slower tempo travels better. It breathes a little. But yeah... Vince is totally lost.
I said this after seeing them last year too. The entire time I saw them Vince had a “nobody’s home” look.
Kiss fans are like old men at the strip club. We know we're getting bilked but give 'em our money anyway. - Danko Jones
Playboyliquor59
Recording Debut Album

Post by Playboyliquor59 »

This sounds wonderful. Half empty, lights on, oof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXflpdM6tZ0
thunderdan

Post by thunderdan »

vince definitely takes benzos (valium, xanax) for anxiety when not drinking. Has similar effect. Lia his wife in his autobiography said they were becoming a problem and that was over 10 years ago
JamesHetfieldsAcneScars
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by JamesHetfieldsAcneScars »

Playboyliquor59 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:00 pm This sounds wonderful. Half empty, lights on, oof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXflpdM6tZ0
Shout 97 version sux sooooo much ass.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:50 am
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:26 am This is Nikki simply trying to repair their image of tracks and him faking the bass...

$tEvil

No, it means it doesn't matter. Only dorks like us give a shit.
Vince Neil Eats
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by Vince Neil Eats »

What happened to Vince’s stage presence? He could never sing, but at least he was a frontman. The dude doesn’t move or illicit any type of emotion.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:50 am

$tEvil

No... I didn't even watch that far...

I am sure it was a train-wreck... not here to defend them at any point.

$tEvil