Fent and tranq

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Fent and tranq

Post by superglide88 »

Seems to be all over the place for years now.
Those videos on the homeless druggies like in Kensington, PA are mind boggling.
Any stories here? Druggies in your area? Family, friends involved?
Or better yet, any addicts blasting ‘Nuthin but a good time’ while hanging out at Needle Park on these boards?

For those of you unaware:
https://youtu.be/gFK55uK12GQ
There’s thousands and thousands of these videos on YT, it’s going on all over North-America.
Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!:
tooth
Recording Debut Album

Re: Fent and tranq

Post by tooth »

It's fcuked up what certain cities are letting fly regarding people living wherever/doing drugs wherever/taking sh!ts wherever etc. & Tranq & Fent aren't helping. Those videos of Kensington are insane. I can't believe people live like that.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

Here in Albuquerque, people load up on liquor and whatever else they can carry, and trot out the door to a bus stop. All city bus rides are now free, so down and out people aren't limited to where they go.
Here's some guys at a Walgreens. It's a screen capture from a video on a subscription neighborhood watch site. No one bothered to try and stop them.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
St_Augustines_Pears
Headlining Clubs

Post by St_Augustines_Pears »

superglide88 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:41 am Fent and tranq
Sturm und Drang.
"Moving on, is a simple thing...what it leaves behind is hard. You know the sleeping feel no more pain...and the living are all scarred." -- Megadeth's "A Tout Le Monde"
LovePowerFromTheMamaHead
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by LovePowerFromTheMamaHead »

Turner Coates wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:33 pm Here in Albuquerque, people load up on liquor and whatever else they can carry, and trot out the door to a bus stop. All city bus rides are now free, so down and out people aren't limited to where they go.
Here's some guys at a Walgreens. It's a screen capture from a video on a subscription neighborhood watch site. No one bothered to try and stop them.

Why try to stop them? I have been told I will be fired for stopping thieves by doing anything other than asking them to pay for it. If they refuse, I am just supposed to let them go. If it's less than $1000 I am not even supposed to bother calling the police.
We lost several managers that tried to stop criminals and were attacked. They punched back and were fired. The company said it was not self defense because they could have ran away after the first punch from the shoplifter.

When I started with this company 35 years ago, we would chase people in the streets for blocks over something as small as a candy bar. We would take their pictures, file police reports and submit their info to our loss prevention. The police would take them away and we would go to court.
Today, we watch them leave with carts filled with Tide or meat and just tell them they can't come back in. Which of course they do a few days later.

Funny thing is, when our inventory comes back bad we can get fired as well.
ROADHEAD wrote:No, the book is live. I can see guys holding guitars in it. It's a live book.
DeathCurse wrote:A guy like Mamahead couldn't inspire anyone to hand over 5 bucks. He's not a douche, he's not awesome. He's just here.
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

Turner Coates wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:33 pm Here in Albuquerque, people load up on liquor and whatever else they can carry, and trot out the door to a bus stop. All city bus rides are now free, so down and out people aren't limited to where they go.

You might catch a disease trying to stop them. Or a hep infected needle in your arm. Not worth it.
Same goes for the cops. No point in wasting their time on them.
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Ryan81
Headlining Clubs

Post by Ryan81 »

superglide88 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:41 am Or better yet, any addicts blasting ‘Nuthin but a good time’ while hanging out at Needle Park on these boards?
Hello. I'll contribute although people are probably pretty sick of my I'm a junkie stories around here. That right there is a pretty good indicator of how it takes over one's life because it's all i really have to talk about as far as life experiences. Other than drugs, music has always been my main interest. So yes, i have listened to Back For The Attack on heroin & meth too many times to count. Along with all the other 80's metal standards that are discussed around here. I've heard the music sober and i've heard it fucked up and all i can say is that it is great music either way.

Anyway, i've been on heroin since '99 and in the last couple of years those blue pills and now the fenny powder (Tranq) have made their way onto my pallet. Mainly because it's not near as easy to get heroin these days. It's all those blue pills. Which makes sense because i'd imagine it's easier to make them and transport them. People like them because they don't need to shoot them up. Although some do. I can see the fenny being a real problem for me. I've never liked nodding out. I prefer to be wired more than down which is why i use meth as well. However, the meth lately has been garbage. Anyways, i do enjoy the fenny so much that i tolerate the nodding out aspect of it. Now after one hit unless i am doing some kind of activity my head is on the table. I swear to god i'm getting a permanent red mark on my forehead from it always being on the table. It's ridiculous.

Also, they say that tranq is rotting people's limbs off and there are some brutal pictures online. Back in Feb when i started doing it significantly more i will say that i got the nastiest leg infection on my shin that was scary. I'd never had anything like it before. I have pics, but it is too embarrassing to even post them. It was pretty worrisome. I didn't go to the hospital because i don't have health insurance and i didn't want my parents to find out when a bill came. Yes, i live with my parents. Records say i'm 47, but i feel so youthful i refuse to believe it. Anyways, i was scared about my leg, but i got some antibiotics from a friend and it was better within a week. I can't say for sure if the fenny caused it or not, but at the same time i was taking the antibiotics i quit doing it. (It is surprisingly easy to not do as long as you have heroin) and my infection did disappear. I've since started doing the fenny again and my leg has been fine so who knows. I do know that my leg looked like a lot of the tranq pictures that i saw.

In closing, i would strongly recommend against doing any of that. For a long time i thought drugs were cool and all that. And at first they really are. Music sounds even better. I could play guitar 6 hours or more a day and have a great time. But like all the stories go eventually they become a real problem and pretty soon you realize you have literally pissed your life away and i'm a very lucky one because i have only been arrested once and since i had such a clean record i didn't have to do any time (other than the original couple days). Whereas my brother has terrible luck and has been in and out of prison for damn near half his life. He is on the tail end of and 8 year federal beef right now. It's really sad because he is a good person.

Also, the quality of drugs these days just isn't good. They don't give you that euphoric feeling that they used to. Obviously i know that tolerance is an issue, but they just don't produce much pleasure anymore. The downers just flatout knock you out immediately and the uppers just make you jittery with no pleasurable feeling. It's a real pisser! Enough from me....take care of yourself my friend.
tooth
Recording Debut Album

Post by tooth »

Ryan81 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:33 am
superglide88 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:41 am Or better yet, any addicts blasting ‘Nuthin but a good time’ while hanging out at Needle Park on these boards?
Hello. I'll contribute although people are probably pretty sick of my I'm a junkie stories around here. That right there is a pretty good indicator of how it takes over one's life because it's all i really have to talk about as far as life experiences. Other than drugs, music has always been my main interest. So yes, i have listened to Back For The Attack on heroin & meth too many times to count. Along with all the other 80's metal standards that are discussed around here. I've heard the music sober and i've heard it fucked up and all i can say is that it is great music either way.

Anyway, i've been on heroin since '99 and in the last couple of years those blue pills and now the fenny powder (Tranq) have made their way onto my pallet. Mainly because it's not near as easy to get heroin these days. It's all those blue pills. Which makes sense because i'd imagine it's easier to make them and transport them. People like them because they don't need to shoot them up. Although some do. I can see the fenny being a real problem for me. I've never liked nodding out. I prefer to be wired more than down which is why i use meth as well. However, the meth lately has been garbage. Anyways, i do enjoy the fenny so much that i tolerate the nodding out aspect of it. Now after one hit unless i am doing some kind of activity my head is on the table. I swear to god i'm getting a permanent red mark on my forehead from it always being on the table. It's ridiculous.

Also, they say that tranq is rotting people's limbs off and there are some brutal pictures online. Back in Feb when i started doing it significantly more i will say that i got the nastiest leg infection on my shin that was scary. I'd never had anything like it before. I have pics, but it is too embarrassing to even post them. It was pretty worrisome. I didn't go to the hospital because i don't have health insurance and i didn't want my parents to find out when a bill came. Yes, i live with my parents. Records say i'm 47, but i feel so youthful i refuse to believe it. Anyways, i was scared about my leg, but i got some antibiotics from a friend and it was better within a week. I can't say for sure if the fenny caused it or not, but at the same time i was taking the antibiotics i quit doing it. (It is surprisingly easy to not do as long as you have heroin) and my infection did disappear. I've since started doing the fenny again and my leg has been fine so who knows. I do know that my leg looked like a lot of the tranq pictures that i saw.

In closing, i would strongly recommend against doing any of that. For a long time i thought drugs were cool and all that. And at first they really are. Music sounds even better. I could play guitar 6 hours or more a day and have a great time. But like all the stories go eventually they become a real problem and pretty soon you realize you have literally pissed your life away and i'm a very lucky one because i have only been arrested once and since i had such a clean record i didn't have to do any time (other than the original couple days). Whereas my brother has terrible luck and has been in and out of prison for damn near half his life. He is on the tail end of and 8 year federal beef right now. It's really sad because he is a good person.

Also, the quality of drugs these days just isn't good. They don't give you that euphoric feeling that they used to. Obviously i know that tolerance is an issue, but they just don't produce much pleasure anymore. The downers just flatout knock you out immediately and the uppers just make you jittery with no pleasurable feeling. It's a real pisser! Enough from me....take care of yourself my friend.
I'm not sick of hearing from you or your junkie story's. Good Luck & God Bless
Playboyliquor59
Recording Debut Album

Post by Playboyliquor59 »

A friend of mine died last week, she was 24. She bought some coke from the same guy she always buys it from and died because of fent. Her friend called 911 and they both made it to the hospital but she wen't into a coma. I work near park over here and it's wild how the old ladies set up on the sidewalk and sell blues right out in the open if you ask.
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

Playboyliquor59 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:56 pm A friend of mine died last week, she was 24. She bought some coke from the same guy she always buys it from and died because of fent. Her friend called 911 and they both made it to the hospital but she wen't into a coma. I work near park over here and it's wild how the old ladies set up on the sidewalk and sell blues right out in the open if you ask.
Yes you hear a lot of these stories lately about drugs being laced with fent. Bottom line: don’t do drugs kids.
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

Interesting story. Sounds like you’re still pretty functional despite your use but got lucky so far. So you one of those guys wandering the streets when u use looking like a bum or do you use at home? Also, how do you function at work and keep your parents from finding out?
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

It seems like a great way to go if you want to kill yourself.

"social control requires population termination" :D

Queensryche - NM156 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ioLqyQ9dHM
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

superglide88 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:28 pm
Playboyliquor59 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:56 pm A friend of mine died last week, she was 24. She bought some coke from the same guy she always buys it from and died because of fent. Her friend called 911 and they both made it to the hospital but she wen't into a coma. I work near park over here and it's wild how the old ladies set up on the sidewalk and sell blues right out in the open if you ask.
Yes you hear a lot of these stories lately about drugs being laced with fent. Bottom line: don’t do drugs kids.
I read on TMZ this morning about Robert De Niro's grandson dying from fent-laced pills, yikes!
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

superglide88 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:23 am

You might catch a disease trying to stop them. Or a hep infected needle in your arm. Not worth it.
Without law and order, society will crumble.
Cannot fault someone whose stealing diapers or baby food for their kids, but that's usually not the case.

There was an incident at my job where a co-worker's wallet was stolen by a Subway employee. The thief was confronted and ultimately gave back the wallet.
The strange part is that the girl is still working at that Subway. Didn't seem like she was disciplined in the least for stealing someone's fucking wallet.

So if someone is allowed to steal $100 worth of merchandise from Walgreens with no ramifications, they can also steal $100 out of your wallet too.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Thanks for sharing. Keep coming back!

Dude. Go to rehab. You still sound functional!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Mikky_Five
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Mikky_Five »

^No. He is who he is. His contributions (to this board anyway) are valuable. I do like to read his perspective. I talk to RL versions of him periodically. We here (most, not all) seem to share an era of music and silliness that I for one will not let go of. We need to acknowledge (and let the new kids see) the dark side of this time in history. So, call him a POS person if you want, but yeah folks, we need him. Because Metal Sludge Gossip Board is a sort of Documentary. And you, somewhat occasionally kind persons, are contributing authors.
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

LovePowerFromTheMamaHead wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:49 am

Why try to stop them? I have been told I will be fired for stopping thieves by doing anything other than asking them to pay for it. If they refuse, I am just supposed to let them go. If it's less than $1000 I am not even supposed to bother calling the police.
We lost several managers that tried to stop criminals and were attacked. They punched back and were fired. The company said it was not self defense because they could have ran away after the first punch from the shoplifter.

When I started with this company 35 years ago, we would chase people in the streets for blocks over something as small as a candy bar. We would take their pictures, file police reports and submit their info to our loss prevention. The police would take them away and we would go to court.
Today, we watch them leave with carts filled with Tide or meat and just tell them they can't come back in. Which of course they do a few days later.

Your one of those register jockeys that winds up getting shot over a couple of bottles of booze that you don't own in the first place.
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

Mikky_Five wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:38 am ^No. He is who he is. His contributions (to this board anyway) are valuable. I do like to read his perspective. I talk to RL versions of him periodically. We here (most, not all) seem to share an era of music and silliness that I for one will not let go of. We need to acknowledge (and let the new kids see) the dark side of this time in history. So, call him a POS person if you want, but yeah folks, we need him. Because Metal Sludge Gossip Board is a sort of Documentary. And you, somewhat occasionally kind persons, are contributing authors.

True. Where is he now though?
He’s an overdose waiting to happen
LovePowerFromTheMamaHead

Post by LovePowerFromTheMamaHead »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:29 am

Your one of those register jockeys that winds up getting shot over a couple of bottles of booze that you don't own in the first place.
Uh..no. I am a store manager that has worked hard at my job for over 35 years now, so yeah, it's a little personal to me when pepple steal from my store. I also own stock in the company as well. And, while I am not owner of the merchansise in the store, my job is on the line if the inventory is bad so i do have a stake in the product being paid for.
ROADHEAD wrote:No, the book is live. I can see guys holding guitars in it. It's a live book.
DeathCurse wrote:A guy like Mamahead couldn't inspire anyone to hand over 5 bucks. He's not a douche, he's not awesome. He's just here.
SchenkerFan
Headlining Clubs

Post by SchenkerFan »

As a European, it's pretty crazy seeing that. It's unthinkable you'd come across something like that in my country.
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

LovePowerFromTheMamaHead wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:44 am
Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:29 am

Uh..no. I am a store manager that has worked hard at my job for over 35 years now, so yeah, it's a little personal to me when pepple steal from my store. I also own stock in the company as well. And, while I am not owner of the merchansise in the store, my job is on the line if the inventory is bad so i do have a stake in the product being paid for.
🤣🤣🤣 Yeah, ok. That doesn't exactly help your case.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

Mikky_Five wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:38 am ^No. He is who he is. His contributions (to this board anyway) are valuable. I do like to read his perspective. I talk to RL versions of him periodically. We here (most, not all) seem to share an era of music and silliness that I for one will not let go of. We need to acknowledge (and let the new kids see) the dark side of this time in history. So, call him a POS person if you want, but yeah folks, we need him. Because Metal Sludge Gossip Board is a sort of Documentary. And you, somewhat occasionally kind persons, are contributing authors.
wtf
No one called him a pos
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Always interesting to hear your take, man. I'm sorry to hear about your brother.
AnthonyFocxsFogMachine
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by AnthonyFocxsFogMachine »

SchenkerFan wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:17 am As a European, it's pretty crazy seeing that. It's unthinkable you'd come across something like that in my country.
So I take it you don't live in France?
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

After lots of local press coverage, the thieves returned. This time cops were ready. What a concept.

https://www.krqe.com/news/albuquerque-m ... ue-stores/

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

SchenkerFan wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:17 am As a European, it's pretty crazy seeing that. It's unthinkable you'd come across something like that in my country.
It should be crazy for everyone. These people are litterally living like rats and all drugged up and no one bats an eye lid.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:13 am
superglide88 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:23 am

Without law and order, society will crumble.
Cannot fault someone whose stealing diapers or baby food for their kids, but that's usually not the case.

There was an incident at my job where a co-worker's wallet was stolen by a Subway employee. The thief was confronted and ultimately gave back the wallet.
The strange part is that the girl is still working at that Subway. Didn't seem like she was disciplined in the least for stealing someone's fucking wallet.
Was he a customer? Or was he on a bus and someone in a Subway uniform pickpocketed him? These details matter.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

Ryan you still alive dude?
Any updates?
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

Holy crap this video from 5 days ago is brutal, return of the zombies.

https://youtu.be/ApJJkGDsoIc

Mindblowing that any government does not intervene.

There’s a chick in the vid that was on another channel a few weeks stating that she was about to get evicted in a few days but trying to get clean. She’s on the streets now, only a matter of time before she’s a zombie too.
WolfgangVonPage

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

Pardon my ignorance, but what are the blue pills?
Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.