Motley 2024 stadium possibilities

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Vince Neil Eats
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Motley 2024 stadium possibilities

Post by Vince Neil Eats »

Most of us don’t see Motley being able to fill up stadiums on their own in 2024. With Def Leppard out of the picture, which bands could help Motley make this tour a success? Do they look outside of the 80’s genre?
Brainy Lane
Recording Debut Album

Re: Motley 2024 stadium possibilities

Post by Brainy Lane »

Poison
Mammoth WVH
kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by kytepunches »

Motley Crüe , Ratt and Bon Jovi . Book it.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Bon Jovi, AC/DC and Guns n' Roses can all do stadiums on their own. They'd never join a package.

Motley could team up with Aerosmith or Sammy Hagar and do well. Not sure who adds value as the third band. A reunited Heart?

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
HORRORHOLIC1979
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by HORRORHOLIC1979 »

Mister Freeze wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:52 am Bon Jovi, AC/DC and Guns n' Roses can all do stadiums on their own. They'd never join a package.

Motley could team up with Aerosmith or Sammy Hagar and do well. Not sure who adds value as the third band. A reunited Heart?

Sammy Hagar ? Dossn't he play clubs ? I don't think he's gonna help much bringing fans to a stadium tour.
"They're never gonna find your face, it's hidden away
I found a very special place where you used to play"
- Alice Cooper
Charles Bukaki

Post by Charles Bukaki »

HORRORHOLIC1979 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:19 am
Mister Freeze wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:52 am Bon Jovi, AC/DC and Guns n' Roses can all do stadiums on their own. They'd never join a package.

Sammy Hagar ? Dossn't he play clubs ? I don't think he's gonna help much bringing fans to a stadium tour.
I could see Sammy being in slot Poison had on the Stadium tour, but there would have to be a much bigger coheadliner, someone else already pointed out all the bands big enough don't need Motley. Kiss and Aerosmith are both on their way out. Journey could maybe fit the bill, but it doesn't seem like a good enough match. Another option could be two decent middle acts like Sammy and Alice Cooper with an opener like Tesla but the reality is I don't think Motley could even do arenas at this point without a really solid opener.

Edit, another possibility coule be Rob Zombie or maybe Priest I guess.
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

I dont think Sammy would add much. He doesnt even play arenas.
kc primo
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by kc primo »

Scorpions? I never thought they were stadium big here in the states but overseas they’re huge.

Only stadium tour that Motley could top at this point is with
Guns N Roses. But Bon Jovi and Crue could draw a stadium tour as well
Vince Neil Eats
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by Vince Neil Eats »

I’m not sure if Hagar is up for a full summer tour. Would a Sammy set of Van Hagar tunes with Michael Anthony be enough of a selling point?
Spongie

Post by Spongie »

Only Pantera could possibly save another MC stadium tour. And even that would suck shit.
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Mick Mars solo band?

I mean... we've all seen all the social media support, Mick has a TON of fans and support... right? :roll:

Mick couldn't sell more than 500 tickets on his own... and that's a fact... ZERO chance.

Anyone thinking otherwise, is delusional AF!

$tEvil
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

I dunno about Sammy. He was struggling like hell last summer to get through his set.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Motley GNR tour.

Motley can open and play for an hour then we can get 3 hour GNR set
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

Vince Neil Eats wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:56 am Most of us don’t see Motley being able to fill up stadiums on their own in 2024. With Def Leppard out of the picture, which bands could help Motley make this tour a success? Do they look outside of the 80’s genre?
Motely Shit was never able to play stadiums by themselves.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

MattleyCrue wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:27 pm Motley GNR tour.

Motley can open and play for an hour then we can get 3 hour GNR set
The funny part is that is the set length that both bands prefer. Mot would want to do 35 min if it didnt make them look like the opening act.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Motley BEGGING GNR to take them out = The fans asked for it so we're giving them what they wanted.

Nikki Sixx, "No, it's def a Co-Headlining tour. Myself, and others on the tour have our small kids with us, so we're going on earlier so we can put on a kick ass show and then tend to our dad duties".
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Velvis wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:31 pm

Mas Tequila!
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Velvis wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:31 pm

Listen, I'm trying. There isn't much to work with here. Who else is left? Firehouse?

Sammy still sounds good and does solid business. Here in Vegas, he sold out the Pearl Theater quickly and could've done a second night no problem.

The same crowd that came out for the Stadium tour last year would love him on triple bill. You can't go wrong with Van Halen songs live in the summer.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Sammy's response to being asked this would be, "Seriously? This is a joke, right? Did Mikey have you ask this? Too funny".

However, a "Titans of Rock" could work.

Metallica
Motley Crue
Scorpions
Judas Priest
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

Anyone who pays money to see this is a fucking moron.
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

100% they go out with somebody NOT in the genre as everyone knows Nikki/Tommy despise them

Wasnt Journey (JCain) also talking about doing a stadium tour in 2024 the past couple months?
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

Anthrax442 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:50 pm I dunno about Sammy. He was struggling like hell last summer to get through his set.
Yeah you’re right. Motley needs someone weaker to make themselves look better.
Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!:
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Anthrax442 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:50 pm I dunno about Sammy. He was struggling like hell last summer to get through his set.
Pretty sure I heard a while back that Sammy is finished from touring.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

ParaDime77 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:28 pm
Pretty sure I heard a while back that Sammy is finished from touring.
That wouldn't surprise me. Last year's show was extremely mediocre. I mean, props to the guy for going out there and giving it his all, but he's finally starting to sound like his age, and he had almost zero stage setup, just a banner and a two piece drum lighted drum riser for Jason. Almost seemed like his heart wasn't in it.

Maybe he needs to just stick to the occasional pop up gig at Cabo.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
OnWithTheShow
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by OnWithTheShow »

Sammy was still filling sheds last time he went out.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

It'll be the same old bullshit.

Motley Crue
Alice Cooper
Dead Daisys (buy-on)

Motley Crue
Scorpions (co-headline)
Dead Daisys (buy-on)

Would be cool if they got Skid Row with that new singer as part of the package. But it wont happen.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Sammy's done quite a few shows this year in Vegas -- the mini-residency at the Strat, and he'll be at the Palms in a couple of weeks for one show as of now.

At his age, why would he want to go anywhere else? :D
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Spongie

Post by Spongie »

LSD69 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:23 am Anyone who pays money to see this is a fucking moron.
^^^This all day. I wouldn’t go for free. They’re just plain boring. And that’s about the worst thing I could say about a live band. I mean how do you get excited to hear Dr. Feelgood for the billionth time.

I’d get it if they were putting on a mind-blowing visual show with huge theatrics and truckloads of pyro, but they abandoned all stage production when they un-retired.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

kytepunches wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:26 am Motley Crüe , Ratt and Bon Jovi . Book it.
Reunite the original stadium tour lineup of Motley, Poison, and Def Lep, but replace Joan Jett with Ratt. That should do it.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Motley/Pearl Jam coheadline. Place empty’s out on Jam headline nights
Openers : Lita Ford/ Courtney Love

The stadium tour Nuclear War I
Motley/Jam/Lita/Love
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"