DUMBEST GUYS IN ROCK ... The Ace thread got me thinking... Who are the Dumbest guys in Rock n' Roll?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

skinni
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: DUMBEST GUYS IN ROCK ... The Ace thread got me thinking... Who are the Dumbest guys in Rock n' Roll?

Post by skinni »

Steven Adler, whose heavy drug use led to mental slowness, was kicked out of Guns N' Roses.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Re: DUMBEST GUYS IN ROCK ... The Ace thread got me thinking... Who are the Dumbest guys in Rock n' Roll?

Post by BDG135 »

Are these the guys who can't even appear to be sober in interviews? Tommy Skeoch is one of them.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
HottKarl777

Post by HottKarl777 »

Zakk Wylde and Dimebag are (were) no MENSA candidates.
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Spongie »

Obvious choice, but Bobby Blotzer has to be near the top of this list. The guy’s a potato brain. I’ve never seen anyone with such a knack for saying exactly the wrong thing at exactly the wrong time exactly every time.
kingbrian74

Post by kingbrian74 »

Isn’t Blas from Slaughter kind of a moron?

I met him once, and he didn’t seem too bright….but it was a short interaction.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

Race Frehley

Peter Criss

Vince Squeal

Tommy Lee

Nikki Suxx
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

Sixx is a rocket scientist compared to the other dumbasses mentioned.

My picks:
Chris Holmes
Randy Piper
Johnny Rod
Mick Mars
Sebastian Bach
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

I'm convinced Tommy Lee is retarded...
SW

Post by SW »

Spongie wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:02 pm Obvious choice, but Bobby Blotzer has to be near the top of this list. The guy’s a potato brain. I’ve never seen anyone with such a knack for saying exactly the wrong thing at exactly the wrong time exactly every time.
I don't think Blobster is even close to the top. Sure, he's delusional miserable fucking waste of human being in many ways and annoying af. But mentally challenged like Steven Adler, fuck no.
Last edited by SW on Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Donnie Vie is dumb as fuck
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Spongie

Post by Spongie »

Those guys are retards. They brought their fuckin toys! :lol:

https://youtu.be/UxD4MqBLGd0

He’s clearly talking about Tommy Lee and Lzzy Hale. :lol:
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

In my opinion, it's this guy.

"I'm just here for the irony and the dancing."
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

Donnie Vie
Tracii Guns
Tommy Lee
James Kottak
Bobby Blotzer
Chris Homes
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

Turner Coates wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:08 am In my opinion, it's this guy.

I know people bag on Thayer for his giant melon, but looking at this photo, Ace isn't lacking in the fivehead department either.
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

I concur with most of the aforementioned Rhodes Scholars.

I’ll add:

Peter Criss
Phil Anselmo
Eddie “Fingers” Ojeda
Phil Varone
Stephen Pearcy
Mark Michals
Paul Di’Anno
Ted Nugent
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

SW wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:31 am
Spongie wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:02 pm Obvious choice, but Bobby Blotzer has to be near the top of this list. The guy’s a potato brain. I’ve never seen anyone with such a knack for saying exactly the wrong thing at exactly the wrong time exactly every time.
I don't think Blobster is even close to the top. Sure, he's delusional miserable fucking waste of human being in many ways and annoying af. But mentally challenged like Steven Adler, fuck no.
If you were to read his “book”, you might change your mind.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Many contenders Baz chief among them...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
IREEKOFAWESUMNES
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by IREEKOFAWESUMNES »

sebastian bach
tommy lee
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

IREEKOFAWESUMNES wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:01 am sebastian bach
tommy lee
Of the two, Bach "wins". He actually thinks he's smart, which only adds an extra layer of stupid. Tommy Lee seems to know he's just a big dumb goof, at least.
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

Stephen Pearcy always gets my vote on this
parasite74
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by parasite74 »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:53 am Many contenders Baz chief among them...
I concur.
ElectricBallroom
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by ElectricBallroom »

Gotta be Mitch Malloy and Craig Goldy. I met both at NAMM. Malloy was asking about gear in my booth and just wasn’t picking up what I was laying down. All blond hair and bright white teeth. He’s gotta in the “dull” IQ range.

Goldy was lost at the show and I helped him and his past-her-prime girl figure out where they were going. He was nice enough, but it was like talking to a kid.
long live the Electric Ballroom
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

A few questionable inclusions on this list…

Nikki Sixx isn’t dumb by any stretch. Not a great person, but definitely not dumb.

Mick Mars? I don’t think he’s ever come across as dumb. Just weird and quiet and not a great father.

Ted Nugent? Says outrageous stuff but not a dumb person.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

I remember watching an interview with Jack Russell during the Twice Shy era. He said he was so loyal to his fans, he would choose them over his own parents.

Not sure if that makes him the dumbest guy in rock, but it's definitely one of the dumbest things I've ever heard a rock star say.

It's like, dude, those fans barely stuck with you through the next album.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
SchenkerFan
Headlining Clubs

Post by SchenkerFan »

Tommy Lee definitely is a massive dumbshit.
Nibbler
Forming a Band

Post by Nibbler »

Van Halen Brothers
Paul Dianno
Brian Robertson
Race Frehley definitely, and to compound it he thinks he’s a legitimate genius because he took some sort of IQ test in the 70s and got a high score
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:06 am I'm convinced Tommy Lee is retarded...
He is. I tried following his social media and it made my head explode. Complete idiot.

And Peter Criss.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Indy_Rob wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:44 pm

Mick Mars? I don’t think he’s ever come across as dumb. Just weird and quiet and not a great father.
That too, but his rant about colorful cartoon dinosaurs and the "yuppies" who came up with that idea in The Dirt is one of the dumbest things I ever heard a rock star say. Even dumber is that he approved it for publishing.

Also, isn't he five times divorced? Not the sign of a very smart rich rock star, that must have cost him a lot.
kytepunches
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by kytepunches »

Love_Industry wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:45 am
Indy_Rob wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:44 pm

That too, but his rant about colorful cartoon dinosaurs and the "yuppies" who came up with that idea in The Dirt is one of the dumbest things I ever heard a rock star say. Even dumber is that he approved it for publishing.

Also, isn't he five times divorced? Not the sign of a very smart rich rock star, that must have cost him a lot.
It is really dumb if you got cleaned out once and still go without a pre nup.