Have we talked about Adler's singer?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Have we talked about Adler's singer?

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

More Axl than Axl!

https://youtu.be/syvsqhm6U6s

Google says his name is Ariel Kamin. Impressive pipes. I don't think people get how difficult it is to sing like Axl Rose for an hour, screaming at the top of your lungs on key. Not even Axl can do it.

Steven looks like he's entering the Pete Criss era of his career. He's pushing 60 though; I can give him a break. One of my favorite drummers ever. THE GROOVE.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Have we talked about Adler's singer?

Post by DiamondDog »

Damn, the scream at the start of Jungle :shock: Dude is great!
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

His cover band Wildshot plays all over LA like 10-15xs a year including in Calabasas last week!
Dude is Axl 1988! Very nice dude
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Yes we have. At least twice that I recall. But that's ok because Waxl should be embarrassed everytime he sees this guy. And you know he's seen this guy...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

It wouldn’t be so cheesy if he didn’t do Axls moves, but at least he’s stop dressing like him too.

But you know what? He’s so damn good, he can do what he wants.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

I usually can't get into tribute/copycat/rip off singers, but this dude's good enough to where I can get behind it. I liked Adler's Appetite when Jacob was in the band, and the Back From the Dead album had some good shit on it. I was kind of hoping for more of that stuff, but if he's just going to be a GnR tribute, this is good shit.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

Axl still sounds better
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

He's great... quirky or not... and even a bit goofy at some points sure.. BUT... the die hard fly-over state fans, and around the world, EAT that shit up!

100%... he's got the goods and like you noted.. singing those songs for an hour plus nightly, is NO joke... that dude has pipes!

$tEvil
AnthonyFocxsFogMachine
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by AnthonyFocxsFogMachine »

What's his ethnicity? Seem like English isn't his first language.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

AnthonyFocxsFogMachine wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:38 pm What's his ethnicity? Seem like English isn't his first language.

""""""""""""""What's his ethnicity? Seem like English isn't his first language.""""""""""""""""""""""

He is from South America, I am pretty sure Argentina.

He was in a Gn'R tribute band down there, and when Adler played there some years ago, his tribute band was playing somewhere and some locals took Steven to see him.

That is how they met, if I am not mistaken.

$tEvil
SeniorGrande
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by SeniorGrande »

Saw them right before the pandemic at The Whisky. Horsebeef was an opener.

The whole band was amazing, and Adler was all smiles the whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/live/UZSSE9ijOW ... hare&t=336
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

FreddyFender wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:51 am It wouldn’t be so cheesy if he didn’t do Axls moves, but at least he’s stop dressing like him too.

But you know what? He’s so damn good, he can do what he wants.
""""""""""""""""It wouldn’t be so cheesy if he didn’t do Axls moves, but at least he’s stop dressing like him too.""""""""""""""""""""""

Cheesy?

So... is it also cheesy, if a KISS tribute band, dresses like the members and do the choreography too?

If Adler had a killer singer out there but he looked and moved like... Wolfgang Van Halen... do you think people would dig them as much? I don't!

$tEvil
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

AnthonyFocxsFogMachine wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:38 pm What's his ethnicity? Seem like English isn't his first language.
Out of curiosity, which ethnicities have English as a first language?
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

mullet_head wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:02 am
You expect someone named after Anthony Focx to know the difference between ethnicity and nationality?
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

DiamondDog wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:26 am
You expect someone named after Anthony Focx to know the difference between ethnicity and nationality?
Yes, I do.
I expect that from everyone - including Anthony Foxc himself.
It's not a hard concept to understand.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Saw them at M3 in 2019 and he stole the show if you ask me! They were the most fun band of the day and ironically, the band that sounded most like the record!!!! The girl bass player was in the band at the time too. It was just a fun vibe all around.

I'm curious though... At M3 they were billed as "Steven Adler of Guns n Roses". Does the Adler's Appetite band still exist? Was he ever the singer of that band? Does Adler's Appetite still exist?
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:13 pmDoes Adler's Appetite still exist?
As far as I know, this is Adler's Appetite (2018 version) but now it's billed as Steven Adler of Guns N' Roses. Not to be confused with Adler or Adler Z'Nuff.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:13 pm Saw them at M3 in 2019 and he stole the show if you ask me! They were the most fun band of the day and ironically, the band that sounded most like the record!!!! The girl bass player was in the band at the time too. It was just a fun vibe all around.

I'm curious though... At M3 they were billed as "Steven Adler of Guns n Roses". Does the Adler's Appetite band still exist? Was he ever the singer of that band? Does Adler's Appetite still exist?
Yeah that bass player was thrilled when she was asked to be an official member. But then like within weeks she got the gig with Whitesnake, but I don't know if that's panned out to keep her very busy.

"Adler's Appetite" was a name agreed upon reluctantly out of necessity, in 2003. This new band was about to start a tour, but legalities regarding their first choice of name, "Suki Jones", had not been straightened out. The musicians did not want to tour just as sidemen to Steven Adler, they very much wanted the band to be its own thing. They agreed upon Adlers Appetite mainly because they thought it would be good for business, that it implied, this was Steven Adler playing Appetite for Destruction live. About a year later they put out an excellent five song ep.

At one point one of the bad numbers purchased or renewed the copyright to the name and withheld it from Steven.

A couple years later, Chip Z'Nuff joined the band, became Steven's best buddy and probably ended up in AA longer than anyone. A lineup formed in 2009 released three singles a year or two later while working hard behind the scenes to get Chip out of the band. Meanwhe, allegedly Steven learned that the publishing for the three new singles did not list him as a collaborator and he felt betrayed. Allegedly.

He ditched the Adlers Appetite name and formed Adler with Jacob Bunton with the intention to focus solely on original material. They put out a well-received album, but ultimately it didn't pay for itself.

The original purpose for Adlers Appetite was for Steven to demonstrate to the world and to his former guns n' roses bandmates that he can still play well and that he can handle tours. That's what he was working towards that's what he wanted. It must kill him to see those guys out there touring practically non-stop since 2016
AnthonyFocxsFogMachine
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by AnthonyFocxsFogMachine »

Good to see that someone hailing from what was essentially the Armpit of Europe until the Berlin Wall came down can still be self righteous enough to get triggered over this sort of thing.

And yes I've been to Portugal, and yes I've been to Ariel's putative homeland of Argentina. Argentina >>>>Portugal. Hotter chicks, better meat, better music.

"indeterminate ethnicity" has a much better ring than "indeterminate nationality"...but you'd have to be a native speaker of English to recognize the nuance.

And yes, Cristiano Ronaldo sucks ass.

Tudo bem?
Mikky_Five
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Mikky_Five »

Don't Damn Me wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:32 am
DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:13 pm Saw them at M3 in 2019 and he stole the show if you ask me! They were the most fun band of the day and ironically, the band that sounded most like the record!!!! The girl bass player was in the band at the time too. It was just a fun vibe all around.

Yeah that bass player was thrilled when she was asked to be an official member. But then like within weeks she got the gig with Whitesnake, but I don't know if that's panned out to keep her very busy.

"Adler's Appetite" was a name agreed upon reluctantly out of necessity, in 2003. This new band was about to start a tour, but legalities regarding their first choice of name, "Suki Jones", had not been straightened out. The musicians did not want to tour just as sidemen to Steven Adler, they very much wanted the band to be its own thing. They agreed upon Adlers Appetite mainly because they thought it would be good for business, that it implied, this was Steven Adler playing Appetite for Destruction live. About a year later they put out an excellent five song ep.

At one point one of the bad numbers purchased or renewed the copyright to the name and withheld it from Steven.

A couple years later, Chip Z'Nuff joined the band, became Steven's best buddy and probably ended up in AA longer than anyone. A lineup formed in 2009 released three singles a year or two later while working hard behind the scenes to get Chip out of the band. Meanwhe, allegedly Steven learned that the publishing for the three new singles did not list him as a collaborator and he felt betrayed. Allegedly.

He ditched the Adlers Appetite name and formed Adler with Jacob Bunton with the intention to focus solely on original material. They put out a well-received album, but ultimately it didn't pay for itself.

The original purpose for Adlers Appetite was for Steven to demonstrate to the world and to his former guns n' roses bandmates that he can still play well and that he can handle tours. That's what he was working towards that's what he wanted. It must kill him to see those guys out there touring practically non-stop since 2016
You'll see that no one damns you when you stick to facts, cat.

But you already knew that, eh, comedy guy?