RATE A COVER 1-10 ... "Red Hot" Motley Crue cover by Stevie Rachelle 'From Hell' - Ready & Go!

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

RATE A COVER 1-10 ... "Red Hot" Motley Crue cover by Stevie Rachelle 'From Hell' - Ready & Go!

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Rate my cover of Motley Crue's "Red Hot"

I sang this for a Deadline Cleoptra cover release about several years ago...

There is a weird "Nine Inch Nails" mix as well...

Here is the Rock Mix from 2008 > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bShOcp2dBEM

Tracii Guns is doing guitars on the rock mix... not sure who is doing what on this whacky Trent Reznor version below.

I only sang 1 track... and they took my comped lead vocal and used on variations of the song... the timing seems odd in a few spots... and I believe that is why.

Here is the Razor Mix from 2000 > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMZo8v6odKA

$tEvil
GutterCreep
Headlining Clubs

Re: RATE A COVER 1-10 ... "Red Hot" Motley Crue cover by Stevie Rachelle 'From Hell' - Ready & Go!

Post by GutterCreep »

Why are the comments turned off on the video? As far as the cover, I like it. 7/10

The Razor mix is hot garbage. 0/10
MetalSludgeCEO

Re: RATE A COVER 1-10 ... "Red Hot" Motley Crue cover by Stevie Rachelle 'From Hell' - Ready & Go!

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

GutterCreep wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:55 am Why are the comments turned off on the video? As far as the cover, I like it. 7/10

""""""""""""""""Why are the comments turned off on the video? """""""""""""""""

When these audio tracks appear on Youtube, they've often been uploaded by a distributor.

Example is, Tunecore which is an umbrella company that when you submit the album, single, etc... it's then sent to many platforms including; Apple Music, Spotify, Napster, YouTube and more.

With that... the audio is distributed just with the cover art submitted... I have done this with countless titles over the years and when the music appears on these platforms, the comments are ALWAYS off.

Just an FYI:, it has nothing to do with the Artist or Label requesting it or flicking the off switch.

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

GutterCreep wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:55 am Why are the comments turned off on the video? As far as the cover, I like it. 7/10

""""""""""""""""""Why are the comments turned off on the video? """""""""""""""

I also just clicked the little "Why Comments Are Turned Off - Learn More" button on the video and it says....

Comments may be turned off across YouTube because:

The video owner selected the setting to "Disable comments."
YouTube may have turned off comments on some content for safety reasons, like to protect minors or for other safety violations. Learn more about our Community Guidelines.
The channel or video’s audience is set as "made for kids." Learn more about this type of content.
You or your system administrator have turned on Restricted Mode. Learn more about this setting.
Comments on automatically generated Art Tracks are turned off if the primary artist doesn’t have an Official Artist Channel. Learn more about Art Tracks.

Why might YouTube turn off comments?

Comments on some videos may be turned off by YouTube for safety reasons, like to protect minors or for other safety violations. We know that comments are important to creators and viewers alike, but we also take the safety of minors and other vulnerable groups seriously. Sometimes we may turn off comments on content, even if that content doesn't violate our guidelines. We do this to protect vulnerable creators or audiences.

------------------------------

$tEvil
kc primo
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by kc primo »

I always liked your version of this, as well as the Look What the Cat Dragged In cover.
It would be cool if you did a whole album of covers from the 80’s
GutterCreep
Headlining Clubs

Post by GutterCreep »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:20 am

""""""""""""""""Why are the comments turned off on the video? """""""""""""""""

When these audio tracks appear on Youtube, they've often been uploaded by a distributor.

Example is, Tunecore which is an umbrella company that when you submit the album, single, etc... it's then sent to many platforms including; Apple Music, Spotify, Napster, YouTube and more.

With that... the audio is distributed just with the cover art submitted... I have done this with countless titles over the years and when the music appears on these platforms, the comments are ALWAYS off.

Just an FYI:, it has nothing to do with the Artist or Label requesting it or flicking the off switch.

$tEvil
Thanks for the answer, I appreciate it. #TheMoreYouKnow