What is your favourite Billy Squier song?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: What is your favourite Billy Squier song?

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Metal Sludge wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:24 pmIn the mid 80's my boyfriends brother asked me if I knew the lyrics to Limelight, I said I did and wrote them down for him.
He turned it in, got an A, and the stupid fucking English teacher didn't notice Shakespeare in the lyrics???
:lol:
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Stanley_Muscat_Guns wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:53 am Sweet Relief
That is easily his best deep cut. Love this tune.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Stanley_Muscat_Guns wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:53 am Sweet Relief
Have never heard this. Great song. This thread has remember how many great songs he has and will send me into a deep dive.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Press Pass
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by Press Pass »

I have always liked Rock Me Tonight and In the Dark.
jhenders
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by jhenders »

"Rock Out/Punch Somebody" opening track from the "Hear and Now" album.
mahogany
Taking Music Lessons

Post by mahogany »

There are several songs by Billy that I really like: Rock Me Tonight, my favorite. Followed by In The Dark, My Kind of Lover and Everybody Wants You. :)
Mikky_Five
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Mikky_Five »

You guys made me listen to "In the Dark" again. It's okay.

HueyRamone said: "Learn How to Live" (fuck yeah, might be best song listed by others not me.)

oops, no. tooth kicked your ass with
"All Night Long" (excellent) and "My Kinda Lover" (most excellent)

ParaDime77 said: "She’s A Runner" Patrick Swayze agrees. (or whoever wrote that line in Roadhouse)

Van Ailin' said: "Everybody Wants You" (has a super riff that's fun to play).
Agreed there! Verse and pause/chorus sold the song. Pre-chorus n bridge not so great imho

Stanley_Muscat_Guns and daveg erroneously love the song "Sweet Relief"... it's Release, dudes. Know your favorite song! Me? It's not a bad tune. Esp for an album ender in 1984.

jhenders said: "Rock Out/Punch Somebody" opening track from the Hear and Now album.
Hm. Nice throwback to an earlier time, but still not topping my list.
(I always read your nym as jbenders... learn something new every ten years)

What? My list of favourite 'song'? It's a friggin' list. Deal.

Just one song? gotta be "Rock Me Tonite" (even the allegedly less-than-masculine video did not deter me. Super cool song for the time). Aaaannd I danced with a supremely hot upper-class girl at the freshman mixer to this very tune.

more? yes. Here:

"(Another)1984" (love the background lady's passion. makes me want to sling paint randomly on a giant canvas while empowered women with more hairspray than swimsuit material pose and dance and hand me mid-grade beers in fancy glasses. Oops, I mean wine. It's a wine-night.
"All Night Long" (most excellent opener, dudes)
"My Kinda Lover" (bends and twists like said object)
"I Need You" (creepy crawls toward the inevitable confession)
"Whadda You Want From Me" (one of the first BS tunes I recorded from radio to cassette back in that magical time. Makes you want to dance like a ****** and confront the ***hole who keeps harassing you). (actual first song was prob "The Stroke." It was just OK and way overplayed imho).
"Nobody Knows" (actually not as good as "Learn How to Live," but since that's already been mentioned by a prominent and respected poster, I'll mention this song and how it's different enough from the the other songs to get you flipping the pages of that Penthouse mag so that you might accidentally find something to read. What?)

Honorable Mention:
"Fall for Love" (that talking intro paces it just right. You put the briefcase down and look out that 35th story full-wall window and think everything's going to be okay. At least for tonight.)

Bill Squier - Fall for Love
wineglass - ... probably 7